The Beginning Of Quiet Nights

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

I wake up still half asleep to a dim lit room by the rising sun, I’m still lying on my stomach bare. I feel smooth warm skin against mine below. My head is resting against the smooth and warm surface as well, I can hear quiet steady breathing above me. I remember that Sesshomaru and I made love a few hours earlier and I fell asleep while holding him from the fatigue. I shift a little so I can look at Sesshomaru, as I do so something also shifts inside. My eyes opens wide in surprise and I let out a quiet gasp, suddenly above me, Sesshomaru stirs. I remember now that I fell asleep... with him still inside of me. I was too tired to pull myself off of him, besides, I didn’t do it because it made me feel complete and full of happiness. 

 

“Good morning.” Sesshomaru voice quietly says above me.

 

I tilt my head upwards to look at him, his nose just mere centimeters from mine. I smile as I see the amber gemstones of his.

 

“Good morning Sesshomaru. Sorry about last night, I was too tired to move myself off of you.” I say to him.

 

“It’s not something to apologize over, I was able to rest well because it felt... warm all through the night.” Sesshomaru says quietly.

 

My face begin to heat up from his words, looks like last night was very peaceful and comfortable for the both of us.

 

“It was relaxing last night too, it was warm and to hold you last night made me feel complete. But, I think I should pull myself off of you now, I need to stretch my back out.” I tell him with a smile.

 

Without waiting for him to respond, I lift my left leg over his right hips so I can shift myself off of him. As I shift my weight off of him  I can feel him slowly exiting me, without realizing it we both let out a quiet faint moan of pleasure as we lose each other in the process. I completely shift myself off of Sesshomaru and lay beside him on the futon, I stretch my arms and back and then turn to my right side to face Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru’s eyes are closed, the magenta stripes on his eyelids defines his feature beautifully. His white silky bangs lays gently against his forehead, I’m falling in love all over again. 

 

“What are you going to do now Sesshomaru? Do you have any future plans?” I ask him.

 

Sesshomaru slowly opens his eyes and looks up at the ceiling. His expession soft and plain, almost as if he’s in deep thought.

 

“Life is full of wonders and mysteries, I suppose you’ll be staying in the village helping out?” He asks me.

 

“I am, there are many things that I want to learn and see around this area. I didn’t get a chance to last time I was here so I want to accomplish that goal. How about you?” I ask him again.

 

“Before meeting you, I had no destination, but I was traveling and seeking new mysteries and knowledge. So perhaps, I’m thinking of finishing that goal of mine. In the future, I could take you along with me for a trip and see the world.” Sesshomaru says turning his head to look at me.

 

“That sounds nice, sorry for having you go off course though. Do you know when you’ll be going? Because I’d like to spend as much time with you as I can.” I tell him with a small laugh.

 

Sesshomaru shifts his body sideways to face me, his long silky hair falls in front of him and over his shoulders as he does so. He  caresses my cheeks lovingly as he looks at me with a smile.

 

“Spending time with My Love has definitely become a part of my life. To have lived 500 years, I have encountered and experienced many things, but spending moments like this with the one I love will always be something I’ll be happy to oblige.” Sesshomaru tells me.

 

“Thank you.” I say to him with a smile.

 

I shift closer to him and I nuzzle his nose with mine like how a dog would to show affection, I then lean my forehead against his and I close my eyes. The two of us soon fall asleep again since it’s still early. The days goes by beautifully, In the morning and afternoon I would help Lady Kaede, Kagome, and Sango in the fields planting and taking care of the animals and sprouts. In the evening I would play with Sango’s children with Shippo. Miroku and Inuyasha goes out in the morning to do their job, and they don’t return till evening like always. Sesshomaru is out for most of the day with A-Un and Jaken, I understand since he has important things to do and I’m helping out the others all day. Although he’s out for most of the day, he will always be back after dinner. The two of us would always go for a late night walk to the flower field, we would sit down in the grass and enjoy the time together. After spending a few hours under the moon, we would turn in back in and return to our house. We would sleep holding each other close, his scent envelopes me every night. The feeling is beautiful, to be with the one you love and to end the day with them in your arms. The days roll by and the days soon turns into a month and a half, when you ‘re enjoying life and spending with the people you care about, time flies. Recently, Sesshomaru has been going up to the sky palace a lot with A-Un and Jaken, seems like he has important matters to take care of lately. Then one day, after dinner, Sesshomaru and I walked to the flower field. The moon is round and bright, and the flowers are swaying  in the gentle night breeze. Every other day, we would sit side by side as I lean my head on his shoulder or have his arms around me as I lean against his chest. Tonight though, Sesshomaru has his head on my lap as he lays on his back on the soft grass. He has his eyes close and his long white hair lays out across my lap, I brush my fingers through his soft silky hair.

 

“That feels nice.” Sesshomaru quietly says with his eyes closed.

 

“It is isn’t it? Is it your first time to have someone brush their hands through your hair like this?” I ask him.

 

“No one has ever come close enough to touch a part of me then. You could say it was impossible for someone to lay a hand on me.” He tells me.

 

“I’m sure Rin has before when you were traveling together.” I say to him.

 

“I looked out for her and carried her to safety multiple times, but she has never gone out of her way to do something like this. Not to mention, I always left her with Jaken and A-Un as I often left them behind to search for information and leads to Naraku. She is someone dear to me, but not much close contacts were established in those years.” Sesshomaru says opening his eyes.

 

“I see. I’m happy to be the first person to give you this kind of experience. Hopefully many more in the future.” I tell him.

 

“I’m sure we will. I have something that I need to tell you.” Sesshomaru says suddenly sitting up. 

 

“What is it?” I ask him.

 

Sesshomaru turns to face me, I sit properly I prepare myself to hear him out.

 

“Lately I have been going up to the sky palace to see my mother as you know. Since I’m the Great Daiyokai now, I have been given duties.” Sesshomaru tells me looking up at the sky.

 

“Duties?” I repeat his words.

 

“Yes, I have to go around All of Asia and meet up with the most powerful demons and form an alliance with them, in case if a war breaks out in the future.” Sesshomaru goes on to explain. 

 

“Travel all around Asia, you want to form these alliances?” I ask him.

 

“They are expecting me, I must go. Although it’s not something that I’m interested in, but I suppose being the Great Daiyokai have its share of priorities and duties. Years before, to think of forming alliances or having allies were pointless and useless. I believed in my strength and power and didn’t need help and support from others, but I suppose learning compassion and love over the years has allowed me to realize some things.” Sesshomaru says looking at me with a slight smile.

 

I smile as I hear those last few words from him. I place my hands on his face and caress his smooth cheeks, I then lean in and kiss his soft lips. Sesshomaru returns it, I release his lips a few seconds later and look into his eyes.

 

“Is Jaken and A-Un going with you?” I ask him.

 

“They are, they have been my traveling companions for centuries, even if I tell them no they would still follow.” Sesshomaru says.

 

“I’m sure they will, you left them for about a month when you came to find me and Jaken cried so hard when you went to find him that night. Being seperated from the ones you care can be painful, I wish I could go with you, but I know it’s not a place for me. When are you leaving?” I ask him.

 

“In the morning.” Sesshomaru says brushing his thumb along my cheek. 

 

“In just a few hours huh... when will you be back?” I ask him the final question.

 

“I’m not sure, but close to a month if I have to guess.” Sesshomaru says. 

 

“A month, seems quite long. The days goes by fast when you’re with people you care about and love, I’m sure the days will go by fast because I’m with Kagome and the others, but a month without you can be a bit hard.” I say with a sigh.

 

“You won’t be the only one. Let’s return back, I would like to spend the remaining of the night in a quiet cozy room.” Sesshomaru says taking my hand.

 

“I guess the married life is kicking in?” I ask him with a small laugh.

 

“I suppose it is.” Sesshomaru says with a gentle smile.

 

He pulls me up and we walk back to our house together hand in hand. The midnight breeze accompanies us back and the moonlight guides us, to have Sesshomaru walking beside me is amazing. We arrive back to our house and we step in, the candle lights illuminates the space that’s just for us. Sesshomaru closes the door and steps up onto the smooth wooden platform. I help Sesshomaru remove his armor, he places his two swords on the table. I then untie his obi and fold it neatly on the ground beside the futon, he then removes his bundle of fur from his shoulder and places it on the ground and I go to remove my kimono and put on my night wear. Sesshomaru doesn’t need to switch into night wear, he rests in his white kimono. How convenient, I put on my night wear and I release my hair from its restraints. I go around blowing out the candles and as I go to blow out the last one, I feel his presence behind me. I turn around and I find myself facing Sesshomaru, he helps me tie the knots on my nightwear and the obi. He then rests his forehead against mine and I close my eyes enjoying the closeness. Sesshomaru’s fingers brushes through my black hair and I open my eyes to look at his, his golden eyes burns into mine. I raise mine and gently touch his cheek, I then hook my arms around his neck. Sesshomaru hook his right arm around my legs and picks me up bridal style, he carries the two of us to the futon and lowers the two of us down. Sesshomaru lays besides me gracefully and I turn onto my right side to face him, Sesshomaru does the same. Although it’s night time, I don’t want it to end because when morning arrives, Sesshomaru will be gone for a month. The two of us just looks at each other, and without knowing my hands goes to touch his silky white hair that fell in front of him. I let my fingers glide along his hair and I watch it fall lightly from my hand. The single candle that I didn’t manage to extinguish gives me the dim image of him in the dark. 

 

“I’m really happy that I get to see this side of you Sesshomaru.” I say quietly with a smile.

 

“And what side is that?” He asks me.

 

“The you right now, the more loving, relaxed, and warm side of you. The you that no one else has seen, the happiness and bliss that you experience when we make love, the smile that you show me when we’re together, the gentle touches that you give and the you that allows me to touch you. To know that I’m the one that can see that is a gift indeed.” I explain to him without losing eye contact. 

 

“You’ll be the one to only see that from now till the end.” Sesshomaru says to me. 

 

I smile at his words, Sesshomaru closes the gap and finds my lips with his. I moved my lips in sync with his and I let his tongue entwine with mine and let them dance together. We release each other and I hold his face gently, I kiss the edge of his mouth and rest my nose against his cheek. I close my eyes as I listen to his quiet breathing.

 

“When morning comes, I won’t see you for a month or even longer. It might not seem long but my mind will probably make it feel long. I’ve already experienced it once when we weren’t together and it was hard, but now that we are I can’t imagine how much harder it will be.” I say to him.

 

Sesshomaru traces my eyes with his and he glides the tip of his claws against my cheek gently. 

 

“You won’t be the only one, back then I didn’t think losing someone is such a big deal or leave a big impact on me, but now losing someone or just be away from someone important is painful. You won’t be the only one longing, I will to. When I return, let’s make up for the days we’ve missed.” He tells me with a small smile.

 

I nod and I rest my head at the base of his neck, His smooth skin touching my forehead feels cool and soothing. His scent lightly surrounds me as the quiet room lulling me to sleep.

 

“I don’t want to close my eyes and sleep.” I quietly whisper.

 

“You’re not like me, you need your rest. If you’re worring about not seeing me in the morning, don’t be. I’ll be here until you wake up and when I see your eyes, then I’ll depart.” Sesshomaru assures me gently gliding his hand along my back. 

 

“Promise?” I ask him.

 

“I don’t want to leave either.” Sesshomaru says.

 

Those words of his says it all for me. I nod my head and I hug him closer to me, I then close my eyes and let the night lull me to sleep. I hold onto Sesshomaru’s kimono and I hug him to me, I don’t want to let him go at all tonight. Eventually though, I fall asleep. I wake up to quiet movements, I force my eyes to open, I’m laying on my side still but I’m by myself. The room is still dark, but I can tell dawn is arriving. Sesshomaru’s not beside me anymore, and I’m not holding him. His obi, sword, armor, and his bundle of fur is gone. Sadness slowly grows inside my heart knowing that he left early. He broke his promise to me, but I can never hate him, something urgent must have come up. I glide my hand along the silk futon cover that he laid on, I close my eyes and try to sleep so I can get on with my day when morning arrives. Although my eyes are closed I can hear slight movements from behind me, I open my eyes slowly as I feel a presence close to me, the presence lays down behind me. I don’t know who it is, but I’m hoping it’s him. The next thing I know, an arm comes around my waist from behind and reaches for my hand that’s laying on the futon. As the arm reaches to find my hand, the person closes the distance from behind and I recognize the familiar scent of theirs. I look at the arm and I see their long snow white kimono sleeve with the red flower patterns at the rim, their skin is fair and smooth and tipped with clawed nails. I smile as he finally reaches my hand and entwines his long beautiful fingers with mine, he pulls our hands back to our body and to my chest and he kisses my cheek. Goosebumps raises from my neck as he does so, his warm breath wakes me up completely from my drowsiness. He them rests his head behind mine and hugs me close to him.

 

“I thought you left.” I whisper to him.

 

“I told you that I’ll leave when morning comes and when your eyes and mine meet. For the time being, I’ll be staying right here.” Sesshomaru replies back to me. 

 

I smile that he kept his promise. I lift the hand that he’s holding and I raise it to my lips, I kiss the back of his hand and rest it close to my face. 

 

“Thank you, My Love.” I whisper. 

 

Sesshomaru holds me closer and he rests his face in the crook of my neck, I can hear his quiet breathing and it draws me back to sleep. When I wake up again, morning has arrived, I haven’t moved at all as I slept, I realize that I’m still holding Sesshomaru’s hand.

 

“Morning.” Sesshomaru greets me from behind.

 

“Morning Sesshomaru.” I reply.

 

I lay onto my back and I look at him, his amber eyes finding mine immediately. He looks absolutely flawless, and I won’t be seeing his face for a month after today. 

 

“Jaken and A-Un are here, it’s time for me to leave.” Sesshomaru says with his flat expression once again.

 

“I see.” I reply with a frown.

 

The two of us sit up and we both stand up. Without changing out of my night wear, the two of us walk outside. Guess it’s still pretty early, the village is still quiet. Sesshomaru turns to face me.

 

“Take care_________, we’ll see each other around a months time.” Sesshomaru says touching my cheek.

 

“I know, please stay safe. I’ll miss you Sesshomaru.” I say to him.

 

“I’ll miss you too_______.” He responds back.

 

I stand up on my toes and I kiss him, I release him and I trace the magenta stripes on his cheeks with the tip of my fingers.

 

“I love you Sesshomaru, till we meet again.” I say to him looking into his eyes. 

 

“I love you too. Stay here, you don’t need to see me off.” Sesshomaru says with a gentle smile.

 

I nod, I pull myself away from him. Sesshomaru turns towards the forest and dashes off gracefully, his long white hair following him in the wind. I watch as he disappears into the distance. The morning breeze surrounds me as I watch my love disappear, a month is when I’ll see him again. I stand outside for a while and watch the morning red sky slowly turn blue, the people are slowly waking up. I take a deep breath of the morning air and I head back in to change and start my day, a day without Sesshomaru to come back to at night.