ELEVEN

The Impossible | CLOSED.

Minho and Sulli were the last to leave as everyone else left just moments before. Things could have definitely gone worse than what happened today but Minho supposes it’s the small mercies he is thankfully given.

 

Things might not have gone exactly the way he planned it to be like or at least the way he pictured it — with his whole extended family meeting Sulli and not just his parents —  though nonetheless Minho was still glad that all things considered Sulli was accepted and treated nicely. That’s all that really matters to Minho; this might just be a facade but he still wants Sulli to be treated with respect and no less.

 

Overall tonight went great; it was one of the few things that he hoped would go off well without a hitch. His parents also seemed to love Sulli just like he hoped and knew they would; maybe a little too much at that. All in all, however, Minho was happy that his parents loved Sulli. This made things a lot easier now but the sinking feeling in his heart is becoming more evident as the days continue to pass. Today, the evident feeling became stronger than ever.

 

If Minho thinks about it and looks at how far they have come, Sulli is doing exceptionally well on her part of the deal — being the perfect and ideal girlfriend and soon to be fiancé — Minho has to give it to her, acting is never easy but to be able to pull it off so easily like how Sulli is doing, it’s quite admirable. For himself, however, Minho can’t really say much. He feels and knows he’s slacking and there’s so much more to do.

 

They left his parent’s house with promises of seeing each other again and Minho’s heart is filled to the brim. There was no really other way to say but other than it was and for that,  Minho was really thankful that the stars aligned for him tonight. As they were heading back home, the car ride was quieter than before but it was much more comfortable. The heavy tension that was once hanged above them is now lifted, though it still lingers just quite a bit.

 

There were things left unsaid between the two of them that both wanted to bring up and talk about. Though it seemed like neither of them knew how to bring it up. So the car ride was a lot quieter than usual. It wasn’t until they reached Sulli’s apartment when she asked Minho if she wants to up come for coffee or maybe tea. And what else will Minho do? Say no?

 

Accepting the invite, Sulli guided where Minho to park the car and in no time, they were inside the elevator onto the way to Sulli’s unit. The elevator was just like the car ride, quiet with lingering thoughts.

 

Minho wanted to talk to Sulli about what happened tonight and reevaluate a few things to fit certain ideals and plans they have for this whole fiasco they still have going on. It maybe slipping both of their minds that this — being lovey dovey with each other and being ‘together’ — is indeed still all fake and pretense but the case still stands. After one year, they will break all of of this off. Minho gets to keep his company and Sulli’s company will receive her part of their deal.

 

For Sulli, she wanted to talk to Minho about the sinking feeling in her chest; wanting to ask him after today’s revelation if he feels it too. After meeting his parents, practically his whole family, she doesn’t know what to feel anymore. They were all such sweet and caring people that it breaks her heart knowing that what they — Minho and her — have is nothing but lies. She’s — they’re hurting innocent people for their own benefit and Sulli doesn’t know how to feel anymore.

 

Sulli punches in her code and in just a couple of seconds, her door clicks open to which she opens, stepping in with Minho following closely behind her. This is the first time that she has ever really invited a guy over so it was unfamiliar terrain but they aren’t going to do anything explicit anyways, right? Sulli brushes that thought away and tells Minho to sit on the couch as she heads to the kitchen and brews something up for the both of them

 

While waiting for Sulli to return, Minho awkwardly sits on the cushioned chair. Suddenly he doesn’t know what do with his hands or where do even put it so in much deliberation with himself, he just folds them and places them on his knees. Minho takes the time to look around at the place as far as his eyes can see; it was rather spacious and quite luxurious though Minho didn’t expect less coming from a well known CEO.

 

It was cutely decorated and Minho smiles a little bit as he takes it all in as he thinks to himself that what he’s seeing definitely screams Sulli and her aesthetics. It was clean and minimal but still very sophisticated and put too together. Before he could catch himself at the thought, Minho thinks of how would it be like living together, to have their different styles clash together. To be in an enclosed in one space and call it their home.

 

It was then that at the thought of ‘Home’, did Minho really come to think of how he would easily find a home in Sulli. Maybe he already has found one in her but he doesn’t want to get carried away with such a thought because after all, they’re just acquaintances, business partners you could say. Minho brushes the thought away and decides  to not further indulge himself in such thought. He really shouldn’t but the hearts wants what it wants right?

 

Moments after, Sulli comes back in the living room with a tray of tea and a small assortments of crackers and finger snacks. It felt oddly domestic to Minho as he recalls his mom doing the same for his dad after a long tiring day at work; though he can’t really complain because he loves being treated like this

 

“Oh I didn’t know we were gonna have a tea party tonight as well, I should have worn my best suit if you said so” Minho says, his voice filled with tease. Sulli placed the tray down on the small coffee table in front of them but her eye roll didn’t escape from his view which made the both of them laugh softly. As Sulli takes a sit, she mumbles a teasing, “shut up and just enjoy it” that rings through Minho’s ears.

 

“Well it’s nothing fancy, it’s just jasmine tea. But it enjoy it nonetheless.” says Sulli, handing over the cup of freshly brewed tea to Minho. He accepts the cup and drinks from it gently.

