A Promise Made To Life

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

I feel a cool breeze on my , I open my eyes slowly still drowsy. It's still slightly dark, but the sun is slowly rising beyond the horizon. Dawn is coming. I'm laying on my stomach, my faces the sky. I look in front of me and I see Sesshomaru laying on his back, his head is turned slightly towards my side. His eyes are closed, the magenta stripes on his eyelids are so define and elegant. The magenta stripes on his cheeks gives his face that elegant look, and of course the crescent moon on his forehead is perfect. His bangs lightly covers his forehead. His bare fair muscular chest rising and falling lightly as he sleeps. The blanket covering both of our lower half, Sesshomaru's bundle of fur lay underneath us acting as out pillow. His pure white hair and my black one lay around his, our clothes discarded lightly around us. I gently gaze at Sesshomaru, the memories of a few hours ago comes back to me beautifully. Sesshomaru and I made love, and in that moment I couldn't be any happier. I gently lift my hand to his bangs, I lightly brush aside the silk like hair of his to reveal his forehead. His face looks so calm, I know I've seen his calm face countless of times but I don't really think they were actually... calm. But at this moment, he looks truly at peace. I gently place my index finger onto hid forehead and slowly trace down his tall nose bridge, he slightly furrows his brows a little at the sudden touch. I smile at his reaction, I then retreat my finger and I slowly sit up. I pull the blanket up and use it to cover my chest, the sky is slowly becoming brighter. My hair falls behind my back, I look at the horizon, the cool morning air brushes against my arm. Now that we confessed our love and gave ourselves to each other, should it be time for us to...

"You seem to be deep in thought." A monotone voice cuts through my thoughts."

I turn to the side to look at Sesshomaru, he slowly opens his eyes and his golden amber eyes looks up at me.

"Good morning, my love." I say to him with a smile.

Sesshomaru gives a surprising look and sits up slowly, he also looks up at sunrise.

"My love?" What happened to calling my name?" Sesshomaru asks me.

"You don't like it? If you don't like it I can go back to calling you Sesshomaru or even Lord Sesshomaru." I tell him.

"Up to you to decide, but I do have to say hearing my name from you now sounds a bit distance." He says with a the slightest smile.

"Alright, guess I'll just stick with that." I reply and I turn to look at the sky again.

I return to my thoughts again. I suppose Sesshomaru noticed.

"So what is on your mind?" He asks me again.

My smile slowly becomes neutral.

"I've been thinking... although you're a daiyokai, but you're also of noble status in the demon world. But regardless of being a demon or not, you are of noble status. Don't you feel regretful or shameful of doing something like this with me when we're not even married? Doesn't that taint your pride in any way?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru looks at me, his brows slightly furrowed.

"Being of noble status does not apply in situations like this, it's not important to me. Although it is deemed inappropriate for two people to consummate before marriage in this time era, but in the demon world, I would like to make my own rules. But, if it pleases you and make you feel at ease, then you want us to be married?" He asks me looking at me with golden amber eyes.

"Are you sure this is what you really want Sesshomaru? Won't you mind marrying a human like me?" I ask him searching his eyes.

"I've told you before___________, I fell in love with a human, we gave ourselves to each other, I wouldn't mind marrying a human at this point. Only if it's you." Sesshomaru says.

"Well... you can't blame a girl for asking. We have insecurities and worries, for the ones we love and occasionally for ourselves. If you have no regrets, then I will never feel any either." I tell him with a smile.

"Good, I suppose humans are just like this. But I suppose it's what makes them interesting. So I suppose the question you humans ask each other is, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" He asks me slightly looking away.

I laugh at him avoiding me slightly, I can tell he's a bit embarrassed by such words. But my heart feels so happy hearing those words from him, although I kind of forced this conversation, but I'm happy to hear that he does not regret loving me. And that he does not mind marrying me, a human. I take his hand and I hug him, Sesshomaru holds me as well.

"Of course I will Sesshomaru, I know we haven't known each other long or interacted as much as we would've hoped, but I think we've come a long way emotionally. I may sound pathetic, but I've been waiting for such happiness for so long. I still can't believe it finally came true." I tell him quietly.

Sesshomaru releases me and looks at me straight in the eye. He places his cool hands on each side of my cheeks, I place my hand on his.

"If it was years before, I would've thought it's pathetic. I would've never imagine such day would exist either, but things has changed, and it has changed me as well. I feel more human than I've ever been, although born a demon is what I am, but feeling human emotions is quite unique and new. I suppose it's not a bad thing." Sesshomaru says looking deeply into my eyes.

"You know, you're changing more into Inuyasha. I like it." I say with a small laugh.

Sesshomaru looks away and frowns slightly.

"I'm turning into Inuyasha... I feel like that's the greatest insult to me." Sesshomaru mutters.

"Insult? I think it's a nice compliment. You two are brothers after all, regardless if he's a half-demon or not. I know you act cold, but I believe deep down you care about him. Correct me if I'm wrong?" I ask him with a small laugh.

Sesshomaru turns back to look at me, his furrowed brows slightly loosens.

"I suppose you understand me quite well. It seems you are a good match for me." He says with a slight smile.

"Wow, I feel so honored to be your other half. No but seriously, for you to come find me when I didn't have the guts to tell you my feelings, it's one of the greatest thing to ever to happen to me." I say to him.

"I suppose you are welcome, the past is the past, we should look forward to our future. Should we not?" He asks me.

I nod and smile. I lean in and kiss him on his smooth lips, Sesshomaru returns my kiss. It's passionate, filled with happiness and taste of gratefulness. I release him and lean my forehead against his.

"The sun's still slowly rising, I'm still a bit drowsy. Let's head back later in the day. I'd like to tell my parents the good news, I want to let them know that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you." I say to him.

