SIX

The Impossible | CLOSED.

“Honest to God, why did you do me so dirty? After all we’ve been through? I feel so betrayed” Krystal cries dramatically as she barges into Sulli’s office unannounced; making her grand entrance to have her presence be known and acknowledged. Sulli was in the middle of discussing company related things with Yeri before she had to ask her to kindly leave so she can attend to whatever her best friend is fretting over now. Sulli has gotten used to this act of Krystal every time she had something on her mind that she wants to rant about in person instead of sending her a text or calling her. Krystal likes to be extra when it comes to these things so Sulli’s not really surprised by this. At this point, she can only really sigh and just listen to whatever her best friend has to say.

 

Jung Krystal in the eyes of those who barely know her is depicted as the ice princess for her cold demeanor that she has on whenever she is surrounded by strangers. However, in the eyes of Sulli, she is nothing but that. Sulli thinks of her more like a puppy who needs a lot of love and attention from those who she loves dearly. Krystal might be the ice cold princess in front of others but to her, she’s her best friend. Krystal has been with Sulli for practically their whole life as they have grown up together and stuck by each other’s side through all the good and bad that has come in their respective lives. She has seen what Sulli had to go through to have the company she built today and Sulli has seen the struggle Krystal just as much to get where is at in the modeling industry. Sulli is forever grateful to have someone like Krystal in her life for it was her who always kept her grounded

 

“Well hello to you, sunshine. What are you fretting about now?” Sulli laughs, Krystal only could pout before sitting down on the couch that was in Sulli’s office and having her arms crossed as Sulli takes the seat in front of Krystal. It all seemed like yesterday when Krystal came in once again unannounced and started to rant about how fashion shows were killing her as fashion week was just around the corner. It’s crazy to think that was all but a couple months back but something in Sulli tells her that this isn’t and that whatever Krystal came her for, it’s more deep rooted than anything else.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were dating someone? I had to find out through other people. Do you know how much that hurts? To know important things like what is going on in their life from someone that isn’t your best friend? I really had to know that my best friend is dating again from someone else? ” Krystal says, her words were almost breaking and her eyes wavering. It was then Sulli hit her that she has yet to lie to someone very close and important to her again. This time, it hurts more because not only did she not tell her about ‘dating’ but that what she may know now is completely fake and all lies; she’s lying to one of the most important people in her life, her best friend.

 

“Didn’t we promise to not keep secrets from each other? Especially when it comes to these things? I want to know those things from you and celebrate the good news with you but it feels like you’ve forgotten that. Am I not important anymore? ” Krystal continues,unable to look at Sulli straight in the eye. Sulli’s heart then begins to sink even deeper and she finds herself almost suffocating. It pains Sulli that she has to lie through her teeth again, it pains her so much to see that she’s lying to the person who has been with her through thick and thin. Sulli feels guilty to be lying but she also feels that’s safer this way. She doesn’t really know how this is safer this way and how by lying can be a way of protection because she knows that deep down with everything else stripped away, it’s not. It’s wrong to lie, it’s wrong to hide things from someone who trusts you so much. It’s wrong.

 

“What? How could you say that? You are the one of the many few important people in my life. You know I love you more than anyone right? Don’t think that you’re not important to me anymore because that will never happen. And I’m sorry for not telling you any sooner and I’m sorry for not being the one telling you and for you to find out through someone else. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I...it just slipped my mind but don’t think that I wouldn’t ever tell you. I’m sorry.” apologizes Sulli, her voice also breaking. She would do anything and everything to have Krystal forgive her. Sulli would go down on her knees and beg if it ever comes down to it. All her life she was taught to forgive those she has mistaken and those who deserve it. So she’ll do anything for the forgiveness of best friend.

 

“You owe me a lot of explanation but for now, come here and hug me.” Krystal mumbles softly, Sulli smiles and instantly walks over to her before engulfing her into a tight bear hug. As Sulli does so, she doesn’t hesitate and continuously says multiple “im sorrys” and ‘i love yous’ to which Krystal only hugs her back tighter each time she says it.

 

“So who’s the lucky guy?” slowly pulling out of the hug, Krystal looks at Sulli curiously. It was then Sulli released that all is well again and that the teasing will start soon enough. Sitting back down next to each other, Sulli braces herself for what is to come before she tells Krystal who it is.

 

“Uh..it’s Minho. Choi Minho.” Sulli carefully says. Hearing this, Krystal almost screamed at the top of her lungs before stopping herself as she realized that they are in her office and she wants to have professionalism as this isn’t their house where they can scream all they want. This is different. There was a bit of a pause and cue of silence, it suddenly made Sulli nervous.

 

Shut up, oh my god. Seriously? No absolute way. You’re ting me right? You’re dating Choi Minho? The same guy who’s the ceo of a rival company of yours? The same exact guy you were madly crushing on back in high school? That Choi Minho? Oh my god” Krystal finally responds after trying to process what she just heard. Sulli can only nod and Krystal at that point really wanted to scream so loud. It was also in that moment did Sulli realize that she did have a maddening crush on Minho back in highschool. Internally, Sulli was screaming herself because holy , she’s actually (fake) dating the same guy she had crushed on way back then. Memories then started to flood her mind of how crazy she was back in high school, imagining what it could be like if she ever got together with Minho.

 

It’s funny how things work out, Sulli thinks. After all these years, she finally got to date the only person she ever wanted back in high school but none of it is actually real like how she imagined it would be; it’s all fake and pretending. Sulli wanted to kind of laugh now because even if she finally has Minho, she still doesn’t have him. At least not officially and where feelings are mutal for one another. The only reason why Sulli has Minho because she’s only helping him for the sake of what’s being returned. Destiny really does mess with you because even though she doesn’t have the same feelings she did back in high school and even if she ever did, Minho still isn’t hers.

 

“Yeah, the one and only. Guess it was destiny’s choice after all. Sulli says, trying to sound nonchalant about it even she has her heart racing out of her chest and her mind brewing. Hopefully, Krystal doesn’t catch on it but Sulli thinks she doesn’t because her best friend still looks very much shocked and still trying to put the pieces together. Krystal would open as if she wanted to say something to close it shortly after. Sulli feels her palms to sweat as she’s quite apprehensive to hear what Krystal has to say about this.

 

“i..I don’t really know what to say? I’m quite baffled if anything. Though, to tell you honestly, I knew that you guys would look together but i’m just taken a back? I can’t wrap my head around that this is actually happening after all these years.” Krystal mumbles softly after somewhat a gathering of her thoughts. Sulli felt like she can breathe just a little bit better now. She hopes that Krystal will buy the story of how destiny somehow brought them back together after so long and hopefully that destiny will be on her side throughout all of this.

 

“I guess I got lucky?” Sulli smiles, Krystal can only teasingly roll her eyes.

 

“Or maybe you guys are just destined for each other.” Krystal says, laughing at how corny that sounds but Sulli knows that she means every word of it. Though, if you ask Sulli, she doesn’t think they’re destined for each other and it’s just pure luck.

 

Krystal doesn’t stay too long after that as she had a schedule to go to but she feels alot better after getting that off her chest and congratulating her best friend for the newly found relationship she has. Sulli also feels quite relieved that Krystal doesn’t push too much on questions about her relationship with Minho as she doesn’t really know how to give an answer if she ever does ask. Sulli thinks that she will eventually and if that ever does happen, she wants to be prepared.

 

After Krystal left and bid her goodbyes, Sulli pulls out her phone and dials Minho’s number hoping that he will pick up the phone. Sulli realizes they haven’t really talked and come up with something for how they got together and how long they have been dating or in other words, Sulli wants to be prepared for the times they will be asked about their love story.

 

“Hey baby. MIss me?” picking up the phone at the third ring and hearing his respond, Sulli really only rolls her eyes but still manages to chuckle. Though hearing that, it made Sulli’s heart flutter causing her cheeks to feel hot just a tiny bit.

 

“Are you busy? Let’s meet.”


“Oh damn, you really must miss me huh?”

 

“No, idiot. I wanted to talk about  a few things that's all”

 

“Damn, right when i thought you just wanted to hang out. My baby really doesn’t like me”

 

“Oh my god, please stop. You’re so stupid. Okay I’ll text you where to meet. Bye, Minho.”

 

“Laters, baby.”