TWO

The Impossible | CLOSED.

It’s been exactly five days since Minho proposed such an idea and within those five days, Sulli has lost more sleep than she did in college and  before big launches. It has gotten to the point where she has been dozing off during important board meetings just thinking about this matter rather than what is being presented in front her.

 

“Ms. Sulli, what do you think? Do you have any changes you want to make? Ms. Sulli?” says Mr. Kwon, one of the head directors of the marketing department, as he looks at her attentively. It was then Sulli woke up from her trance and remembered that she was in a meeting about the new product launch that is set for the later part of this year. Everyone in the room was looking at her, waiting for her contribution in the current matter.

 

“Uh, no. There’s no changes needed to be made. It’s perfect and I think we’re ready for the launch. Thank you everyone for your time and now if you may excuse me.” Sulli quickly mumbles before storming out of the board room and making her way to the nearest bathroom. Leaving the room full of quiet mumbles and everyone confused.

 

Splashing water onto her face, Sulli tries to clear her mind and avert her attention to the current matters though it seems like nothing can work as her mind is still swarming around with what happened a couple days earlier. Sulli can’t believe how much she is being affected by this, all distracted and a bit disorientated. This isn’t like her but why is she acting like this? Different emotions are running through her and she doesn’t know if she should cry or scream or maybe even both.

 

“Ms. Sulli, is everything okay? You seem very distracted these past few days. Are you alright?” inquires her personal assistant, Yeri, as she comes closer, looking clearly worried for boss. Yeri is much younger than Sulli but she takes her job very seriously and maturely as well. It would sometimes surprise Sulli how mature and older she can be especially during serious situations.

 

Sulli sees Yeri more like as a protective little sister more than an assistant as they have grown a special and close bond over the years that Yeri has been with her. To Sulli, Yeri is like a curious little deer, with her bright eyes and personality that she has grown fond of over the years being together. Though she might be technically her boss, Sulli loves and treats Yeri like she is family that it has reached to the point where they can be informal with each other and letting her call ‘unnie’ all in the course of doing it appropriately. They might have a close bond by they both know where to draw the line and separate it.

 

“It’s probably because I haven’t been sleeping well these past few days but it’s okay. I can handle myself. Thank you for your concern though, I appreciate it.” Sulli smiles, straightening up and taking a couple of deep breaths as she tries and makes herself look a little more presentable. Amidst fixing herself as she looks at the mirror, she doesn’t miss the evident worried look still written all over Yeri’s face. Sulli forms a small smile and turns around and looks at Yeri, shaking her head.

 

“You’re still worrying. Stop it, you know, I don’t like it when you worry too much about me especially if it’s a small matter. I’m really fine, Yeri-ah. Don’t worry too much, you’re too young to be worrying over something so small. I’m fine, I really am.” mumbles Sulli to which Yeri looks a bit stunned as she was caught red handedly on something she wasn’t supposed to. Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, Sulli gives her a smile and somewhat Yeri relaxes a bit at that.

 

“Are you sure? Do you want me to bring you anything? Water? Tea? Anything?” Sulli forms a small laughter in the back of , absolutely endeared by her cute assistant.  She finds it so endearing and sweet to see how much Yeri is fretting over her; indeed Yeri is nothing but sweetest and caring towards her boss.

 

“Yeri-ah, how many times do I have to tell you that I’m fine for you to understand that I really am? What do I have to? I really appreciate your concern for me but it’s not necessary. I’m really fine, my little Yeri. Okay?” laughing a bit, Sulli tries to gain a small smile coming from her. She truly adores her and appreciates her concern but sometimes it’s not necessary and Sulli wants her to see that at the least.

 

Yeri knows how stubborn her boss can be and she also knows how much of a worrier she can be towards her but she can’t help it. Sulli has done so much for Yeri, she feels it’s only right for her to repay that back as much as possible. Just like how Sulli looks at her like a little sister, Yeri looks at Sulli like the big sister she never really had before.

 

“But unnie, please. I know there’s something that’s been bothering you lately that’s why you’ve been acting like this. You know you can tell me, right?” Yeri confesses to which Sulli sighs because she knows that she can be read like a book especially by the person who has been with her since the start. She can’t really lie but there’s things that have to be hidden so that others won’t get hurt over what you are going to do. Sulli knows for a fact that she tell her the whole ordeal between her and Minho because she doesn’t want her to get involved and wants to keep her safe

 

“Yeri-ah, you trust me right? I want you to keep trusting me. When I say certain things and do certain things, I want you to keep trusting me. Please? Just trust unnie, okay?” pulling her into a hug, Sulli can feel her relax. Over the years, Sulli has learned how to love Yeri and she knows that she won’t ever stop, she wants Yeri to know that no matter what happens from here on not, she will love her like this and for her to keep on trusting. At this point, all one can really do is hope.

 

“Okay, unnie. Yeah, I trust you.” Yeri mumbles quietly as Sulli pulls her back and looks at her, smiling. Eventually Yeri smiles back and that’s all Sulli needed to see.