His Wall

EYRE | J.JK

At first, Jungkook was happy when it seemed that his hyungs could accept Minhee well, even Minhee could still be herself while chatting with them. That was his first concern when he decided to brought her. He didn't want her to get uncomfortable. But when Jimin began to , the uneasiness appeared. He began to doubt whether his decision to introduce Minhee to them was right. Yeah right, she is his friend and Jimin is a good man too but... you know... 

-- 

Jungkook smiled while looking at Minhee

Jungkook smiled while looking at Minhee. She was trying to help Jin with his salmon. Jin still mad at her because of his name incident, but let her help him anyways. He took that opportunities to yell at every small mistakes she did. Minhee's good with theory but apparently not that much with practice. It's the reason why Dahae was the one who in charge with their foods. 

Jimin noticed Jungkook staring at Minhee. He stood up from the dining stool and came closer to the girl in the kitchen, making the maknae tensed. The others who were in the middle of playing cards whined because Jimin abandoned the game. He chuckled and told them to just consider that he had lost.

"Are you alright? Jin hyung is too mean, isn't he? Don't take it seriously. He always like that." Jimin said to the girl.

"Oh i'm good. I know he's a good guy, except his smugness. He let me help him though." Minhee gave a reassuring smile.

"Ya! Ya! Ya! You're talking behind my back, aren't you?" The devil yelled to them.

"Aniyo, hyung." Jimin giggled. "I just want to take her to my studio. Why are you making our guest work?" He continued, teasing his hyung with his hand pulling Minhee closer.

"I am not! She's the one who wanted to help." Jin made an annoyed face, making Minhee and Jimin laughed.

"So, can you excuse her? You're the boss, right?" Jimin asked for Jin's permission.

"Tsk. She's not helping that much. Shoo! Off you go! Just don't forget my name again. I'm the worldwide handsome, Kim Seokjin! Ya—!" Before Jin finished with his word, Minhee already being pulled away, not by Jimin, but with the one who stared at them from beginning. Jungkook brought Minhee to a safer place, his room. It's on the second floor, far enough from Jimin at the moment.

"I see you and Jimin-ssi like to pull people around. Are you guys into a thing or what?" She narrowed her eyes.

"You are safer here. I don't want you to get uncomfortable." Jungkook said, rubbing his neck.

"No. No, Eyre. I am not. I'm good. They're fun, especially Mr. Worldwide Handsome Kim Seokjin and Jimin-ssi." She giggled. "He want me to call him that right?" She continued.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought wrong." He sighed. He still felt uneasy with her and Jimin being close.

"So i'm guessing this is someone's bedroom." She stated an obvious fact to change topic while looking around at the messy room.

"Ehm, yeah. It's mine." He, too, stated an obvious fact. It's not like he prefer to brought his girl friend —not a girlfriend— to his hyung's room, right.

It's not like he prefer to brought his girl friend —not a girlfriend— to his hyung's room, right     

"Oh, i thought your room would be bigger, instead you only have this one chair here to sit on." She sat on his gaming chair casually. He nodded, leaning on the wall near her.

"I like playing games on my computer. I like making music too. Oh.. And i like taking photos and videos. So excuse my electronic friends here. Even my bed gave up." He chuckled and pointed to his loft bed above his computer desk. 

"Besides, we don't have much time in our own dorm though. Our schedules makes us sleep anywhere we can, so usually when we're home, we prefer to do our 'me time'." He nodded to himself. Minhee knew that he was trying to make himself not to look pathetic.

"And all of this is your 'me time'?" She asked and he nodded again.

"But now i have a human friend so you are a part of my 'me time' too." He grinned and winked to her.

"I should be touched by now but you're too cheesy and weird at the same time. I don't know how to react." She made a face. Jungkook just laugh at her comments.

"And where are your other friends? You said you have other idol friends. Why are you become so lonely?" She asked with concern.

"They have schedules too. It's difficult to match our break time. We usually just chatting around on our group chat. And please.. I'm not lonely. I have 6 hyungs and the staffs. You can literally hear them laughing and shouting and bickering and anything every now and then, they are just next to the wall." He raised his shoulder, denying the lonely matter.

"I know, but i think you have the wall that they can't go through." She stood up and walk closer to him. "This wall." She put her hand on his chest to point to non-other than his heart. At that time, he couldn't stop his heartbeats. They stared at each other. Jungkook tried so hard to calm down. He didn't want Minhee to feel his heartbeats.

"Wow, it's beating like cra—" Her words were cut by a knock on the door.

"Hey you two, dinner's ready. Jin hyung want you to come down like right now. So if you two are in the middle of something, i'm sorry that it will have to wait." Taehyung said from outside the room while smirking. Jungkook gasped and immediately opened the door.  

"We're not doing anything. W-we're just talking." Jungkook stuttered.

"Yeah, right." Taehyung said, still smirking.

--

They were enjoying dinner while chatting with each other. Like always, Jin cracked his dad jokes and everybody laughed except one person, Yoongi. He stared at Minhee, she's aware of it. When she excused herself to the toilet earlier, Yoongi followed her. 

"Minhee-ssi.." He surprised Minhee when she was washing her hand. She jumped a little and turned to face him. She bowed.

"Oh, hello, Yoongi-ssi. I'm sorry. I'm done. You can use it now."

"Aniyo. I'm here to talk to you." He was dead serious, making Minhee gulped. 

"I don't know about your intention to Jungkook. I don't know if you are sincere one or not. Just so you know, he has a pure heart. He put his trust on you... He always thinks of others before himself." He looked deeply into her eyes.

"As his hyung, i don't want him to get hurt and  i assume you know what i mean. Someone broke his heart before. It took him a long time to recover.. Even now, you must already knew that the Daniel thing got out of control. He's been through so much... So, i just want you to know that i've got my eyes on you. Don't try anything funny or i'll be the first person you'll regret to see." He said with a plain tone, he wasn't even raised his voice, but that made everything more scary to her.

She kept thinking about Yoongi's words while eating her dinner. 

'What can go wrong? I'm just his friend. Why did he have to be so serious? '

'Someone broke his heart before? I thought he left his ex.'

"Ya! Salmon Girl! Why are you not laughing at my joke? Am i not funny?" Jin made her woke from her thoughts.

"Great! Now i even have a fishy name." Everybody laughed at my joke.

--

All of them finished their dinner. After Minhee helped with the dishes, they said goodbye to her because it's already late. Jungkook drove her home.

"I saw you lost in your thoughts earlier. Are you okay?" Jungkook took a glance at her, hands still on the wheel.

"Yeah, i'm alright. Thanks for today." She slightly raised her shoulder and smiled, showing she's okay.

"You know you can always talk to me, Jane." He said as sincere as he could. He wanted her to trust him too, like he trusted her.

"I know." She smiled. "Nothing is bothering me."

"Then it's good. You're my friend, i don't want anything bothering you." He smiled back.

'You're right, Yoongi-ssi

'You're right, Yoongi-ssi. He thinks of others first.. That's why he's so lonely.' Minhee faced Jungkook to see him better. He raised his brows while smiling and putting an Is-There-Something-on-My-Face look. He couldn't face her properly because he was driving.

'I want you to be happy too... But how can i pass through your wall, Jeon Jungkook? How can i help you through this? I'm just a friend.'

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS.  "You can only heal a broken heart through allowing it to open again; a closed heart remains a wounded heart. Many battles may be lost but you are not broken and you are not your wounds." - Christine Evangelou

Comments are loved:)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 13 was up, on wattpad chapter 14 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking.

Images are not mine.

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO