Friends?

EYRE | J.JK

Minhee looked at him. He was sad.

--

Minhee didn't answer. She just stared at his eyes. Jungkook also looked at Minhee eyes, but with hope.

Dahae understood what happened there. As a good friend, she tried to retreat despite the huge desire to stay and talk to Jungkook.

"Uhm, if i may suggest, you should just talk at home, considering it's still a public place here. It's not safe to keep Jungkook here, especially with a woman." Dahae tried to sound polite when cutting the deep staring situation.

Minhee looked at Dahae with a 'what-the-hell'look. Minhee thought that Dahae was very unhelpful. She just invited a person that Minhee want to avoid the most to their house.

"Just hurry before anyone sees you. And ... i'm ... uhm ... going to the supermarket for a while. I'll do grocery shopping." Dahae tried to find an excuse to leave them both.

Hearing that, Minhee immediately gave a desperate gaze to Dahae, asking her for help. She didn't want Dahae to leave them. When Dahae was about to leave, Minhee tried to release Jungkook's grip to pull Dahae. Jungkook didn't let go. He still held Minhee's arm tightly. Minhee sighed, gave up. Her eyes were sad.

After a minute, Dahae was nowhere to be seen. Minhee did not intend to invite Jungkook into the house, but she also didn't want to be in the headline news if she's found being with Jungkook now.

"Why you didn't use your hoodie and your mask?" Minhee snorted resentfully. "Follow me." Jungkook finally smiled when he heard it, even though he still sad.

Minhee was about to walk into the apartment building, but stopped because she was not comfortable with Jungkook's grip. "Please let me go. It's very uncomfortable." Minhee said while looking at their hands. Jungkook let go of her because he was sure Minhee would not leave.

--

Their elevator trip which should only last for a minute felt very long. Minhee regretted why she stayed on the 20th floor. This awkward situation made her very uncomfortable. She looked at Jungkook, but she immediately turned her face back. Jungkook was staring at her. From the start, Jungkook always stared at her.

"What ... what ... are you looking at?" Minhee asked while stuttering.

"You." Jungkook answered calmly. Minhee did not dare to ask anymore, fearing the situation would getting more awkward.

--

"Please sit anywhere you like." Minhee let Jungkook enter the house. She put her bag on the kitchen counter and took a can of soda in the refrigerator for him. Jungkook, however, still a guest to her. Minhee put the soda can on the table in front of Jungkook and sat on the sofa, farthest from him. Jungkook still looked at her eyes.

"Jane ... what really happened? ... Why did you avoid me?" Jungkook asked worriedly. His eyes exuded sadness and loneliness.

"I just don't want to meet with you guys anymore." Minhee answered decisively, without expression.

"You guys? Who do you mean by 'you guys'?"

"That person and you, Jungkook." Minhee still answered with a poker face. She tried to remain calm. She chose to use the name 'Jungkook' rather than 'Eyre'. This made Jungkook even more sad because Minhee mention him as a celebrity not a friend like they promised.

"Why? Why did you think so? Aren't we friends?"

"Because of you, i met someone i don't want to meet the most." Minhee knew this wasn't Jungkook's fault, but still, all this wouldn't happen if she wasn't friends with Jungkook.

"What Daniel Hyung actually did to you, Jane?" Jungkook came closer to Minhee.

"Don't ever say his name!" Minhee shouted, closed her ears with her both hands and started to cry. Jungkook became increasingly worried, he didn't expect Minhee's reaction to be like this. He tried to hold Minhee's shoulder.

"Jane, i'm sorry. What happened? Why are you like this?" Jungkook said quickly. He held Minhee shoulder.

"Let go! Don't touch me!" Minhee tried to push Jungkook away.

"No, I won't let you go." Jungkook hugged her instead. Minhee didn't have enough strength to push him. She could only cry.

"Calm yourself, Jane." Jungkook Minhee's hair with one hand, while the other hand was still hugging. Strangely, Minhee felt comfortable. Since she no longer tried to push Jungkook, Minhee felt the warmth in that embrace. Her emotion became more stable. Unconsciously, Minhee began to close her eyes.

--

Minhee stirred up when she felt someone was putting her body on a soft surface.

"Oh, you've woken up. I'm sorry to woke you." Jungkook said while making sure Minhee's head was properly placed on the pillow.

"Why am i here?" Minhee looked around and realized that she was in her bedroom.

