TWENTY-ONE

The Impossible | CLOSED.

 

 Please read the end note! 

                                                               (***)

“You know you’re at fault too, right? Don’t put all the blame on Minho — you have as much fault as he does. More than anything, you have to understand where he is coming from.”

 

Krystal’s voice resonates through the room —  it was quiet for the most part, the only sound was coming from the tv but no one was really paying attention to it anymore. It was reaching two in the morning and yet the girls were sitting atop on Sulli’s couch, eating ice cream and talking about what happened earlier in the night. In need of her best friend’s comfort, Sulli called up Krystal and without hesitation, she came as soon as she possibly can bringing a tub of ice cream with her.

 

Sulli explained to her what happened — from the beginning to where it all started and how it all ended. After hearing and processing everything, Krystal finally spoke up. Sulli’s reaction was quite the mix of all things. She stayed quiet as Krystal continued to say more.  

 

“I mean, wouldn’t you be the same when you see him being touchy and oddly close with another woman? How would that make you feel? I honestly get why Minho was acting the way he did. More than anything, he had quite the right to be like that.”

 

“Don’t get me wrong though, he could have approached it a little better but his mind was clouded with so many thoughts. And you lashed out on him which you’re not also wrong but you were also very inconsiderate of his feelings.”

 

“You let your anger take over you without seeing the whole picture. Just because he was like that doesn’t take away the fact that he was saying those things because he was hurt more than anything.”

 

“Sure, his jealousy was quite overwhelming but can you blame him? Here he sees his girlfriend being so touchy and just being close with another dude muchless a stranger to him, won’t that affect him negatively? What else would he think? If you were in his place, wouldn’t you be the same?”

 

Sulli listened carefully to every word that Krystal has to say — which all were valid and true. Every part sits with Sulli in a way that lets her reflect on her mistakes and how she could ( both could ) fix it and learn from it. She also realizes that communication lacked on both their parts and this was the result of it.

 

It wouldn’t have been this big of a fight, if they were to talk to each other in a way that wasn’t attacking one another.

 

“I messed up quite bad, huh?” Sulli says, her voice coming smaller. Krystal only gives a sympathetic look. Sulli looks down, sighing.

 

“But that doesn’t mean you should blame yourself too much. You’re both at fault, you a little more, maybe, but don’t guilt yourself over it too much. This can be fixed, if you just talk to him nicely. Be considerate and understanding of his reasonings. Just talk to each other. Explain your sides — both of yours and be mature about it all. Okay?” Krystal says after another moment of silence.

 

“Yeah, I’ll call him first thing tomorrow.” Sulli sighs, finally coming to a decision.

 

“Good, he deserves it” Krystal smiles, her best friend only nodding along.

 

“I know.”


 

 


 

 

Morning came in its usual form - the blinding yet warm sun peeking through the curtains, filtering throughout the room once again. The only difference this time around though is how lonely and empty the bed feels underneath his touch. Minho turns on his side and frowns at the sight of the untouched sheets. He sighs, turning so he’s laying on his back, his brows began furrow down the middle of his forehead and following suit, his hands rub against his face.

 

And then there it was— the impending hangover that Minho had been dreading. His head throbbing profusely against its walls, aching for some sort of relief. As much as he has a high tolerance for alcohol, the hangovers that follow usually weakens him — numbs him almost. After what happened last night, Minho thinks to himself that he kind of deserved it for being a jerk to Sulli. He had got a bit carried away and he definitely knew better than to act the way he did but what has said has been said and what has done has been done.

 

As much as Minho wants to rewind things and have things end a little differently, there’s no possible way of doing just that. The only thing that they can really do is to talk about it — have him explain himself for his actions and resolve the problem.

 

As if on cue, his phone starts ringing on his night stand. The morning sun is already out, shining throughout the room and letting know if its presence. He groans a little bit as it was hitting his face but he thinks it’s just its way of letting him know. Moving across the bed, Minho got his phone and looked at who is calling.

 

It was Sulli.

 

Her contact photo — her pouting cutely with her cute braids covers the screen of his phone and Minho lets out a sigh, thinking of the day this was taken. His chest suddenly fills of longing — wanting to go back on that day.

 

“Hello?” Minho says, he’s sure his voice is still very raspy as it was just the first time he is using it again. It took a moment for Sulli to answer — maybe thirty seconds to a minute silent before he hears the soft almost a whisper response from the latter. Once he hears her voice through the speaker, he sits up on the bed.

 

“Hi.” Minho feels his breath hitch just at the sound. He smiles to himself a little albeit his head pounding hard  as ever but his chest fills with a bit longing and some sort of delight as he hears her voice. He clears his throat and begins to open his mouth to say another response — but as he does Minho suddenly doesn’t know what words to say? What words do you even say after having such a fight with your significant other and not talking for the whole night? Good morning? How are you?

 

Luckily, Sulli speaks up again, her voice still as soft but it wasn’t as soft where it can pass as a whisper. “Uhhh..did you sleep well?”

 

Her voice wavered a bit, stammering a little with her words and honestly, Minho still found that a little cute. He imagines her face to scrunched up, a bit hesitant and maybe a pout forming on her face. Minho smiles at the thought.

 

“Hmm. Could’ve been better but it’s okay...what about you?”

 

“Oh...uhh...it could have been better too. Krystal slept over and all...She’s cooking something right now..for breakfast.”

 

“Oh...that’s nice” Minho says, groaning internally. The awkwardness of the situation finally settling on the both of them. The added silence only pierced — hurts more than anything. It was absolute radio silence between them for a moment before Sulli spoke up again.

 

“So...about what happened last night...can we talk about it?” Ah, there it was the bomb has been dropped. Minho expected that the direction of this conversation was going to lead to that very topic. It was inevitable really — they were bound to talk about it soon enough. Minho is quite thankfully that it’s not being dragged out for too long and that Sulli reached out the morning after as Minho was thinking about doing the same.

 

“Oh...yeah. Sure, when do you want to? Now? On phone? Or —”

 

“No — not on the phone, please. I think it’s best if we were facing each other, right? We have a lot to talk about and there’s certain things I have to confess too. So is 12pm okay for you?” Minho lets out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding before he lets out his own response.

 

“I’ll...uhh..see you at 12 then. Do you want me to pick you up and we can go somewhere private?”

 

“Yeah, that’d be great.”

 

Besides saying their goodbyes, that was the end of their conversation. By then, Minho plopped back down on the bed and sighed once again. It was nearing nine thirty and he thinks he should finally get up — take painkillers for his headache and get ready for the day.

 

 


 

 

As Sulli hanged up and looked away from her phone, it was to see Krystal standing by her bedroom door, with small yet oddly creepy smile on her lips. Sulli removed the covers from her legs and walked over to her best friend

 

“What’s with that smile?” Sulli inquires, stopping for a brief moment as she waits for a response but none came so she walks past the door and into the hallway, making way towards the bathroom. Krystal follows right behind her, the smile still plastered on her face, never really fading away. Even when Sulli looked up after washing her face, it was the same sight as before.

 

“Okay, don’t be a creep now. Why are you smiling like that?” Sulli says, her voice obviously teasing. She wipes her face dry with towel and finally, Krystal answers her.

 

“Noting in particular, I just know today’s gonna be a good day for the both us.”

 

Sulli eyes her suspiciously, squinting her eyes just slightly as she says, “Okay? That’s a bit weird...but if you say so.”

 

Krystal lets out a sound — a bit teasing and can maybe even pass as snort of some sort, “You’ll be back in your baby’s arms, don’t worry. I have faith in you both”

 

Sulli playfully rolls her eyes, walking out of the bathroom and into the living room. As she continues to walk, she says, with Krystal right behind her back, “I hope so but come on, let’s eat first and we’ll talk about that more later.”

 

And so, breakfast went about like usual when they were together — chatty and loud as they were catching up with each other. The food that Krystal made was quite impressive if Sulli could say so herself.

 

When it got quiet between the two, sudden bursts of doubts and insecurities filtrate Sulli’s mind to which Krystal notices and pokes about.

 

“Stop that.”

 

“Stop what?”

 

“You’re thinking”

 

“Okay? And that’s a bad thing because?”

 

“Ssul, you’re talk with Minho is going to be fine. We’ve talked about this, didn't we? Don’t do this yourself”

 

Sulli puts down her chopsticks and sighs, “I feel like I’ll mess it up more. Once I get to tell my side, I feel like I’m gonna somehow the situation more.”

 

Krystal shakes her head, scoffing, “Okay — that is not we’re going to do. You’re going into this talk positive and hope for only the best. All that negative thinking, put it all away. It won’t help you. I’m sure Minho will hear you out and be understanding. He’s sober now, so his judgement and thinking is a lot better than last night”

 

“You’re right.”

 

“I know, I’m always right.”


 

 


 

 

12pm.

 

I’m on the way. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.

 

After sending that message, Minho pulls out of the parking structure of his apartment and heads out, finally on his way to pick Sulli up for their much needed talk. As he drove, his heart began to race fast against his chest and his jitters start coming.

 

He’s getting nervous.

 

The drive to Sulli’s apartment isn’t long per se but with the traffic lights and all, it can take some time for him to get there. Usually, he gets impatient and wants to get there as soon as possible — though now, at this very moment, he’s thankful for the small slot of time he has before he has to face her again.

 

It wasn’t that he’s scared to face the truth or anything like that, more than anything, he’s happy that they’re resolving this sooner rather than later but it’s just already having a sense of how awkward and tense  it will be for them to be in the same place again. Last night was hard to say the least – harsh words were thrown, mistakes from both their sides were made – but he’s hopeful that the outcome of this will be better.

 

Minho takes in a deep breath, letting the soft music playing from the radio, calm his nerves and beating heart.

 

It’s going to okay.

 

It’s going to be okay.

 

It’s going to be okay.

 

 

 


 


 

A/N: Hello….so I have a few things I want to talk about and i think it’s quite important because i believe that it will determine how the future chapters and such will go. But before that, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been commenting – especially with the previous chapter, it really brought attention to me and how I can better my writing. Y’all had really good points that I failed to see so thank you for that! Though, that takes me to this new chapter. I honestly feel like it’s very lacking and quite vague? idk if vague is the right word for it but I really do think that this chapter is lacking quite a lot. For one, we haven’t even reached the part where they finally talked and have things sorted but this is a start of it somehow. My writer’s block takes half the blame and the other half, is me personally. With my writer’s block, my motivation to write is really low and when I do try to write, it’s just not coming out how I want it to. I try to update as often as I could but it’s getting harder. Speaking of which, I decided to release this despite me not being satisfied with it because I want to release something before school started for me again. That leads me to my next point which is since it’s Sunday for me right now, I start school again tomorrow and my schedule for this new semester is a lot more hectic than the previous. So updates will vary and depend on how busy I am. Though, I will try my best to update a little bit sooner. It’s what, you the readers, deserve. For staying despite everything I have been slacking on.  

 

I hope with the future updates, it will be better than before but we’ll see. haha. Thank you for still continuing to read this despite everything. I appreciate all the comments I receive! You guys make writing a little more bearable with your comments, so thank you. ily.

 

As always, I still hope that you enjoyed reading! Thank you!!