Realization

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ch.07
Realization

 

 

She felt sore all over her body as if it was locked up on the bed. To be honest, Yuri hasn't accepted any part-time jobs for days because ever since she encounters Choi Yena; just she felt like she couldn't do anything.

 

Choi Yena has been on her mind like a toxic all the time. It's hard for her to just discard the fact Yena showed herself back after five years disappeared.

 

And...

 

There's one more thing Yuri found it as a problem.

 

Ever since Yena came back into her life... that dream... the dream where she lost her world... kept appearing in her sleep without fail.

 

Yuri wasn't sure whether she needs to thank Yena for come back into her life; though initially, she hates her for leaving her hanging just like that or she would say she despised her because she's the reason for everything.

 

Honestly saying, it's not entirely Yena's fault because... that girl barely knows anything and they're young back then. But, Yuri has been in agony for years; she missed everyone around her. When she noticed her own mother couldn't remember her and claimed her as death; her whole world had gone.

 

Yuri had no one by her side. She was alone.

 

Like, she didn't know what kind of sins she had done that God punished her too badly. Yuri never steals nor killing someone. She did nothing but yet she experienced the worst thing ever could happen in her entire life.

 

"D---Dad."

 

Sweats dripping down her cheeks as her eyes were shaking though it closed, "D--Dad," Yuri instantly sat on the bed with her eyes widely opened. Her breath was rough as she tried to grasp some oxygen from the surrounding.

 

Yuri heaved out a profound sigh before she wiped the sweat on her forehead, "That dream again," She complained with her teeth gnawed her lower lips. 

 

The girl looked around the room but couldn't see any familiar girl she supposed to see. Well, that girl has been staying in her house for days, how could she not notice her existence, though?

 

It would be a lie if Yuri said she wasn't feeling disappointed when she couldn't mark the older girl but when she smells something good outside the room, she knows the girl was still out there; probably preparing some food for them to eat.

 

Basically, Yuri didn't know how to cook. So, she would usually have it deliver or sometimes, Chaeyeon and her would go out to grab for foods. But since Chaeyeon gained a new girlfriend, they rarely spend time together and there's Yuri alone; enjoying her food with no one else beside her. Most of the times.

 

But lately, whenever she revealed her eyes, there will be someone by her side and that someone is Choi Yena.

 

Yuri forced herself to wake up from the bed, going out from the room she has been locking herself in for a few days; with a reason, she didn't want to see Yena. 

 

It's actually hard to merely explain the contradictory feelings Yuri had in herself right now. She needs Yena but at the same time, those dreadful things happened in the past kept disturbing her disordered mind and it inadvertently caused her to hate Yena.

 

Just... Yuri wasn't sure whether she should let Yena stay or leave.

 

"You're awake," Yena had a radiant smile plastered on her lovely face when she regarded the younger girl was currently walking towards her, "Wait for a while, the breakfast will be done in a couple of minutes," The girl claimed.

 

Yuri looked at the back of the girl with a sigh escaped her parched lips. She took a seat at the dinner table that she hasn't used for months as of now; because she prefers to enjoy her meals in front of the television.

 

To make she feels less lonely.

 

Her eyes subsequently fell on the table that currently being filled with tons of food. There were a lot of side dishes and Yuri started to naturally wonder if it was cooked by Yena or she just simply bought it. 

 

"So, here. I know that you like Kimchi stew so I made one for you today," Yena set the black pot in front of the girl with a piece of cloth underneath it, to make sure it wouldn't burn the wooden table.

 

Yena gently placed her hand on the lid and opened it, "It looks delicious right?" She urged the question to the younger girl that has her eyes promptly locked on Yena. The stares looked sad, and Yena couldn't stand to see Yuri behaves like this.

 

"Yena," She softly called out for the girl's name.

 

The older girl raised both of her eyebrows but when Yuri didn't respond for a couple of seconds, Yena smiled, "I'm going to scoop some rice for you," She turned around but was taken aback when someone held onto her wrist.

 

She slowly faces the girl with a puzzled look on her face. 

 

Yuri nibbled with her lips for a while, cautiously lowering her head with her hand still grasping Yena's wrist, "Wh--Why," She started to talk as she inclined her head, "Why are you doing all of this?"

 

The direct question actually startled Yena a little bit since she didn't expect that Yuri would ask such question towards her. Plus... she genuinely thought Yuri was going to provide a silent treatment to her until she leaves her place.

 

"Because," Her rosy lips curved upwards, her hand comfortably reached the girl's hair as she tenderly caressed it, "You deserve to be loved, Jo Yuri and I'm here.  To love you and to make everything just like before.  When we're still happy. When you and I are still together."

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

"You know we shouldn't do this anymore," Yena had hauled the man out from the grand house when he kept spouting absurd nonsense in front of the woman they falsely claimed as her mother. She gathered a deep breath, moistening her lips before crossed her arms, "Look, you know that Yuri isㅡ"

 

"Shut your mouth," His voice came out stern but that doesn't mean Yena could stay quiet and allow everything happened as they wanted.

 

Just... it's plainly outrageous, to admit that she's actually Jo Yuri when she's clearly not; though she did call her Yena with a reason, they changed her name.

 

This is not the reason why she agreed to do it in the first place.

 

Yena heaved out a sigh of frustration with her both fists clenched, "I should never approve this ridiculous plan. You and my father merely trying to ruin her life. Everyone just don't care about Yuri anymore."

 

"You don't know the exact thing happen. You're not in the place to say anything," The man's expression suddenly becomes dark as if there's something he wants to tell but he decided not to talk about it because... no one will comprehend it anyway.

 

The girl narrowed her eyes, trying to be rational, "Tell me," She looked straight into his eyes, "Tell me everything from A to Z. Let me at least understand the reason why you're doing this to your own daughter."

 

"T---That."

 

"Tell me now or you could completely disregard the fact I've been pretending to be your daughter for three months as of now and I will confess her the truth. The truth that her daughter is still alive and she's not me," Yena severely threatened the man causing him to startle over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter