Something To Call Mine

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

Sango’s twins comes running up to me and I stop in front of them, I kneel down and I hug the two of them. 

 

“I miss you guys so much, I hope you two have been well.” I say to them.

 

“We’ve been well________! We were waiting here forever for your arrival!” The twins say.

 

“You did? Thank you so much for the warm welcome girls.” I say to then giving them each a kiss on the cheek.

 

“It’s good to have you finally back here, and to have you live here.” Sango says stopping in front of me. 

 

“Sango, it’s great to see you again, and everyone else.” I say standing up and giving her a hug.

 

“Welcome back__________, or should I say big sister-in-law.” Kagome says with a big smile.

 

I’m surprised by her sudden address, I turn to look at Sesshomaru. He has his eyes closed and he let out a low groan with a slight furrowed brow. I smile at his reaction and I give Kagome a hug. 

 

“Looks like Sesshomaru didn’t just tell you guys about our arrival but including our love and marriage. I’m glad to be back.” I say to her with a big smile.

 

I greet Lady Kaede, Miroku, and Inuyasha. Shippo soon joins in and I give him a warm hug as he’s still adorable as a little fox demon can be. The group greet Sesshomaru as well, Sesshomaru seen to tolerate Inuyasha quite a bit even though Inuyasha says some things that you expect from siblings. I smile at their somewhat hostile rivalry but close communication, you can see Sesshomaru’s annoyance towards Inuyasha but you can also see him being less cold towards his younger half brother. Guess the time spent with me and the love has allowed his heart to soften drastically. 

 

“Come, we’ve prepared a big dinner for you, see it as a wedding feast or some sort. A celebration and a gift from us to you and Sesshomaru.” Lady Kaede says.

 

“We’d love that, thank you so much.” I thank them with a bow.

 

“How about joining the dinner Sesshomaru? We know you don’t eat human food but you should at least join this feast since you were one of the reason why.” Inuyasha says with his arm folded and with a slight grin on his face.

 

I look at Sesshomaru beside me and I can see him closing his eyes again and the furrow in his brows appear again, you can almost just feel the annoyance radiating off his body. I give Kagome a look and with eye contacts, we let out a small smile to one another. I take Sesshomaru’s hand into mind and I can feel his annoyance gradually diluting. Kagome on the other hand, smacks Inuyasha on the arm with a medium force to her hit. 

 

“Ow! What was that for?!” Inuyasha shouts and his cute dog ears twitches.

 

“Stop pestering Sesshomaru Inuyasha, I’m surprised he haven’t smacked you yet.” Kagome scolds him. 

 

I gently squeeze Sesshomaru’s hand hoping that he can tone down the situation a little, because I know it’ll be best if he ends this “friendly” sibling quarrel. 

 

“Since it’s a wedding feast, I’ll be happy to join.” Sesshomaru says after regaining his composure. 

 

He then gives my hand a gente squeeze, I appreciate that he did it for me. Kagome slaps Inuyasha on the arm again, then she turns back to us with a big smile. 

 

“Shall we go? It’s getting late too, after dinner we’ll show you and Sesshomaru your house, rest early, you two must be tired.” Lady Kaede says.

 

“Thank you Lady Kaede.” I say giving her a smile. 

 

I gently pull Sesshomaru’s hand and he walks beside me. We arrive outside of the familiar hut that we eat in and have tea in months before. It’s been months indeed, the house has been rebuilt making it look more stable and grand, in fact, mostly all of the houses in the village has been rebuilt. The village looks wonderful. Sesshomaru and I follow after them into the house, a bigger table is set in the middle on of the room, mats neatly set on the ground around it. Plates of food were set on the table, it looks lavishing. Lady Kaede sits down first, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, the twins and their son sits down next, Sesshomaru and I sit down after them, and then Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha sits across from Sesshomaru, Kagome across from me. 

 

“Tonight’s dinner is the return and welcoming of Sesshomaru and __________ into our family and village, also, to your marriage.” Lady Kaede announces. 

 

I bow to them in gratitude, Sesshomaru gives a slight bow with his head. We begin to eat. I know Sesshomaru doesn’t eat human food, but seeing him trying makes me happy. All of us talked, he on the other hand stayed quiet. I can’t blame him or force him to talk, it’s not his personality to converse much, especially to people. Regardless, just to have him here is enough, everyone else seem to understand Sesshomaru perfectly well enough. The atmosphere is still lively though, which is nice. I feel like I’m back home again, except I’m home with my second family. I occasionally glance over to Sesshomaru who’s eating quietly and gracefully beside me, his eyes are closed. The magenta stripes on his eyelids perfectly accenting his fair skin, his long white hair trailing behind his back. I would then glance over to Inuyasha who’s sitting across from him. Right away you can just see the resemblance between the two siblings, their golden eyes, hair, the strong aura around them. If I didn’t know these two prior, even at first glance, Inuyasha’s big round eyes and spikey and flared hair tells me that he’s the younger one of the two, his loud and energetic personality tells me that as well. Sesshomaru on the other hand, although same hair color, but the sleekness of it makes him look more mature. His sharp and defined eye shape, quiet personality, and the more controlled composure tells me that he’s older and the more mature one. Of course, when it comes sibling quarrels, you can tend to lose that composure. 

 

“So Sesshomaru, since you’re married now, should I be expecting a nephew or niece soon?” Inuyasha asks randomly out of the blue.

 

“It’s not of your concern.” Sesshomaru replies with his eyes still closed.

 

“Why isn’t it my concern? I’m just asking you if you’re going to have children or not?! It’s not like I’m starting a fight with you.” Inuyasha retorts.

 

“I know, but you don’t need to worry about___________ and I. You should think about your family Inuyasha, we can take care of ourselves.” Sesshomaru replies calmly.

 

“I don’t need you to tell me that, Kagome and I are perfectly fine.” Inuyasha says annoyed.

 

“Exactly, you get the point now.” Sesshomaru says.

 

“Ugh, why are your eyes closed? You tired or something?” Inuyasha asks Sesshomaru with a furrowed brow.” 

 

“No, I just don’t want to look at you.” Sesshomaru replies opening his eyes and narrowing them at Inuyasha.

 

At this point, Inuyasha looks like he’s about grab Sesshomaru and smack him. Kagome and I look at each other and we try to hold back a laugh. A few years back, Sesshomaru wouldn’t have hesitated to attack Inuyasha or vise versa. Now, they’re just fighting with their mouth, just like how some siblings would. I suppose it’s an upgrade from hatred to annoyance on both of their part. Kagome grabs onto Inuyasha’s dog ears to try to tame him, and no sooner Inuyasha starts yelling. I give Sesshomaru a nudge on the elbow, he glances over to me. I give him a look that says “cut it out.” with a small smile. Sesshomaru then closes his eyes again. We finish dinner together, Sesshomaru stays for a bit of tea time that became a part of our daily night routine when I was staying here a few months back. Lady Kaede, Sango, Kagome, Miroku, Shippo, and I had normal conversations. Sesshomaru sips his tea quietly, and Inuyasha glares at Sesshomaru the whole time with a frown on his face. We talk, and time ticks by in seconds to minutes to hours. 

 

“I think it’s time you and Sesshomaru rest, it’s been a long 3 days for you too. Come on I’ll show you to your room.” Lady Kaede says getting up. 

 

“Yes, I am a little tired. Thank you so much again for preparing all of this for us.” I say to them.

 

“What are you talking about_______? We’re family now.” Sango says taking my hand in hers.

 

I give her a big smile and a nod. We stand up and we all head outside, the bright moonlight shines down upon the village, giving the whole area a silver wash. I inhale the fresh air, and let the feeling wash over me. 

 

“Thank you for the prepared dinner, I have some business to take care of. I’ll see you in a while_________.” Sesshomaru says before walking away towards the exit of the village. 

 

“Isn’t he a weird one.” Inuyasha says looking up at the sky with his arms crossed.

 

“I’m sure he has something important to take care of.” I reply with a smile as I watch Sesshomaru disappear.

 

“You sure understand him quite well.” Miroku says.

 

“I know he doesn’t talk much and seem cold, but in these few months I have seen a whole different side of Sesshomaru. The compassionate, the loving side of him. He started out cold towards me as well, but love can change a person greatly when you help them to open up and see what and who is in front of them, and help them come to terms with those feelings.” I tell them. 

 

Sango and Kagome both gives me a smile in agreement. Miroku helps carry my bundle and Inuyasha carries ny koto, we walk a little out of the village, somewhere a bit more isolated a bit more isolated. There are still houses nearby but our house had no houses beside us, it’s different from the hut that I stayed in before. It’s a well built single room with strong wood, it’s big enough for 4 people. I can tell it’s just recently constructed.

 

“It’s beautiful.” I say to them admiring the house. 

 

“Knowing Sesshomaru, he might want some quietness. So we built this house somewhere with more privacy for the two of you. Of course, if things change, there are always vacant houses closer to the heart of the village.” Kagome says. 

 

“Thanks for the consideration you guys. It seems like “thank you’s” are the only words I could say today.” I say to them with a smile. 

 

“We’re just doing what family members would do for one another, it’s nothing to thank us about. The only thing we ask for return is your happiness with Sesshomaru.” Miroku says with a smile.

 

I nod.

 

“Get some rest, your new future starts tomorrow, sister.” Inuyasha says with a smirk.”

 

“Thanks Inuyasha. Or should I say, little brother.” I say to him with a smirk of my own.

 

“Hey! I am older than you by hundreds of years you know.” Inuyasha retorts back.

 

We all burst out laughing, I bid then goodnight and each a hug. I open the door to our new home with my koto and bundle in my arm and hand. When I lay my eyes in the room, it’s absolutely captivating. The room is big and spacious, candles lit around the room giving the room a flaming orange veil. A big futon is nicely placed on the wooden floor with two pillows. A beautiful wooden table is placed behind the futon, a window is built in facing the open forest. I put down my bundle and koto. I unwrap my koto and place it beside the table and I unwrap my bundle. I place it on the table and I kneel down on the mat. The wooden box that Sesshomaru’s mother gave me, the fragrant olive bottle from Sesshomaru himself, and the wedding kimono are beautifully displayed in front of me. As I look at these precious possessions of mine, I realize that I can perhaps put them all into good use tonight. I glance up to look at a filckering candle, although he didn’t tell us or myself where is going, I have a hunch on where he might be. I mentally let out a smile. I place the wooden box gently on the middle of the table, I place the bottle next to it. I unfold the wedding kimono and place it on the futon, I then untie my obi and shed my current kimono. I then put on the wedding kimono and tie the obi around my waist, I restyle my long hair and pin it up with my hairpin. I then open the fragrant olive perfume and dab a bit of the scent on my wrist and neck. Immediately the sweet scent fills the room.  The long sleeves of my kimono moves with me as I turn to look at the afterlook, it’s beautiful. I then head outside, the village now is quiet and serene. I head towards the flower field where all of this began. The moonlight guides my way, and no sooner, the edge of the flower field appears in my view. The last time I was here, the flowers are just starting to bloom as the snow melted, now, the field is lavishly green with already bloomed flowers spreading vastly across the field as far as the eye can see. Standing in the center of the field, is Sesshomaru. The moonlight luminating his outline, making him look like an illusion and god. His back is facing me unaware of my arrival, beside him is A-Un and Jaken. I realize that’s what the important business was, I remember him telling me that he left A-Un and Jaken behind to come find me. He’s finally reunited with them and regrouped with them like he said. I smile as I watch him standing there like a statue. I walk into the field towards them, as I approach them, Jaken’s the first one to turn around. Then, the familiar high pitch voice of his echos the through the field. 

 

“Oh, Lady_________ is here!” Jaken shouts surprised and turning completely to face me. 

 

“Please Master Jaken, you don’t need to be so formal with me. Just treat me the way you have the first time we met, I don’t think I can get use to the formalities.” I say with a laugh.

 

Sesshomaru slowly turns around and our eyes meet, his eyes suddenly widens a little as he sees me. Just like always, his eyes reverts back with his normal composure. He then looks at my kimono and back to my eyes. 

 

“You finally found Jaken and A-Un again, it’s good to see them isn’t it? I ask Sesshomaru with a smile. 

 

“Ohh hoo, to be reunited with Lord Sesshomaru is wonderful!!” Jaken cries out. 

 

“Jaken, stop it.” Sesshomaru flatly says.

 

Jaken immediately stops. I give a small laugh. I walk over to A-Un and pat him on his two heads. 

 

“I hope you to have been well, it’s been forever almost.” I say to Jaken and A-Un.

 

“It has indeed, we went to go see Lord Sesshomaru’s mother and heard that you and Lord Sesshomaru has married. Congratulations!” Jaken says jumping up and down. 

 

“Thank you Master Jaken. Thank you for accompanying Sesshomaru for for centuries, sticking by him and such. You can rest assured that I’ll look after Sesshomaru well.” I say to Jaken.

 

“You’re not stealing my place are you?!” Jaken shouts.

 

“No Master Jaken, I’m just taking half of your job and making it mine now.” I say to him with a small laugh. 

 

Sesshomaru the whole time just watches the three of us in silence. 

 

“Lord Sesshomaru was just about to return to you, A-Un and I are planning on going a stroll in the sky. We will see you soon.” Jaken says.