"You were asleep. I thought you would be more comfortable sleeping on the bed, so i brought you here but you've woken up. Maybe you are more comfortable sleeping in my arms instead." Jungkook smirked. He teased Minhee.

Minhee was shocked and got up from the bed. "What did you say?! I'm not!" Minhee flustered, fanning herself because she felt that her cheeks getting warmer.

Jungkook laughed. "I'm just kidding, Jane. Even though it looks like that." He teased Minhee again.

"What?! Shut up! You're talking nonsense!" Minhee smacked Jungkook in annoyance.

"Ouch! It hurts!" Jungkook pretended to be in pain. 

"Don't be silly, Eyre. By the way, how do you know where my room is?" Jungkook smiled, relieved when Minhee called him Eyre again. Clearly, Minhee was not angry with him anymore.

"There are only 2 bedrooms here and the other one really made me felt goosebumps. Your friend really likes us." Jungkook squeezed his both arms.

"I told you." Minhee sat on her bed. Jungkook followed and sat next to Minhee. Minhee was initially surprised but then ignored it. That was nothing compared to the hug.

"You're not angry anymore right?" Jungkook asked while smiling.

"Who said that?" Minhee narrowed her eyes to Jungkook.

"Come on, Jane." Jungkook tickled Minhee.

"Argh, stop! It tickles!" Minhee laughed hard. They were like wrestling on Minhee's bed. "Jungkook, stop! Fine. Fine. I'm not angry! Stop it! Oh my God." They were still wrestling.

"Wow! I didn't expect the process of make up to be this quick. Maybe making up in the bedroom or to be exact in the bed is the fastest way. I will remember it in my head and practice it sometime." Dahae suddenly said in amazement. She was surprised to see Minhee and Jungkook seemingly hugging in Minhee's bed, but she was glad they made up.

Jungkook and Minhee hurried back to the earlier sitting position. They were also shocked, like a couple caught red-handed.

"Dahae-ah, this isn't like what you think." Minhee said.

"Yeah. Yeah. Even if it is, i don't mind at all." Dahae said with teasing tone. "Then, i'll be in the kitchen. You can continue what you were doing earlier." Dahae smirked and walked away.

"Oh for Pete's sake. This is crazy." Minhee face palmed herself and Jungkook laughed because of that.

"Just let her imagination run wild. I don't care." He laughed again.

"You're too relaxed." Minhee rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't be angry with you. You don't know anything either." She felt guilty for spilling everything on Jungkook.

He holds Minhee's hand. "The important thing is we've made up. We're still friends right?"

"You know, friends don't hold hands." Minhee blushed.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize it." Jungkook quickly pulled his hand. Minhee's right. "Uhm ... you better rest. Your eyes are swollen. If you don't rest your eyes enough, it will be as big as golf ball tomorrow morning." He tried to change the subject.

"Yah!" Minhee smacked him. Jungkook chukled and got up from Minhee's bed.

"I'll go. Just have a rest." He Minhee's hair.

When Jungkook was about to get out of the room, Minhee said "Friends also don't each other hair like that."

Jungkook blushed again, he turned around and tried to talk to Minhee but she was already lying under her blanket. Jungkook just smiled.

--

"Dahae-ssi." Jungkook talked to Dahae who was preparing dinner in the kitchen.

Dahae turned towards Jungkook, wiping her hand on the apron she was using. "Oh, you're done." She smirked.

"Dahae-ssi, can I ask something?" Jungkook asked seriously.

Dahae came closer, admiring the face of her bias wrecker who was somehow standing in her kitchen. "Sure, Jungkook-ssi." She said.

"Do you know what happened between Minhee and Kang Daniel?" Jungkook looked at Dahae, hoping that Dahae can help him.

"Uhm ... that ..." Dahae began to feel uncomfortable. She wasn't sure if she could tell this to Jungkook or not but she wanted him to help Minhee.

"You can trust me. I'll never hurt her. I ... want to help her. She's ... my friend ... after all." Jungkook was somewhat stuttered when he said Minhee was his friend. He blushed.

The view of Jungkook who blushed like this made Dahae sure that she could tell him. She believed Jungkook would help Minhee.

"Kang Daniel... he... slept with another woman ... after, a month earlier, ... he ... took ... Minhee's ity."

Jungkook's eyes suddenly enlarged, making his eyebrow raise in shock, his heart dropped like a ton of bricks and his fists clenched. He was burning in anger.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Can they be considered as friends?

Comments are loved :)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 9 was up, on wattpad chapter 10 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking. 

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO