Our First Words In The Snowy Field

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

The snow started to fall a tiny bit harder, although it's the evening now. The day became long, it's still bright out. The snowflake falling gently onto the ground almost makes the world around me slow down in time. I smile as I hear Rin laughing and talking to her Lord Sesshomaru, hearing her having a wonderful time with someone so dear to her is heartwarming. I left and went to go find Kagome and Lady Kaede, I helped them prepare for dinner. About half an hour later, the food became all set, Inuyasha and Miroku comes back just in time along with Shippo. 

 

"Welcome back Inuyasha, Miroku." I say to them with a bow.

 

"Thank you for the welcome__________, please no need to be so polite to us." Miroku says with a kind smile, dusting off the snow.

 

"Hey_________, looks like your day was quite fun seeing the smile on your face." Inuyasha says with a stretch and shaking off the snowflakes on his shoulder.

 

"It was alright, I got the chance to know everyone a bit more. It was a lovely day." I said with a smile.

 

Kagome walks up to Inuyasha and kisses him on the cheek and guides him to sit down. Miroku stretches out his arm and his twin girls and son runs to him, Sango looks at them with a doting smile. Seeing such beauty and warmth from them makes me feel so at home. After the warm gathering we all sit down, when Rin runs in with a new kimono on and with her hair still in the braids that I did earlier.

 

"Sorry I'm late everyone!" Rin says bowing and sitting down.

 

"Heard that Sesshomaru came by Rin, seems like it was a nice visit. You also got a new kimono from him." Kagome says with a smile. 

 

"It was a nice visit, yes, he brought me this new kimono and it's beautiful. I think it fits perfectly with the braids that big sister_________ did for me as well." Rin says happily.

 

"It looks beautiful on you____________. Say, isn't Lord Sesshomaru eating with us?" I asked looking at everyone.

 

"Oh Lord Sesshomaru left after dropping by, he never really stays long." Rin says picking up her bowl. 

 

"You don't need to call him "Lord" Sesshomaru___________, he never eats with us because he doesn't eat human food. So you don't need to worry about him." Inuyasha says eating his rice. 

 

"Oh... I see.. still, I would like to meet him." I said picking up my bowl.

 

"You haven't met him yet___________? Did you not meet him outside of Rin's hut?" Kagome asked surprised.

 

"Well, I bumped into him but we didn't talk or anything, he just kind of walked passed me." I said quietly.

 

"Not a surprise, Sesshomaru doesn't talk much, especially to humans since he's a demon. But he seems to have a soft side to Rin. He's not a bad person, he's just hard to get close to and he's just recently started working on his human accepting phase. So don't take it personally if he doesn't talk to you___________." Sango says helping her son with his food. 

 

"Oh... I see." I said putting a slice of meat into my mouth, my eyes gazed downwards.

 

An hour went by, we finished eating after enjoying a nice dinner. The guys turned in after bidding us ladies goodnight. Rin went to bed too, and I helped Sango tuck in her children. Shippo went to bed as well. Lady Kaede went to the shrine and said she'll turn in after. Kagome prepared tea for us as Sango and I came back. We sat down and enjoyed a nice tea session with small chats. 

 

"I heard from Rin herself that her parents died when she was really young. It must've been really hard for her." I said. 

 

"Yes, poor Rin's family were killed by bandits, but good thing that she met Inuyasha's brother Sesshomaru. He took her with him on his journey to find Naraku, but he never put her in danger." Kagome says sipping her tea.

 

"She seem to like Sesshomaru very much, her laughter and smiles says it all. I can see just how dear he is to her." I said with a smile.

 

"It's a given, Sesshomaru did bring her back to life once when she was mauled by wolves, he was her guardian practically. He was practically her family if I must say." Sango says.

 

"You mean Rin actually died once? Can't imagine her life ending at such a young age, she has a whole life in front of her. Thank goodness Sesshomaru brought her back to life. It's nice to see her having such a strong bond with a demon, it's a not common is it?" I asked looking at them.

 

"It's not common, but it doesn't exist. For example, although Inuyasha is a half demon he is still a demon, he and I are married and are happy together. And of course, Rin and her close bond with Sesshomaru and his other companions, Jaken and A-Un." Kagome says with a laugh. 

 

"I suppose you're right Kagome, I always wondered if demons and humans can get along. When I was younger, there were always words or demons attacking villages and I actually came upon one in the last village, I almost lost my life actually." I said taking a sip of my tea. 

 

"You did? Were you injured? Thank goodness you're ok, did someone save you?" Sango asked surprised putting down her cup.

 

"No I'm not hurt or anything, thanks for the concerns. Well, the only injury I got was this." I said showing them the cut on my left hand.

 

"Did someone do that? Such beautiful skin to be ruined with a scar, especially for a talented koto player like you_________." Kagome said taking my hand.

 

"It's fine, the person who did this actually was the one who saved me from the demon that almost killed me." I said with a small smile.

 

"Oh and who was that?" Sango asked.

 

"It was Sesshomaru, but then I didn't know his name. He saved me by killing the demon bird, he used this demonic green whip of his that came out of his fingertips. He sliced the demon's head off, but the whip ricocheted off the demon's hard organic wing guards and the tip of his whip sliced my hand." I explained.

 

"I see, I bet he doesn't even know that he hurt you." Kagome tsked. 

 

"Wait so you met Sesshomaru prior to coming to our village?" Sango asked. 

 

"It wasn't intentional so I don't expect to get an apology or anything. Yes, but we never talked, I wanted to thank him for saving me but he was resting when I saw him again the next day. So instead I played a song on my koto in the distance to show my gratitude instead." I said.

 

"That's really sweet of you_________. It's a beautiful way to say thank you. I do think it'll be nice to actually talk to him in person and tell him that. Even if it's just once." Kagome says with a smile.

 

"I want to too, but I never interacted with a demon before, it's a little nerve wracking." I said with a small laugh. 

 

"I'm sure it is, but I think Sesshomaru is a lot better than a few years back don't you think Kagome? Just give it a try, I'm sure he won't hurt you since he learned compassion towards humans. It'll just be a bit difficult to talk to him, but I think telling your gratitude won't hurt." Sango says putting down her tea.

 

"Indeed, but I have to say, it's hard to track him down and get him to stay put in one area. Since he's probably back in his sky domain now, you'll probably have to catch him next time he comes visit Rin." Kagome says.

 

"I see, then I'll wait till next time then." I said setting my tea down, now cold.

 

"Sesshomaru comes visit Rin about every 1 to 2 weeks, so it won't be long. I'm beat, I'm going to turn in now. You guys heading to bed too?" Kagome said getting up and stretching. 

 

For a Miko, Kagome seems pretty lively and well not miko life. Not it's a bad thing though, she just seems different than all the other mikos or priestess that I've seen who are all composed and serious. It's nice to see Kagome so different and confident.

 

"Yea I'm tired too, the girls want to go play in the snow tomorrow. Who knows how long that'll be. You turning in_________?" Sango says getting up as well. 

 

"Not quite yet for me, I want to practice my koto a little while before I head to bed. I'll go to the flower field so I won't bother you all." I said getting up. 

 

"This late? Well alright, it's winter so dress warm before you go alright? Don't stay out too long. Night_________." Kagome says.

 

I nodded, Sango and Kagome left the big hur with a wave. I cleaned up the tea cups and went outside. The moon finally came out, the snow covered the whole village in a thin layer or sparkling white. Although it's night time, the whole world was covered in a white reflecting the moon's light. I went to my hut and retrieved my koto, grabbed a blanket and headed towards the flower field that was a bit out of the village not too far away. The snow gently drifts down on the way their, when I arrived, the whole field is covered in a sheet of white, the trees around the edge of the vast field were carrying a load of snow on their bare branches. I went to the middle of the field, laid down my blanket and sit down onto it, I placed another blanket on my lap and placed the koto onto my lap. The mountains in front of me in the distants are luminated by the moon. It was a beautiful scene. I warmed up my fingers with my breath and placed them onto the strings. I closed my eyes and started playing a tune. As I played, I thought of Sesshomaru. Without knowing a smile came on my face as I remembered seeing him again, and so up close earlier. I played and played until my fingers started going numb, I stopped for a bit and looked at the crescent moon. I smiled and placed my fingers on the strings again.

 

"One more song and I'll head back." I said to myself. 

 

I started playing and I played the tune that I composed that day, the same song that expressed my gratitude to Sesshomaru. I played slowly and emotionally, the snow gently landing on my braided hair. A few minutes went by and I finally finished. I took a deep breath and looked at the moon again. I could see the white of my breath in this cold weather. 

 

"Time to head back. My face and nose are red probably." I said to myself.

 

I got up, wrapped up my blanket and dust the snow of my shoulder and hair. I picked up my koto and turned to my right to head back. I turned and stopped in my track. Not far away, standing in the flower field looking up at the moon is a person. His white kimono seem as white as ever, his yellow obi in front of him tied beautifully. The bundle of fur resting gently on his right shoulder and travels behind him. His long silver hair resting behind his back almost touching the ground. His face in profile is mesmerizing, as always. It's Sesshomaru. The winter air gently blows throughout the field. He is still as a statue, but his hair, kimono and the fur swayed in the air. I took a breath and walked towards him. I walked slowly towards him, I didn't want to rush up to him and to realize that maybe he's an illusion. Because Kagome and Sango said that he left. I finally stopped a few feet away from him, he didn't move but continued staring at the moon.

 

"Lord Sesshomaru, I was told by Rin, Kagome, Sango, and Inuyasha that you left. Didn't know you were still here." I said looking at him and holding tightly to my koto.

 

He didn't respond but continued to stare at the moon. My heart begins to beat faster. I tried to start up another conversation.

 

"It's nice to finally meet you officially. Uhm I don't know if you recognize me or not, but I've been wanting to say thank you for saving me a few days back when a demon attacked the village that I was in." I said looking at his side profile.

 

There is a wave of silence, and I became nervous, not knowing what to expect from this situation. I mean... I'm talking to a demon here, maybe my wish of wanting to befriend a demon might have been a wish that is way over my head. The field became really quiet, he didn't speak and I didn't speak and I held my breath, the wind then gently blows. Sesshomaru than turns his head slightly towards me and once again his amber eyes met mine, they were like chains locking me in his gaze. I couldn't look away, not because I'm scared, but because they are gorgeous. Then in a low but captivating voice, Sesshomaru speaks to me.

 

"Are you scared of me?" Sesshomaru finally asks me, holding me still with his gaze.

 

At the moment, I felt everything slowed down. Including the fall of the snowflakes.