SEVEN

The Impossible | CLOSED.

After what happened today with Krystal, Sulli notices that they really don’t have set story that they will stick to if they are ever asked about how their love story came to be and all those other questions people like to ask whenever someone they know gets into a newly founded relationship. Sulli wonders, as she waits for Minho to arrive, about what kind of fantasy they will have to create to make those they want to trick believe that what they have is nothing but the truth. Though each time Sulli lies, she feels like she’s getting closer to hell for sinning and it pains her so much that those she loves will be deeply affected by what she is doing. She’s also quite curious to know how far Minho is going to take this because she knows that if they drag this out long enough, those feelings she had for Minho back in high school will slowly come back and Sulli really doesn’t want that right now.

 

Maybe that’s why she’s wary of this whole fake relationship that she has going on with Minho because of the fear of it ever becoming real and one sided. Because once it’s real, the fake and pretense becomes a blurred line which then give high and potentially false hope along with the expectation of it being actually true with real feelings and real intentions.

 

Breaking out of her trance, she sees Minho approaching her and suddenly she feels her heart racing out of her chest. Sulli doesn’t really know why she suddenly feels nervous meeting him again as if she hasn’t been doing that these past few weeks but her heart still becomes restless. It’s just a regular meeting like any other times they have met but it suddenly felt strange. Maybe it could be her realization of her crush back then or maybe it’s simply that she’s still getting used to it but her heart can’t stop beating so fast no matter how much she tries calming in down.

 

As Minho comes closer to view, his radiant smile is all Sulli could focus on and with in the matter of the moment, all she feels is warmth taking over her body. She feels her cheeks slowly becoming hot as she tries her hardest to keep it down before she explodes into a blushing mess. It made Sulli wonder just how many girls has seen a smile from Minho that was only meant for that one person. Because if he did keep a smile that’s  only met for that one person, she’s sure that she can’t be the only one feeling this way. Right?

 

“Hey, what is it did you want to talk about?” Minho draws up as he’s finally in close proximity of her. Sulli doesn’t know why but she feels her breath becoming a little hitched and feels like there’s hardly any oxygen in her lungs for her to be able to speak again. Hoping that he won’t catch on to a small crisis she is having, Sulli tries to be stable again though her heart is absolutely pounding against her chest.

 

“Uh, Krystal confronted me today. About our relationship actually. And I was thinking that we’ve never really come up with a story we’ll tell if we ever asked about how we got together. I’m sure if Krystal stuck around a little longer, she’ll be bombarding me with questions. I just want to be prepared. You know?” Finally finding her voice, Sulli spoke up about what she initially came here for. Sulli wasn’t sure if she can read what Minho’s reaction is like because it all seemed to blurred and all mixed into one. Minho then sighs and scoots his chair closer to the table and proceeds to talk, voicing out his suggestion.

 

“Oh. Well i was thinking about it too and I think it’s best if we tell a story that’s similar to how we actually met with me proposing this absurd idea to you. Don’t you think if we choose to stick a bit closer to the truth just for this time? At least this way, we aren’t really lying, we’re more of like moving a few things around and possibly adding new things?” Minho suggests, Sulli can’t help herself but scoff just a tiny bit. She finds it kind of humoring that Minho wants to be actually somewhat genuine with this one. Though she has to admit and she can’t really lie to herself but she thinks it’s not a bad idea. It’s not like they’re straying away from the truth altogether, they’re just modifying a few things.

 

Minho then raises a brow, looking at her a bit confused. Had she not like the idea? Why is that she looks like she’s kind of laughing at the idea? These sort of questions run freely in Minho’s mind, hoping that they’ll catch onto answers soon. Upon seeing the raised brow and the quizzical look on Minho’s face, Sulli tries to not be affected by how dangerously good he looks. She tells herself now is not the time or in that matter of fact, ever. She can’t let herself be doing this.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“No, there’s nothing wrong. I think that’s a good idea that we can act on. I just find a bit funny how there’s actually some truth within all these lies were fabricating.” Sulli explains wholeheartedly to which she stands behind. Now, however, it makes Sulli wonder just exactly what truth or at least something similar to it are they gonna use to make their love story be as it is today. Just exactly what does Minho mean when he said they should add in how they actually met and add a few things while taking some things out. Sulli’s sure that their ideas of first meeting is different from each other and that is a given or at least that’s what she thinks.

 

“So what is our burning love story then? How did we met and how did we end up here?”

 

“This might be every cliche out there but didn’t we first meet when you were in your sophomore year and I was already a senior right? What if we say met during the summer of your sophomore year and just, i don’t know, sparks flew between us.” MInho suggests to which Sulli finds herself suppressing a giggle because she didn’t really think that he would remember when they met and now she finds a bit cute and a little charming that he does actually remember or at least a part of it.

 

The way Sulli remembers their first official meeting was actually through Krystal. It was during the summer of her sophomore year, right before she entered her junior year where she met Minho and ultimately it was the beginning of her harboring crush over the older boy. Amongst the both of them, Krystal was more of the social butterfly while Sulli was being more reserved, and because of that Krystal just happened to be friends with a lot of people and invited to parties. Krystal would occasionally go to the parties she was invited to with Taemin, who was at the time, the dance captain of the dance club at their high school. Taemin was like the protective older brother to both Krystal and Sulli, taking his brotherly duties seriously. It felt endearing. Though now, with Taemin being a successful and well known artist, it’s been quite some time since all three of them hanged out like the good ol’ days; Sulli misses those days.

 

Thus, it was through the persuasion of Krystal and Taemin that Sulli made her join the two as they kept on telling her that she should at least have gone to one party with them before calling it quits altogether. Sulli was never much of a party goer, she was really focused on her studies as she had goals she wants to accomplish but she thought maybe this one time, she could loosen up. So she found herself being surrounded by people she knew in school as well as people she has never met before; varying on how drunk or high they were. How she really met Minho was through the introduction of Krystal after a couple hours being at the party with Krystal basically running to her as she wanted introduce him to her. Sulli remembers that is hardly no physical change in Minho from back then to now; he’s still very much tall and toned, though he;s a bit more broader now.

 

Though their interaction was quite short, Sulli did ,however, see more of Minho around campus when summer ended. But it wasn’t like how Sulli imagined it to be like, not necessarily. During the party, after they have gotten introduced to each other, they hang around each other for a bit and even talked for a good 30 minutes before Sulli was being pulled out by Krystal. Maybe it was the drink she was drinking or what but Sulli felt a little more intoxicated in Minho more than anything. So it took her by surprise when Minho seemed like he doesn’t remember when approached him at one point. It was disheartening but that didn’t really stop Sulli from pining.

 

She remembered Krystal talking to her about setting them up as she can have Taemin tag along too because the two of them were pretty close with each other but Sulli would always say no. As much as she had burning feelings for him, she doesn’t want it to be forced. Taking in consideration what is happening now and what she thought backed then, she finds it funny how the tables have turned.

 

“That’s so unbelievable. You can’t say ‘sparks fly’ nowadays. This isn’t a some movie or book, it’s all real and not fictional. You said we have to be realistic and close to the truth, Minho. ” Sulli laughs at this because at this point, she thinks it’s deserves a laugh. Minho cracks into a small smile, even garnering a small chuckle as he shakes his head

 

“Don’t you think it’s better if we say that we met during a summer where we were both a mutal friend’s party? Let’s say that we talked all night long, we clicked, exchanged numbers, and just become us. I think that’s better than saying we met and suddenly sparks fly. Don’t you think it’s nicer to hear a more detailed and thorough version?” Sulli suggests, though something in the back of her mind thinks that what she said was actually something she wanted to happen with the both of them but didn’t at all.

 

It’s funny how destiny or fate works sometimes. It works in ways that leads you back to each other somehow and in situations that seemed out of this world but you’re actually doing it anyways. Sulli doesn’t know if she should love how destiny brought them back together or despise it because of what happened in the past.

 

“Wow, i didn’t know my fake girlfriend soon to be fake fiancé is so smart. You amaze me on the daily, don't you know that?” Minho says, having a smile on his face that’s stretched from ear to ear. Sulli madly blushes at this and her heart may have also skipped a beat. God, she doesn’t know how she’ll survive this without catching any feelings because she knows she’s already in deep trouble.

 

“You don’t have to flatter me like that but thanks, I like hearing it. Boost my ego and praise me all you want, please” teasingly says Sulli which Minho barks out a laughter, though his face screams smugness

 

“Hm, didn’t think you’re the one to have a praise kink. I kinda like it.” Minho smirks, Sulli ultimately rolls her eyes before crumpling up tissue in front of her and throwing it at Minho to which he only could laugh at.

 

“Please, Mr. Choi. Don’t act like your innocent yourself. I bet you are drowning in kinks yourself” Minho laughs wholeheartedly to. His smirk hasn’t left his gorgeous face and it takes a lot in Sulli to keep her heart at a steady pace before she can feel herself have a heart attack

 

“You’re right, would you like to know what they are?” turning into  a blushing mess and probably looking like a tomato by now, Sulli could only can herself. Dear god, just how in the world, will she survive this exactly.

 

You can’t betray me like this, heart. I trust you, don’t fail me.

 

“Too far?”

 

“No, it’s fine. It’s just h-hot in here?”

 

“Are you sure you didn’t get ?”

 

“Minho, please shut up.”

 

“As you wish, my lady.”

 

a/n: I had bit of a writer’s block while writing this chapter not gonna lie but I hope it all makes sense!