Proposition

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Ch.15
Proposition

 

 

It has been awkward since the morning as soon as Yujin woke up from her sleep. Wonyoung got some breakfast adequately prepared for Yujin like she habitually did. 

 

The two sit across each other with a fork in their hand while playing with the food on the plate. 

 

"Are you---"

 

Both of the girls stopped talking when they had utter the same word. Again, the awkward air spread between the two of them. 

 

"Where is---"

 

They halted their words again. 

 

"You first," Wonyoung stated, willingly giving the chance for Yujin to talk first. Yujin then toss back her head as she offered a gesture, gently telling Wonyoung to speak out, "We will never get started with the conversation if it's like this right?" 

 

Yujin chuckled delightedly upon the statement as she nodded her head, mutually agreeing to the statement, "Where is Yena?" The older girl continued with her question. 

 

Wonyoung raised both of her eyebrows, "She informed me she was going to sleep over at Yuri's house yesterday. So, I bet she's there?" She promptly answered. 

 

The girl jerked her head, "Oh, I see," She had slurped the soup Wonyoung cooked for her, "It's delicious as usual," Yujin's lips curved upwards, producing a pleasant smile as she continued consuming the food in front of her. 

 

"Yujin-ah," Wonyoung tried to say something but halted instantly herself. 

 

Yujin elevated her head up, sufficiently meeting the girl's eyes as she waited respectfully for the following words from her. 

 

But turns out, Wonyoung stayed quiet for another five minutes, promptly making the situation more awkward. 

 

"I think I know what you want to talk about." 

 

Wonyoung swayed her head, "No, it's not about her," She naturally thought the only thing Yujin could think about was Kim Minjoo. That's the first person who could come across her mind at the moment. 

 

"I know," Wonyoung startled upon Yujin's words as she looked steadfastly at the older girl with a clueless expression, "I'm not going to talk about her. She's the past to me."

 

"Then?" 

 

Yujin gnawed her lower lips, hesitated to even mention the topic to the girl in front of her, "I---I" 

 

Wonyoung smiled assuringly, "It's okay if you're not ready to tell me."

 

"No, it wasn't like that," Yujin quickly denied. She had scratched her head, confused on how she should declare those things to her. 

 

Earnestly saying, Yujin had known Wonyoung's feelings towards her ever since the first time they met each other. She never hides on her feelings. 

 

Wonyoung... she has always been honest from the start. 

 

The way she behaves around Yujin speaks it all. 

 

But... the problem comes from Yujin. 

 

Ever since Minjoo broke up with her, it's not easy at all for Yujin to move on from the fact that Minjoo left her behind to pursue her dream. 

 

But now, when she encountered her again after a long time, Yujin wasn't sure about her feelings anymore. She knows she can't lie to herself that she actually started to treasure the girl in front of her. 

 

Yujin... she falls in love with Wonyoung because of her never ending attention towards the girl. Yujin genuinely thought she had move on from Minjoo... she undoubtedly thought she did but... sigh. 

 

"It's about you and me," Wonyoung frowned thoughtfully to it, "I---I, Wonyoung-ah," She looked into the girl's sparkling eyes, "Let's date." 

 

The younger girl stunned by the sudden confession made by Yujin. She had flashed her eyes for few times, looking puzzled. 

 

"You and I. Let's date. Be my girlfriend, Jang Wonyoung."

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

It's her second day in Japan, and Chaeyeon had woken up super-duper early to start her day. She had simply bought a breakfast for Yuri since she didn't know what she would want for her morning meal. 

 

Chaeyeon comfortably settled herself in the living room, looking around the hotel Yuri had booked for them to stay throughout their trip in Japan. 

 

Sakura had tentatively suggested for the two of them to stay at her house only since she had a lot of extra rooms but since the room they booked couldn't be canceled, so, they had no any other choice. 

 

Chaeyeon decided to switch on the television, in hope there's something she could watch though it's literally seven in the morning. She grabbed the remote control, kept pressing on the random button on it but all of the shows undoubtedly appeared were in Japan language and she's not that fluent enough to watch it. 

 

The girl then took out her phone from her jeans pocket and started modestly to scroll over her messages. 

 

103 unread messages from Yena. 

 

Choi Yena was really desperate huh? 

 

She had no idea what happened between the couple but she knows sooner or later they need to reconcile. 

 

Chaeyeon decided to open the message from Yena and scrolled through it. All she could see was probably the girl kept persistently asking the whereabouts of Yuri because Chaeyeon would be the closest to Yuri after her. 

 

She heaved out a sigh as her fingers began to type something on the screen but she studiously kept deleting it because she wasn't sure on how she should inform the girl. 

 

All she could think of at the moment was asking an opinion about it to her girlfriend, Miyawaki Sakura. 

 

She had pressed the number one on her phone for a long time before she placed it on her ears. 

 

Chaeyeon nervously waits for someone to answer it and as soon as she could graciously hear the other side picking up the phone, a radiant smile formed on her lips, "Hi, hello." 

 

She looked pretty nervous to talk candidly with the girl on the phone since this was the first time she had a phone call with Sakura after they reconciled. 

 

"Hey, Chaeyeon, good morning. Why are you calling me early in the morning?" 

 

Chaeyeon had crossed her legs, sitting at ease on the couch, seizing one of the small pillows on it and gently put it on her laps, "Just, I want to ask your opinion on something." 

 

"Yes, what it is, dear?" 

 

"Okay, Yuri followed me to Japan because she had a problem with Yena, I believed so because she didn't want me to answer any call or messages from Yena." 

 

"So you want to help the two of them?" 

 

Chaeyeon smiled tenderly, "You read my mind," She rightfully claimed, "I know I wasn't in the place to control their life but we all know how much they love each other. They obviously need each other as we did." 

 

Her rosy cheeks flushed upon the prior statement she uttered by herself. 

 

"Chaeyeon, you're so cute." 

 

A sound of someone giggling could be heard by Chaeyeon, "Sakura, I'm serious, okay." 

 

"Okay, okay. So what are you planning to do? Well, if you want my opinion on it, I suggest you contact Yena and make her come to Japan then settle her problem by herself," Sakura paused for a while, "Babe, you couldn't drag yourself too much into their problems. It will get worse. So the least you can do now is, tell Yena where you're at. You will help her a lot, dear."

 

Chaeyeon had taken a deep breath before she exhaled, "I think you're right. I still need to think of my friendship with them as well. Thank you, Sakura. I don't know what I should do if it weren't because of you."

 

"Hey, baby, don't thank me. That's what I am supposed to do," Sakura assured the girl. 

 

Chaeyeon tucked in her hair behind her ears, "I think I need to go. See you for lunch, okay?"

 

"All right dear. Take care and fighting!" 

 

As soon as they ended the phone call, Chaeyeon instantly opened the conversation she had with Yena, confidently typing before she clicked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter