TWENTY-FOUR

The Impossible | CLOSED.

I love you.

 

Saying those three words is a game changer, Minho thinks. Weeks have passed ever since those words were exchanged and there’s now a  noticeable change in their dynamic. All of which, of course, is positive and welcomed.

 

It almost feels like saying those three words is a metaphoric ticket to freedom - a freedom which they both felt more open with each other. It goes quite more deeper, hits below the surface of it all. It’s now more about their trust and commitment to each other but also to the relationship they’re constantly building together.

 

Minho thinks that loving Sulli - giving her all the love and care that he possibly can give - and for it to be reciprocated just as much is quite the euphoric feeling to him. Being able to give love and to be loved just as much is something that leaves Minho reaching - striving for more to become better.

 

“I love you”, says Minho, with those words slipping out of his mouth, he feels his stomach fill up with butterflies. Still, as if he was back to his teenage years, he feels more nervous - giddy at that. Though as it still gives him jitters, he welcomes it very much.

 

Sunlight then began to filter through the curtains as if the universe knows how much light saying those words to each other mean. Dawn had just passed - the morning is setting in now and the world feels right once more.

 

Minho’s hand softly brushes away the hair covering Sulli’s face, a small smile dancing on his lips and closely, being ever so gentle he leans in and presses a chaste kiss onto her lips.

 

She smiles.

 

“I love you too.” Sulli responds, still quite sleepy  just as Minho’s heart began to fill up once more with utter adoration and love.

 

Lately, these moments - where the world is half awake and a new start of the day begins for them, Minho finds it his favorite. Maybe it was the sappy romantic side of him but waking up and seeing Sulli basking in the morning glory it calms him but somehow it also brings him excitement.

 

This morning like any other is exactly just that. It’s as calming as it is also exciting. But then again, maybe it also had to do with last night’s happenings. Recalling the hot, sweaty yet sweet love making, Minho’s smile grows bigger.

 

He feels triumphant - victorious of what happened last night and most likely like any other night just the same. Hearing the pleasured sounds coming from Sulli - her moans, her gasps, her mewls, her everything - is something that has always makes Minho pumping with adrenaline.

 

It’s as if he has reached the top of the highest mountain or rode the biggest rollercoaster and  the high of accomplishing it makes him feel good because he was the one and only one to give such pleasure to her.

 

Though as much as he loved giving her as such and hearing such sounds, this moment - this moment where it’s the morning after with the two of them laying together, basking in the morning sun, saying sweet nothings - the i love you’s is one of the things Minho truly loves doing.

 

It’s something that he wouldn’t trade anything for in the world.

 

Their bed is their safe haven and nothing can get in the way of that.

 

Not then. Not now. Not ever.  

 

 


 

 

It’s well into their work day now.

 

Both being busy per usual - going to meetings, talking with investors, members of the board and potential clients , signing and going over important documents and such - it’s a repeating process that either has grown accustomed to.

 

For Sulli, being busy means that she is doing her job well and that the company she built is striving prosperously. Even now with the merger of her and Minho’s company, it’s still busy as ever but call her crazy, she loves it regardless.

 

Sulli lives for the work - this has always been something she imagined countless times before and it truly gives her joy as much as it also gives her stress. And as she had been taught, hard work pay offs to those who put the effort.

 

Over the years, Sulli has grown some immunity to the stress of her work load - she has learned how to handle it pretty as she knows what’s her limit. It got better with the years and now especially, with Minho by her side, it’s been the easiest.

 

Though, she has to admit, his encouraging words and cute selfies that he sends every now and then with the free time he has, is probably the main reason why the stress of it all became easier to manage.

 

Ding!

 

Hearing the familiar sound of her phone, letting her know she has a notification, Sulli smiles to herself as she wraps up what she’s doing before checking who it is. She already knows it’s Minho but the anticipation of not knowing what he sent excites her.

 

From: My Love <3

 

[ photo attachment ]

 

Just a few more hours, baby.

And then I get to see you again.

Fighting!

 

Sulli was thankful that she was alone in her office because if there was someone else in the room with her, she doesn’t know how she was going to contain the giggle that came out of her. Maybe if it was with Yeri, she wouldn’t mind but still the point stands.

 

For a good moment, Sulli clutched the phone to her chest, doing a little bit of a dance while smiling so wide.

 

Just how did I get so lucky?

 

Composing herself once more, she took a selfie with the same pose as Minho before sending it.

 

To: My Love <3

 

[ photo attachment ]

 

Already counting down the hours.

I’ll see you soon, baby.

Fighting!!

 

Along with an abundance of heart and kissy face emojis, Sulli hit sent and proceeded to work again but not before looking at the newly sent selfie of Minho - giving her energy to power through the rest of the day.

 

———

 

As five o’clock rolled around, everyone was beginning to leave for the day. Per usual, Sulli was the last one to leave. It was mainly due to how she wanted to finish as much of her work for the day as possible and not stress about it more than she really should  the following day - trying to catch up with what’s unfinished as the newly added work.

 

“I’m leaving now, Ms. Sulli”

 

Yeri’s cheery voice breaks through Sulli’s concentration of the documents in front of her and looks up to see the latter standing by the door - smiling and all.

 

Sulli shoots her back a smile and proceeds on saying, “Have a good rest of the day, Yeri. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Yeri bows, saying, “thank you for your hard work today, Ms. Sulli. I’ll see you again tomorrow.”

 

Sulli laughs a little, finding her cute. “Alright, thank you to you too.”

 

With one final bow, Yeri quietly shuts the door as Sulli finishes up the last of her work. Moments later, the same familiar ding of her phone alerts her and of course it was Minho, texting her if she’s done for the day.

 

To: My Love <3

 

Just finishing up a few more documents.

I’ll be done in about 20 minutes?

 

From: My Love <3

 

Perfect, I’m on my way.

I’ll wait for you.

I have a surprise for you

(:

 

Sulli stares at the text for a little while longer, thinking of what his surprise could be. Lately, Minho has been giving her surprises - spontaneous dates, little gifts, all ranging of all sorts. Coming up of a reply - another surprise? What is it ? - Sulli sends it before she goes back to work again and finishing up before Minho arrives.

 

A few beats pass and Sulli hears the familiar sound again.

 

It was Minho’s reply - a cheeky one at that and she can’t help but let out a small laugh.

 

From My Love <3

 

It’s a surprise, baby. (;

I’ll see you soon.

Going to drive now.

 

 


 

 

Minho loves surprises.

 

At least when he is the one giving it though other than that, he appreciates the gesture but being the one who’s being surprised isn’t really something he personally likes for himself.

 

The look on their faces while being surprised and their face turn into a mixture of shock and happiness is something Minho loves seeing. The look of unexpecting what’s going to happen – that’s what he loves seeing.

 

Surprising people goes as far as he knows.

 

A clear memory of his first surprise had been for his mom which had been when he was seven years old and tried to bake a cake for her birthday. Needless to say, he needed help in the end but the look on his mom’s face when she walked into the kitchen and saw him covered in flours was something that he won’t ever forget.

 

Of course, he didn’t miss a beat when it comes to surprising Sulli. As of late, he’s been surprising her with different things and for today, it isn’t any different.

 

He had it all planned out. It was going to be good and hopefully, she’ll like it.

 

“The park? I thought we were going to a restaurant.” Sulli inquires as they pull up to a park. Minho just sheepishly smiles as he puts the car in park. Sulli was a bit confused, Minho had told her that they were going to eat a restaurant that he had reservations for. So pulling up to a park was definitely something she didn’t expect.

 

“Welcome to your first surprise. Would you like to go on an afternoon picnic with me?” Minho says, still smiling sheepishly now as he is turned to face Sulli. The latter returns the smile, saying, “I’d love to.”

 

“Great. Stay here and let me open the door for you.”

 

Minho gets out of the car first and does indeed open the door for Sulli. Of course with not forgetting to kiss the back of her hand to which she just giggles at. After she gets out of the car, Minho goes back to the trunk of the car and opens it, pulling out the picnic basket he has prepared himself and a couple of blankets.

 

Walking hand in hand, they look for a spot on the grass to sit at. The weather was nice and there was still a good amount of sunlight before darkness completely takes over for the night. It was quite the perfect day to relax after being at work.

 

Finding a perfect spot, Sulli helped with laying down the blankets and Minho taking out the food as the blanket was completely laid down on the ground.

 

“You made all of this?” Sulli asks as Minho takes out the food one by one. There were different types of sandwiches, a salad and a few chips and drinks. It wasn’t really much but it was something and Minho was proud of it.

 

“Well..most of it, yeah. The sandwiches mostly.” he replies quite shyly but Sulli finds it cute. Minho didn’t expect the kiss on his cheek but loves it anyways

 

“This is nice. Thank you.”

 

Sulli’s eyes crinkled as she smiled and Minho swears that he felt his breath hitch just at the sight. Cheesy but he’s absolutely whipped for Sulli and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

“You’re welcome, baby. But this isn’t my only surprise.”

 

Sulli gives him a look but he can only shrug and sheepishly at her.

 

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fun. Trust me, yeah?”

 

Sulli smiles again, “Always.”


 

 


 

 

The rest of the picnic went great. Sulli was happy with Minho’s surprise. It was a little different from the other times they had went on a picnic at the top of their little own place but nonetheless, she loved the sandwiches that Minho prepared and his company overall.

 

Most of the food is finished by with the sun is setting just in time. There was a light breeze though Sulli felt warm as she was cuddled up with Minho. Though they were still wearing they work clothes – Sulli in a fitted dress with Minho in his suit – it still felt nice regardless. The blankets that Minho has brought along was nice to keep her legs warm while he gave her his jacket.

 

It had been quiet for some time, Minho gently playing with a few strands of her hair as Sulli was looking out into the sunset. The pretty shades of orange, pink, yellow and red colored the sky and it made Sulli happy.

 

As they were cuddling silence, Sulli thought of wanting to take a picture of the sunset to commemorate the day. The sunset was too beautiful to not take a picture of and Sulli absolutely loves the sunsets.

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

 

Minho lets out a quiet hum before saying, “The sunset or you?”

 

Sulli playfully rolls her eyes, getting up from where she lay on his chest, and gently hit him on his shoulder. Minho lets out a laugh.

 

“Can you stop being a sap? It’s getting too much”

 

Minho chuckles, “You love it though.”

 

Sulli shakes her head, playfully scoffing as she replies, “I don’t know about now though. I’m kinda of getting of sick it.”

 

Minho then pouts cutely and it takes all the fibers in Sulli’s body to not coo. Though, the urge is so strong but decided to just stick on pinching his cheeks.

 

“You’re cute.”

 

“And you love me anyways.”

 

Sulli breaks out into another smile, “Yeah, I guess I do.”

 

“Good, because I love you no matter what.”

 

The way Sulli feels her eyes start to tear, it was yet another proclamation of his love for her but somehow each time he says the three words, Sulli feels more emotional. She still has the voice in her head telling her that he doesn’t love her  albeit how small it is now but it was still there. Though, each time Minho would say I love you, the more Sulli thinks she’s deserving of it.

 

It’s a growing and learning process but Sulli doesn’t mind it one bit.

 

“I love you too.”

 

The smile that Minho lets out makes his crinkle at the edges and Sulli wants to keep it that way for a long time. She plans on doing just that – making Minho happy just as much as he is making her happy too.

 

Sulli leans in just enough to press their lips together and the gesture brought a bigger smile onto Minho’s face.

 

“Can I take you a photo?”

 

“Me?”

 

Sulli nods, taking out her phone and opening the camera. It didn’t take long for Minho to crack a smile and it was then Sulli pressed the shutter button. A moment she wouldn’t trade for anything.

 

“Cute.”

 

Sulli then shows the photo Minho, smiling as she does. The photo she took was purely everything she ever wanted. The way the sunset hits Minho, he looked heavenly.

 

“Take one of us.”

 

Sulli then moves where she is sitting next to Minho, fixing her position before pulling her phone up once more. A few shots were taken along with different poses and as they looked over it, they both laughed.

 

“This is my favorite.”

 

It was a photo where Sulli leaned her head onto Minho’s shoulders as they both were happily smiling at the camera.

 

“You’re such a sap.”

 

“I know but you wouldn’t have it any other way.”

 

”You’re right. I wouldn’t.”


 

 


 

 

Once the sun had fully set, the two had began to pack up their things and they headed onto the next surprise. Minho for the most part didn’t say much as Sulli kept on asking – only giving her shrugs and sly smiles.

 

“Actually, for this surprise, you might want to change clothes.”

 

Sulli was confused though didn’t complain. She really needed an outfit change, this dress is getting to stuffy for her. Minho then drives them back to Sulli’s apartment so that she can change.

 

There seems to be unsettled thing about their respective apartments. For one, it seems like that they could honestly take turns living at whichever apartment because of how much they had made each of their own to an ‘our’.

 

Second, there’s a decent amount of clothes that’s both theirs in either apartments. Minho has been toying about the idea of them moving together into one big apartment and asking Sulli but he keeps it at the back of the burner for now.

 

They’ll be a perfect timing for that and they’ll get to to it eventually.

 

As Minho has pulled up into the parking garage and finding a parking spot and finally being parked, Minho took out the basket from the back along with the blankets and brought it up with them. Hand in hand, both went into the elevator and rode up to Sulli’s floor.

 

Upon opening the door to her apartment, Sulli dashed into her room and began to change as Minho was putting away the stuff. For this surprise in particular, it was a bit special and a little different from the other ones.

 

Minho hopes that Sulli would like it though he does think that she will enjoy it very much.

 

“Why aren’t you change it?”

 

Sulli’s voice breaks through his reverie and he turns to see her fully changed into a different outfit – a more casual and laid back fit.

 

“Oh. Yeah, just putting these away.” Sulli then walks over to he is at and takes it away from his hands.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll do this and you can go change.”

 

Without saying anything else, Minho leaves the room and heads to Sulli’s bedroom and opening up one of the drawers where his clothes are at and picks an outfit to wear. Once changed, he heads back out and sees Sulli done and sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

 

“Ready to go?” Minho says to which Sulli looks up at and just nods.

 

Moments later, after the door has been locked, they had back down to the parking garage and find his car. As they pulled out and were back out on the road again with music quietly playing, they were off and Minho was feeling extra giddy.

 

“It’s a bit of drive to get there but it’ll be worth the wait.”

 

He briefly turns away his eyes off the road and beamed a smile at Sulli.

 

“How far?”

 

“Maybe twenty to twenty five minutes. Depending on the traffic.”

 

“So...where we going?”

 

“Baby, it’s a surprise. I can’t tell.” Minho says teasingly.


 

 


 

 

“Oh my god, is this a fair?”

 

Sulli looks quite awestruck as they begin to pull up and see a Ferris Wheel and just below it is little booths filled with games, things to buy and food.

 

“It very much is. You like it?”

 

Sulli’s excitement wasn’t really much contained as she let out a giggle and began to wiggle her body. She had fond memories of going to fairs as a little girl and it had been years since she has gone to one again. So being here and especially being with Minho, it was amazing.

 

“Are you kidding? I love it.”

 

Minho lets out laugh.

 

“So what are we waiting for? Let’s go.”

 

Upon hearing those words, Sulli instantly got out of the car with Minho following behind. She felt like she was back in her childhood days and she couldnt be more happier than she already was.

 

Minho did this for her – he brought her here and for that, she is so thankful to experience it again as a grown woman.

 

Taking his hand and entwining with her own, they began to walk around and see what the fair it has to offer.

 

It’s going to be a good night and I can’t be more happier.


 

 


 

 

A/N: A little backstory if you will, I was aiming to write at least 5k worth of just fluff but I was a bit hesitant bc i didn’t know if could have wrote that much lol. But regardless, I still hope you enjoyed this 3.3k worth of fluff!

 

And If you notice, I tried to incorporate a little bit of chapters 5-8 of the original version of this story into this chapter and with that being said, this will have another installment! So look out for that!

 

But anyways, I hope you enjoy reading this fluff madness as I much as enjoyed writing it.!! lol

 

As always, please do comment what you think! Thank you and I’ll see you again next time  (:

 

Oh & one more thing, Minho’s first ever solo song?? Wasn’t it just SO good?