 

Without another word he hops onto A-Un and they fly off into the night sky. It’s just Sesshomaru and I alone in the middle of the field, the two of us looks up at the moon surrounded by silence. The gentle night breeze blowing pass us, the small hair around my face gently flowing. 

 

“It’s nice to finally come back here, although it’s only been a few months, but it feels like a year or two already.” I say breaking the silence. 

 

“It does feel that way doesn’t it. Although it’s been a few months, we’ve went through a lot to get to this point.” Sesshomaru says.

 

“Very, emotionally more than anything else. We’ve overcome the obstacle eventually, especially on my part. I was weak, but you pulled me out of my darkest moment.” I say to him letting out a sigh. 

 

Sesshomaru turns to face me, I turn to face him as well. His amber eyes holds my gaze. He then holds out his right arm to me, I look at his hand and back at him. He shows me a gentle smile.

 

“Shall we head back? I’d like to spend tonight with my bride.” He says.

 

I smile at his words, and let out a giggle. I look back up at him.

 

“We’ve been married for 4 days already Sesshomaru, I don’t think the term “bride” applies now, I think “wife” is the right term no?” I ask him with a smile.

 

“Technically it’s 5 days now since our marriage, but seeing you in this wedding kimono at this moment, I’m seeing you as my bride, not as my wife. Tomorrow you’ll be wife. Shall we go?” He asks me.

 

I look over his eyes and I smile. I place my hand in his and we head back to our house, I lead him back since he doesn’t know which one it is. I open the door for him and Sesshomaru enters, I enter after him and shut the wooden door. I turn around and I see Sesshomaru standing in front of the table, he kneels down to pick up something. I  remove my sandals and walk up to him, his back is facing me. 

 

“Sesshomaru? Is everything alright?” I ask him.

 

Without answering, he turns around and in his hand is the wooden box that his mother gave me. He walks up to me with mere inches between us, one hand he holds the box, the other lifts my left arm up. He then opens the beautifully wooden box.

 

“It’s time for me to give this to you.” Sesshomaru says.

 

Sesshomaru lifts up a bracelet made of white pearls, dangling from the center is a beautifully polished blue stone within a border of gold. Sesshomaru slides it onto my wrist. I admire the beautiful present that his mother gave me. I finally know what it is and at a moment like this, I do find it to be the right moment for such gift. 

 

“It’s beautiful Sesshomaru. I wish I can thank mother for this.” I tell him.

 

“You did that day, so you don’t need to anymore.” He tells me.

 

“Still, I thanked her without knowing what it was. Receiving such beautiful and precious wedding gift is something to be grateful for.” I say to him with a smile. 

 

“Be happy and that’s enough.” Sesshomaru says to me.

 

“I will be, I have been given such a beautiful wedding gift, and I have a precious and rare gift that is you. I’m happy, are you happy?” I ask him.

 

“If you are, then I am. Are you tired?” He asks me suddenly.

 

I got taken off guard by his sudden question. 

 

“No, I’m alright. Why is something the matter?” I ask him.

 

“If you aren’t, then I would like to make love to my bride. Allow me to give you my love to you tonight till morning rises.” Sesshomaru says with a warm smile without fazing.

 

His words makes my heart beat faster in an instant, my face begin to heat up. I don’t think I could keep a straight face while saying such intimate words if our position were changed. But regardless, knowing that he wants to make love to me tonight makes my heart pound with happiness. It’ll be the first night that we’ll officially spend together since we married, we made love before as lovers, but tonight it will be as the bride and groom. Then when morning rises, like Sesshomaru said, we will then become husband and wife. I look down at the bracelet, Sesshomaru is gently holding onto my hand. I look back up into his bright amber gold eyes that seems to be holding fire from the flickering candles in the room. 

 

“Love me till morning rises, and in return, I’ll love you till morning rises.” I say to him with passion and love building up inside of me.

 

Sesshomaru let’s out a content smile, the hand that’s holding my hand slowly and gently start to glide up my arm. The sensation gives me goosebumps, his smooth skin against mine feels heavenly. The first time we made love, Sesshomaru told me what to do and guided my hands with his words to remove his clothes. It was also for me to get use to his bare body, but now, I have nothing fear. Without knowing, my right hand goes to his two swords secured to his hip. I pull them out of his obi, and place them gently on the ground beside us. I stand up and look into his eyes.

 

“Are you scared?” He asks me like he did that night.

 

I give him a smile this time and shake my head.

 

“No, this time I’m not scared anymore. Never will I be again.” I tell him quietly.

 

Both of my hands then go to his yellow silk obi, I untie it slowly and then place it on the ground beside his swords.