Eyes Meet Eyes

EYRE | J.JK

 

- His POV -

- His POV -

'Phew, i thought i'll be exposed. How did this happen? I thought I've chosen the most corner table back there. If this keeps on, how could i finish this lecture? I don't want to fail this class again. Prof. Kim's already kind enough to let me repeat this class in the mid despite my busy schedule.' I couldn't stop grumbling under my breath while heading to the library.

As i reached there, i quickly searched for another back corner spot, hoped that it would be hidden enough for me to do my assignment. Luckily i got the spot. It's like prepared for me, it's very hidden behind the big shelf. 'Thank God. I owe You this one' i was very relieved. I started to do my assignment.

"Argh, this covers are very uncomfortable! Jeez!" i cursed while i took my hoodie and mask off, brave enough because of the hidden spot. It took some time before i heard someone talking behind my back.

"Who are you?" She asked. I froze.

"Why are you sitting in my spot?" I still froze, refused to turn back.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" I heard her footstep come closer. She came up behind me and grabbed my shoulder to turn me around. She saw my face.

 

- Your POV- 

I saw his face. 'Oh not bad' I mumbled to myself, liking the nice view but still annoyed.

"Hello. You heard me, right? Who are you and why are you here in my spot?" I asked for the second time with annoyed tone.

He seemed shocked. He looked at me with disbelief.

"What? Is there something on my face? Why are you not answering me? Is there somewhat a power button on you to switch you on?" I said sarcastically while pretending to search his button.

"Ehm, excuse me. I need to go" He grabbed his things and walked away.

"Oh now you're talking. I thought you were mute. You can talk like a decent human being?" I spoke loud enough so he could hear.

"What a weirdo." I put my things on the desk and sat. "Now i finally can study in peace."

I got up when i need a reference book. I searched for the book in nearby shelf and i found it. But that's not the only one i found. There's a pair of familiar eyes too.

I kept staring until i got annoyed again and asked him. "Oh you're still here?"

 

- His POV -

"Cr*p. Cr*p. Cr*p." I kept cursing while i walking away from her.

'How on earth i end up in this situation? Thank God it's not a big problem, but how can this girl not recognize me? Everyone knows me.' I still asked myself in disbelief.

I decided to search for another spot with my fully covered face again. I still had to do my assignment though. I got unlucky this time. There's no hidden-enough spot that had a seat. I had no choice to sat on the floor.

'Ugh. At least, this spot is fine.' I told to myself, put my things there and start to search for the reference book.

When i finally found one, i grabbed it and realized someone is in the opposite side. 

My eyes met her eyes through the bookshelf     

My eyes met her eyes through the bookshelf. I froze again but kept staring at her eyes for a few minutes. They are beautiful. I snapped and came back to reality when she said something.  

"Oh you're still here?" She seemed annoyed. I didn't reply.

"And you're mute again. Whatever." She grabbed a book, the one that i grabbed. Cr*p.

"Oh please. This one is mine." She's pissed.

"No, sorry. I grabbed it first." I finally talked.

"Why on earth you always get me annoyed when you finally talking?"

"I. Need. This. Book." I tried to sound firm.

"I. Need. This. Book. Too." Her expression got dark.

"Hmm. Okay. Maybe we can share. I really need this right now." I gave in and had no other choice to offer a share.

She's deep in thought for a while until she sighed and said no. "You can use it first." She said and walked away.

'What the –– ! What's wrong with this woman?! One moment she's angry and another moment she just walked away. She's so lucky, i just gave her a chance to study together with famous person like me but –– What?! She just turned me down!' I fumed.

 

- Dahae's POV -

I looked for Minhee in the library and when i found her, she looked very annoyed.

"Minhee-ah." I came to her.

"Oh hey. What are you doing here? It's rare to have you here in library." She changed her expression to a teasing one. Tsch. 'She was just annoyed 2 second ago and now she's teasing me.' I rolled my eyes.

"I wanted to go home, my boys will be on TV this evening but i forgot to bring my key. Can i borrow yours?"

"Of course." She walked to her seat. "I think i'm going to go home too." She said.

"What?! What a rare situation! Are you sick?" I checked her temperature with my palm.

"I'm okay, Dahae-ah. I'm just tired. I want to go home and rest. Plus my reference book is unavailable right now. Someone already grabbed it first."

"You can always share, right?"

"No. You know me. I can't study with others around me."

"Yeah, right. Okay then, let's go home."

 

- His POV -

After i finished with the book, i tended to put it back to the shelf but i kept thinking about the girl earlier. She needed this book too. I looked for her but she's not in her spot. I kept looking but she's nowhere in sight.

"Maybe she's already head out." I sighed and returned the book. I decided to go home.

At the dorm, my hyungs keep on asking me.

"Hey maknae, how's uni going?" My oldest hyung asked me.

"Well, there are hallways, you see? And those hallways are lined with metal closets called lockers. There are doors too, and these doors lead either to a classroom or a gym, or sometimes a library. Humans exist in this realm of doors and hallways, and they communicate with words. There is also electricity and floors." I tried to sound astonished.

Hyung looked at me in disgust and smacked my head.

"Yah! Where did you learn that?" He said and glared at me.

"Google." I said simply and got smacked again.

"Okay. Okay. Someone somehow made me uncomfortable."

"Yah! It's that true? Did your sasaeng followed you?" The other hyung also asked me.

"I don't know hyung. It seemed she don't know me but who knows if it's just her act. It's a long story." I told them.

"I got time. I'm all ears." The oldest said. I sighed and i told them everything.

"Wow! There's someone who actually doesn't know you in the entire South Korea" Oldest hyung exaggerated.

"Shut up, hyung! Maybe he's right about the girl just acting though. We always need to be carefull, right?" Leader hyung said.

"Yeah, right. Thanks hyung." I said. They patted my back.

 

- Narrator's POV -

In the next day, as usual, after Minhee yelled at Dahae, they went to the uni. Strangely, part of her hoped that she would meet him. There's something in him that felt mysterious. She didn't know why. Her eyes looked for him, but she didn't find him in class today.

"That's weird" She thought.

"Ms. Choi, can you bring me some books that prove what you did here?" Prof. Kim asked Minhee while he checked her last week assignment.

"Oh yes, Prof. Kim. Actually, i don't bring my book right now. I'll borrow it from library. I'll be back soon" Prof. Kim nodded.

She went to the library, searched for what she need. When she grabbed a book from one of the shelf, she met his eyes again.

When she grabbed a book from one of the shelf, she met his eyes again     

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. He has a very nice eyes, hasn't he?

Comments are loved :)

Images are not mine. (balliol.ox.ac.uk; KBS Drama Love Rain; koreaboo.com)

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO