Me, Myself, and The Stars

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

 

I leaned against the tree and stayed quiet as  much as I could, I can't tell just how long I've been admiring him, I was lost in my own world. I eventually decided that I should leave, I gave a gentle smile as I gave one last glance at him. I lean back against the tree trunk, I closed my eyes, reluctant to leave. But I needed to, the sun is beginning to set. I have a long journey ahead of me tomorrow. I opened my eyes and begin to walk away towards the edge of the forest. I walked for about 2 minutes or so, I come upon the same hill that night and looked down at the village. The whole area is covered in a sheet of orange and red of the sunset. I look back into the forest, and I feel sad all of a sudden.

 

"I really want to thank him somehow, but how? He's a demon and I don't know anything about him, I can't just go up to him and talk to him like he's a human. I don't even know if he's kind or not..." I asked myself furrowing my brows. 

 

I clutch my koto tightly unconsciously, then an idea comes to mind. 

 

"Although I can't talk to him... maybe I can do this at least." I think to myself with a smile.

 

I sit down on the soft grass on the hill and place the koto onto my lap. I warm up my fingers and place them on the strings. I'm happy that I managed finish composing the tune this morning. I begin to strum the string and vibrating tunes echos around me, the tune is a slow and mellow song. I think it's a nice soothing tune to relax oneself and be lured into a dream by it. The notes flow throughout the hills and into the opening, the sunset covers me in beaufiful colors of fire. I strung the last string to the tune, thus ending it, by the time I finished the tune, the sun has set. The sky became purple, pink and dark blue. I took a deep breath and smiled, I stand up and pick up my kimono and koto once again. I turn towards the forest behind me. 

 

"I hope you heard this tune wherever you are. Since I couldn't talk to you, this was the only way for me to say thank you for saving me yesterday. I bid you farewell, I'll be leaving when the sun comes up again. Take care." I said quietly towards the forest. 

 

With my gratitude conveyed, I gave one last smile and walked down the hill. As I walked down the hill, a gentle breeze blew across the grassy plain towards the forest. My hair flew around me, tickling my face. I turn towards the trees and gave a small smile, I take that with the gentle gust of wind, it is telling me that he heard me. I continued back into the village. That night, I return to the inn and begin to pack up everything for tomorrow. I wrapped up my koto as I did the exact way as I left on my first day. After I finish packing I stand up and walk towards the window, the moonlight watching over the village in silence. It's serene, relaxing, beautiful, and captivating. I could see a few stars hanging brightly beside the crescent moon, and I smiled. 

 

"Better get some rest, the villagers told me it's going to be a long journey tomorrow." I said to myself. 

 

I stretched and head to bed. I woke up early, the sky just turned bright blue. The villagers were already out and about, going along with their day. I strapped everything to my straddle, and hopped on. Most of the villagers came out to see me off, just like the previous village. 

 

"Stay safe out there__________, make sure to find a safe place to rest when you get tired." An elderly said to me handing me a basket of food.

 

"I will, so don't you worry, and thank you for the snacks." I said taking the basket with a smile.

 

"Thank you for your bravery that day when the demon attacked, if it wasn't for you, we would've lost the youngsters of our village. You are a strong and courageous woman_________, and I give you all of my thanks." The chieftan says with a bow.

 

"Please, I didn't do much, I just did what I thought was right. Besides, it wasn't I who took out the demon." I said waving my hands.

 

"Oh? Then who could it have been?" The chieftan asks.

 

"I'm not quite sure myself, but he was like an angel who came out of nowhere and disappeared just as fast." I said taking a quick glance towards the forest not too far away.

 

"I see, but regardless, thank you___________. We will miss your songs and liveliness in our village. Please come back and visit in the future." The chieftan says with a smile.

 

"I will. You all take care." I say waving to them all as I head towards the long road that lays ahead of me. 

 

I took one last look to the forest and I headed forward, who knows if I'll ever see him again. I rode past rocky roads. Grassy fields, lakes and streams. I stopped and enjoyed the beautiful sceneries that I happen to come upon, it was beautiful and breathtaking. Not being able to see what lays beyond the horizon can be scary, but it also makes you feel like you have to explore the endlessness to the world. Without knowing half the day went by already. My horse is getting tired as well, I decided to find a small stream to rest a bit. The sun started to go down. I hopped off my horse, untied the basket of food and placed my foot in the cool stream, the clear blue water encircling my feet and flowing down by the currents. I gave my horse some bread and fruits, it drank from the stream. After eating, we got up and continued until the sun completely sets. After about another 2 hours of traveling, the sky finally turns dark blue and the stars appear. I found a field with a few tall trees, I set up a small campsite and a fire. My horse rests beside me, and I lay a blanket onto the already soft ground and sit on it. I bring my knees to my chin and rest my head on them. I look up at the sky with the moon hanging above me, the large amount of stars scattered everywhere like glitter in the ebony night. I watch the stars twinkle and without knowing, my mind begin to fall into a pool of thoughts. The thoughts fall upon the graceful demon.

 

"What is this feeling?" I finally begin to ask myself. 

 

The night is quiet, and the only sounds are my breathing, my horse's breathing, and the crackle of the fire. But in my mind, the loudness comes from the questions and curiousity even though they are, quiet. 

 

"I don't know what this feeling really is... I feel grateful to him because he saved me, I also admire his beauty and elegance, I'm captivated by the fact that he's a demon. The mysterious aura that he gives off draws me to him, but what exactly is it? He's constantly on my mind... So is it love? Curiousity? Admiration? A sense of debt to the chance that he gave me to live? The thoughts and undecided feelings is overwhelming." I said to myself. 

 

The stars twinkles in silence. I sighed and scooted down and covered myself with a warm blanket. I held my hand that his whip accidentally cut. The wound is slowly starting to heal and scab up, I watched as the fire gently flickers, there were no wind to disrupt it or to put it out. 

 

"I guess this is the only physical reminder that I have of him. Not a nice one, but at least something. In time, I hope these feelings will resolve on their own. But who know when I'll see him again. Guess I'll just see where fate takes me." I thought to myself. 

 

I close my eyes and drifted off into the quiet nice. Above me in the clouds, amongs the clusters of stars, Sirius, the Dog Star constellation shines brighter than any of the other stars, even as bright as the moon.