To Love And To Forget

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

Morning arrives, Yorokobi and I spend time together. We went around town again to pick out makeup and new kimonos for her, it's time to doll her up before her big day. We bought some shades of lip color, and 3 new kimonos. One of them is a traditional wedding kimono in a shade of pale pink. We also bought some new hairpins. After about half the day went by and we return to her room with our parents to try on the kimono, and to see what else we need before the ceremony tomorrow. I carefully put the kimono on Yorokobi while our mother style her hair to see what kind of hairstyle will fit well. I smooth out the sleeves and the rim of the kimono and stand up with a smile, I then pick up a slightly dark pink lip color and gently dab it onto Yorokobi's lips.

"There, all done." I say stepping back to see my little sister in a wedding kimono. 

 

"Dear, you look absolutely beautiful. Can't believe you're getting married tomorrow." Our mother says with a big smile.

 

"Indeed Yoroboki, you have finally grown up into a young woman and about to start her own family." Our father says with a nod. 

 

"Thank you guys. I'm a bit nervous." Yorokobi says with a small laugh.

 

I walk up to her and tuck away a strand of hair behind her ear and look into her eyes.

 

"Experiencing something for the first time will always be nerve wrecking, but afterwards it will be an experience that can last forever in your memories. Tackle it head on, embrace it and what you do next is up to you decide after experiencing it first. Keep your head high tomorrow alright, I don't want you freaking out on one of the most beautiful day of your life. You can cry afterwards alright?" I say to her with a smile.

 

"You're right, I need to be brave. I want to be at my best. Thanks_________." Yorokobi says giving me a hug.

 

We then made some smaller adjustments and remembered the style for tomorrow. Then Yorokobi went to change and wash off the makeup to prepare for dinner. My parents and I return to my room for a talk. We all sit down in the center of my room, there's an immediate mood of serious.

 

"So what is it that you want to talk about?" I ask them.

 

"Well, your father and I have been talking about your future. We didn't force you to find a lord before your trip, and we didn't want to bring up the topic after you come back. But then seeing that your sister have found someone and going to be married tomorrow, we begin to worry about the day when you'll find that special someone." My mother tells me with a slight frown.

 

"I understand your worries, I mean at my age of 25 I should be worried. Seeing Yorokobi getting married before me does seem a bit ridiculous doesn't it?" I say with a half hearted laugh.

 

"You're mother told me that you don't want to wait for a lord to come pick you up, and you said that you hope that you can find someone along the trip. May we ask if you did?" My father asks me.

 

As I hear those words, he comes into my mind. I mentally let out a sigh... just as I thought I'm on the process of forgetting him.

 

"Well I did met someone... but I realized that they we are two completely different people. So I let him go." I tell them honestly. 

 

They look at each other with a frown and then back at me.

 

"We're sorry about that dear, it must've been hard to fall in love with someone and to in the end leave them." My mother says.

 

"It was hard, but it was just a one sided crush on my half. I'll get over it soon. Don't worry." I say to them with a half smile.

 

"Well how about this, how about a matchmaking session with some of the young lords around the region?" My father suggests.

 

I look up at him with a surprised expression.

 

"I think it'll be a great idea too, it can be a good opportunity for you to find someone and have someone be by your side during difficult times in the future. You might just find that special person. What do you say________? We will send out a message to the nearby villages and invite the young lords of each villages to come and you can meet them?" My mother asks me.

 

After hearing their words, I look out of the late evening sky from my window. The moon shines brightly. Maybe this will be a way for me to move forward from him and put all those affections into someone else, someone's who's meant for me. So I can forget him. 

 

I turn to them and smile.

 

"Let's give it a try then." I say to them with a nod. 

 

"Glad you're giving this oppurtunity a try_________. We'll support you no matter what, we just want you to find someone to spend the rest of your life with in happiness. I'll go send out the letters now." My father says with a warm smile.

 

My parents all give me a hug and left my room. I walk up to my window and sit on the ledge. 

 

"Maybe this is the best way. I feel so pathetic. Yorokobi found the special person that's meant for her by herself, me? What am I doing? I thought I found someone whom I thought may had a future with but in the end I let him go because I don't even know what I am to him, usually I'm the one who does all the talking too. He's way beyond than what I am with goals and ambitions. In the end I have to go on matchmaking sessions with lords in the region so that maybe I can find that special person." I mutter to myself

 

I feel so frustrated and stressed out, I take a deep breath and went to dinner. The four of us spent time together one last time before Yorokobi leaves tomorrow, but eventually we all head to our rooms because the night is here and tomorrow is a big day. I played on my koto for a bit and lay down on my bed, there were so much thoughts, worries, and stress running through my mind. It's exhausting both mentally and emotionally. It took me a few hours to finally fall asleep, before I know it, the sun comes up. I get up feeling tired, I don't want to do anything today but I have to. Yorokobi is getting married today. I wash up and dress up, I style my hair up and pin it up with the gold hairpin. I heard that Yorokobi's fiance has arrived with his family already, and had just met my parents, I hurried and went to the gathering room. I slid open the door and I see Yorokobi and a young handsome looking man that I assume is Lord Shinko, kneeling side by side in front my parents and I assume his parents. Seems like I made it just in time, I bow to Lord Shinko's parents and to the young lord himself, I then take a seat beside my mother. 

 

"My lord, My Lady, Lady__________, father, and mother, as you know, I have fallen in love with Lady Yorokobi. We have agreed to get married on this day, so we ask for your blessings." The young lord says bowing to us.

 

"You have our blessings son, the final say is up to Lady Yorokobi's parents and Lady__________." His father says with a smile.

 

"Of course you'll have our blessings, just promise that you'll be happy with our daughter and give her happiness for the rest of her life as her husband." Our father says with a nod.

 

"I will my Lord, thank you My Lord, My Lady." The young lord says with another bow. 

 

Yorokobi bows alongside him to our parents, then they look at me. They are waiting for my approval. I look at the two of them together, seeing my younger sister together with the man she is in love with and who loves her back just as much eases away all of my own worrie for that moment. I smile.

 

"Of course you'll have my blessing. Lord Shinko, I entrust my younger sister to you. Please make her happy." I say to him. 

 

"Don't worry Lady__________, I will make sure that Yorokobi will always smile. Thank you." He says and Yorokobi smiles at me and bows with him.

 

I bowed to the two of them as a sign of respect on my part. We all smile and our parents all stand up.

 

"How beautiful, how about we proceed to the beautiful ceremony?" Lord Shinko's mother says with a bright smile. 

 

"We shall." My father says with a clap.

 

Shinko went with his parents to prepare. We took Yorokobi to her room, the maids were waiting for her with the wedding kimono, accessories and makeup laid out. 

 

"We'll see you outside, we're so happy for you." Our mother says giving Yorokobi a kiss.

 

"Today, you look the most beautiful." Our father tells her and giving her hug.

 

"Thank you mother and father." Yorokobi says with teary eyes.

 

"Hey, no crying remember? The good part haven't arrived yet. Keep your head high and have a brave heart Yorokobi. Alright? Show me the most beautiful you later in front of everyone." I say to her pinching her nose with a smile."

 

"Yea sorry_________, I'll it up and be brave." Yorokobi says with a laugh.

 

"That's my sister, now get ready, see you from the crowds later." I say.

 

I then left Yorokobi to get ready. I then went out to the front of the estate to the grassy front yard, a few laterns lit to give off the festive atmosphere. There were seats lined out in front for our parents and I, the guards, maids and servants had their own place behind our parents. The front door is opened so that the villagers can come in and see the moment if they like. I smile at the beautiful view. I sit down next to my parents. The ceremony isn't long, but it's nice to have it to show the proof. After waiting for about 15-20 minutes, the inner gate to our estate finally opens, Shinko comes out in a dark blue decorated kimono fit for a wedding. And beside him is Yorokobi, her hair styled up the way that we made thet day, hairpins beautiful protrudes neatly out of her hair. Her lips were tainted with the beautiful shade of red pink. She wears the wedding kimono that we bought with her obi tied beautiul around her waist, she is beautiful. I smile at the sight of my younger sister. Shinko and Yorokobi walks slowly towards us  and stops a few feet away from us. The turn to each other and kneel down, they then bow to each other. They say their vows to each other. They then stand up slowly and turn to us, they kneel again and bow towards our parents and I. They then seal the marriage officially with a kiss. We all stand and clap at the beautiful union of two people in love. A single tear fall from my eyes, and it isn't a tear of pain but one of happiness. The crowds cheer and shout. After the ceremony we gathered for a feast, we talked and enjoyed the time. After the feast, we had tea. Time seem to pass so quickily when you're having fun. Before the sun sets for the upcoming night, Yorokobi pack up her belongings and is heading back to home with Shinko. She is going to live with Shinko from now on. We all gather at the front gates, Lord Shinko's parents talks with our parents, I talked with Shinko and Yorokobi. 

 

"Guess this is the start of a new beginning Yorokobi, before the end of the day, you can let your tears out. But promise me it will be ones of joy alright?" I say to her nudging her forehead.

 

"Ow, don't worry_________, I don't feel like crying anymore because I'm so happy right now. Thanks for being the best sister in the world, and I hope the right person will come to you soon. I hope for the day when you'll smile with joy with the one you love." Yorokobi says.

 

"Looks like my little sister finally has grown into a woman. I'm proud, I'll miss bugging you. It's going to be a bit empty now, but I'll get over it. Lord Shinko, have a safe trip home and please take care of Yorokobi. She can be a bit of a brat at times, so try to tolerate her a little." I say to him with a laugh.

 

"I'm married to Yorokobi now, you're my older sister in law now. You don't need to add "lord" in front of my name anymore. I will, but that's why I love her as well. I love her for being outgoing and fun. Thank you, we'll definitely come back and visit once in a while." Shinko says with a warm smile.

 

"Right, still not use to this in-law terms yet. That's good to hear Shinko, thanks for accepting Yorokobi for who she is. And please do." I say with a laugh.

 

"Well should we get going now? It's going to be a tiring journey." Shinko's father says coming to us.

 

"Yes, shall we Yorokobi?" Shinko asks her.

 

"Yea." She replies.

 

"Take care dear, write letters once in a while." Our mother says hugging her.

 

"Look out for yourself and Shinko as well alright. Love you dear." Our father says giving her a hug as well.

 

I then give Yorokobi a big hug and hold her close. This reminds me so much of the day when Rin left to go start her new life. The memories comes flowing to me.

 

"Promise me you'll be happy, make sure the choices that you make from now will be the right ones for you and for your happiness." I say to her just like how I told Rin that day.

 

"I will. Goodbye_________. Love you." Yorokobi says hugging me tight.

 

I let her go and give her kiss on her forehead. She smiles and then hop onto a horse prepared for her. We waved and then they were off. We watched as they set off towards the distance horizon, until the disappeared.

 

"Yorokobi's on the path to her new life now. And tomorrow will be a new turn for you too_________." My father says

 

I turn to him surprised.

 

"You mean... the lords responded already?" I ask him.

 

"They did, they will be here tomorrow. We sent out requests to 4 lords, you will be spending a day with each to get to know them. Then hopefully, you'll find one suitable." My mother says giving my shoulder a pat.

 

"I see, alright." I reply looking out into the distance.

 

"Get some rest, it'll be a long day for the next 4 days. Goodnight________. Rest well." My father says giving a kiss on my forehead.

 

We all head back and head to bed, I change into my night gown and let my hair down from their binds. I play my koto for a bit to calm my mind a bit. I feel so tired lately and I don't really know why. I then blow out my candle and sit down on the ledge of my windows again, I look out to the sky. The stars glistens in the ebony sky. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

 

"You made this decision, so see it through. Get some rest so you'll be energized tomorrow, it's time to move on. Time to move forward with a brave heart___________. You can do it." I say to myself confidently.

 

I walk towards my futon and lay down, I close my eyes and I empty my thoughts filled mind. Tomorrow is a new day and a new day towards my new path. I'll face it head on.