 

“Thanks babe. It’s not too bad. I like anything that’s coming from you” Of course Sulli’s cheek began to color a soft shade of pink. Realizing what he just said, Minho eyes widen a bit but shyly smiles into his cup. God, did he really just tried to flirt? At that moment, Minho was mentally face palming himself but at least it got Sulli flustered if by the color of her cheeks tell him otherwise.

 

Minho clears his throat, trying to move onto bigger things. Sulli seemed to get the memo and straightened out herself. It got a little awkward for a moment but they were slowly easing back into things.

 

“So hey, I kind of want to talk to you about a few things actually.” Minho starts out, Sulli doesn’t say anything but gestures him to continue. He takes in a deep breath and begins to lay it all out on the table

 

“Tonight was a success, don’t you think? It went off without a big of a hitch and my parents didn’t think of anything less of it. So that’s good and... like how do I put this...what if moved our fake engagement a little sooner?”

 

“You know, the sooner it is, the earlier the one year comes and we can finally get what we are here for right?” He didn’t mean to sound like an or someone who’s just out for his own benefit (though technically that’s what he is here for) but it’s true though; since day one it was meant to be like this. Even if feelings were to come in between, what they agreed to in the beginning was set in stone. They had a plan to fulfill, a whole scheme to play out and tonight just accelerated that idea.

 

Sulli felt a bit lost and disoriented with what just slipped out of Minho’s mouth. Though it began to dawn on her that indeed this is all a scheme and they bargained their ends for what they want. But why does Sulli feel unhappy with the thought of this ending? Shouldn’t she be feeling thrilled to have this being brought up again?

 

But there’s fuzzy feeling in her chest, a voice in her mind that’s keeping her from that. Over the past couple of weeks, months even, Sulli has really grown to like Minho  in a more romantic way but of course, she wasn’t taking action with her feelings so her feelings are being left in the dark and stored away.

 

“No...yeah, you’re right. We should end this quicker, no?” As those words come right out , the same sinking feeling in her chest and rather in her heart began to appear again. God, did she really say those words? Does she even want this to end? Did she mean her words?

Minho fidgets in his seat a little before placing the cup in his hands down on the table, and looks at Sulli with wavering eyes. This is also a great time to bring up her end of the deal and what she gets out of it so that’s what he does. He brings up the merger that was bound to happen with their respective companies.

 

Truthfully, in the midst of all this,  Sulli forgot that she had agreed on doing this merger to help sustain the accountability and future of her company. She wasn’t gonna lie and make up an excuse but she was so caught up with all this - meeting his parents - that the thought of the merger got stored so deep in her mind.

 

“I have everything basically ready. It just needs a few tweaks but other than that, everything is set. My secretary can send over the documents to you  that outlines what is going to happen but there’s also certain sections that goes in depth. What do you think?” Minho inquires, snapping Sulli out of her reverie.

 

“That’s great, send it over and I’ll have Yeri give it to me. I’ll look over it and we’ll get started on it soon then. When do you think should we announce it?” Sulli suggests

 

“I was thinking of maybe in three weeks to a month at least? You’ll have time to look over it and have your board look over it as well. Get their opinion and if we need to fix things with them in consideration then we’ll go ahead.”

 

“So shouldn’t we prioritize this first before the engagement? Maybe we need to push back the engagement rather move it forward. So that this way, we’re not rushing into things and we could have a better transition into it. Don’t you think it will look sketchy that we have our engagement first and then the merger? Then it will look like a publicity stunt and that I’m out for your company.” Sulli explains, though she might have hit some finer details, deep inside of her kind of did this to spend more time with Minho.

 

“If you put it that way, then yeah. You’re right. It would look too abrupt to announce an engagement and then a couple of weeks later, the merger is announced. It’s not a good image on the both of us. Plus, this gives us more time to plan out the engagement too.” Minho returns, his voice sounding serious, brows furrowing and Sulli swore to anything almighty that all she wanted to do was kiss him right there because wow, he kinda looks hot like that

 

“Good, I want your proposal to me to be grand anyways” Sulli doesn’t know what has come to her but that came out and she doesn’t know how to react to it. It did light up things, however, garnering a rich laughter from Minho.

 

“You just want others to be jealous of you, huh? That this young and hot bachelor is already taken.” Minho teases back, still laughing though he’s smirking also. Sulli rolls her eyes but does laugh anyways, even throwing a cushioned pillow towards his way.

 

“Maybe I do. Is that wrong?”

 

“No, I kind of like it.”

 

Sulli is again profusely blushing again and she swears that no matter where they are, what they are talking about, Minho will always find a way to make her blush. It was in this moments does it feel candid and real. It was in their teasing that made them sound and look like a real couple and maybe both of them felt that.

 

Things quieted down between them again but tension rose - whether it was on just tension in general - but it was clearly present. Minho moves closer to Sulli to which she doesn’t back away from. The closer they were getting to each other, the room begins to feel hotter.

 

Maybe it was hanging above them but Minho was sure on one thing.

 

“Can I kiss you?”


 

 


 

 

a/n: lmaooo this chapter is so all over the place but I’ll leave it to your judgement! Oh and i was meant to update yesterday but things got in the way but i still  really wanted to do an update so hopefully this makes up for it. But other than that, hoped you enjoyed and tell me your thoughts below!! I would love to know your thoughts!

 

Thank you!

 

**as for the title change, i think i’ll keep it as it as for now and maybe change it sometime.