"As you like, I suppose I shall talk with my mother about that as well." Sesshomaru says.

I nod, I lay down back onto the blanket, Sesshomaru does the same and we look at each other. I pull the blanket up and cover both of us, I inch myself closer to him and rest my head against his chest. I close my eyes and I soon fall into another peaceful slumber next to the one I love. A dream allows time to pass by quickly. I open my eyes to a soft touch against my bangs, brushing them aside gently. I slowly look up and I realize it's Sesshomaru's touch, he's clad in his pure white kimono once again, his swords are back on his hips. He's sitting beside me and gently my hair, he's all dressed the only thing missing from his attire is his bundle of fur. I sit up quickly remember that we used it as a pillow last night. I hold onto the blanket close to me, I look around ,the sun is high in the sky the grass is green and the sky is blue. My kimono is laying beside me neatly.

"I'm sorry for over sleeping, how long were you waiting for me?" I ask him grabbing my kimono.

"You don't need to apologize, I suppose last night has tired you out." He says looking into the distance.

My face begin to blush remembering last night all over again, we got to see another side of each other completely. I smile and quickly put on my kimono. Sesshomaru helps me up and I pack up my koto and blankets, Sesshomaru places his bundle of fur back onto his attire and shoulder.

"You ready to head back and talk with your parents?" He asks me.

"Yes I am, I suppose I can finally let my parents rest easy. Marriage has been a big But I have to explain to them that my love is a great Daiyokai." I say with a small laugh.

"I'll have to let my mother know of the news as well." Sesshomaru says looking up at the sky.

Sesshomaru and I head back to my town, we arrive back mid afternoon. Sesshomaru and I stop just on the outskirt of town where I places Hidzume, Hidzume is gone but I know that someone from our estate probably took him back home. I turn and look at Sesshomaru, he turns his head to look at me.

"Guess it's time for us to part, we have some things to talk about with our parents. My parents don't know that you're a demon yet, I told them that I would let them meet you one day. I hope I can soon, if you don't mind?" I ask him.

"I won't mind, it's a custom. I'll find you after I meet my mother." Sesshomaru says.

"Thank you Sesshomaru, and yes I'll wait for you. I can't wait to introduce you to them." I say with a smile.

We parted, I head back to town, and Sesshomaru returns back to his sky palace. When I return, I go to the stable first to see if Hidzume is there. Hidzume is safe and sound and eating hay. I smile and head inside the estate. Since it's the afternoon, I assume my parents are eating. I head to the eating hall and there they are just starting to eat.

"Father, mother. I'm home." I greet them

"_________! You're home! Where have you been?" My mother asks me surprised.

"Sorry, I was out all night with someone. We went on a trip together and it took the whole night. Sorry for not letting you know, it was sudden." I say to them.

"Well you're not a child anymore, I suppose it's alright. But I wonder, who this person you were with was." My father says.

"Could it be that special person?" My mother asks me.

"Yes mother, it was. We took the trip to yesterday to... get to know each other better and figure things out. Mother, father, I know you have been worried about my future and my marriage problem, but I would like to tell you, the special person and I have promised to spend our future together." I tell them sitting properly.

Both of my parents drop their chopsticks and look at each other with surprised, but then back at me with a smile.

"That's great news! I'm so happy for you__________. To finally see that you found your happiness and finally reached one of your peaks on your youth is such great news!" My mother says with a big smile.

"Thank you for your happiness for me. But before I ask for your blessings, I would like to tell you about this special person." I tell them.

"Of course go ahead, we would like to know about him." My father says.

"Alright, well... his name is Sesshomaru. He's a daiyokai." I say slowly.

Their eyes went wide as they hear the word "Daiyokai"

"A daiyokai. He's a demon, how on earth did you fall in love with a demon and him falling in love with you?" My mother asks me with concern in her voice.

"Well, we didn't really start off like any other people in love. He's a great demon and I'm a human, he actually didn't see humans in a good light years before. He's the older brother of the half-demon Inuyasha, they had such a long journey together a few years back. He was someone who didn't know what love and compassion was, and he saw us as inferior because he is a demon. But along the way he saved a young girl named Rin, she taught him compassion and gave him a glimpse of love. If it wasn't for Rin, I don't think he and I would be together today.  We both fell in love sooner than we realized, but there were complications. Them being him a demon and me a human, but then I thought about Inuyasha and his wife, Kagome who are two of my closest friends. We had unspoken minds and thoughts, so we didn't tell each other what we thought and felt. Although we didn't tell each other our feelings, Sesshomaru didn't see me as inferior to him or anything. He followed me back here without me knowing and watched over me this whole time, he saved me multiple times on my trip, all these scars on my body were reminders that I'm still alive because of him. We let each other go, but realized that we're each other's significant other. He came back to me because I couldn't find the courage to go back to him. Although Sesshomaru's a great and powerful demon, he has changed drastically and beautifully. He's able to see the beauty of love and compassion. He said that although he's born a demon, he's no different than us humans on the inside." I tell them remembering everything that has happened in these past few months.

"We're still a bit concerned that you and a great demon are together, we don't understand their kind at all..." My mother says.

"I know that you are worried, I didn't understand demons either before the journey, we only heard about rumors and legends. Yes there are demons out that are evil and dangerous, but after meeting Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, I found that there are demons out there who are kind and knows compassion and love. After meeting each other, I can tell Sesshomaru has changed drastically and he changed me as well, for the better." I tell them with a smile.

"I see, I suppose we have no reason to decline this harmonious tie then. Also he's a great demon who has saved you, we would be honoured to welcome this marriage." My father says.

"We're no debt to each other, I'm not marrying him because I'm in debt to him for saving me. We're marrying because we love each other. I have scars and imperfections, but he loves me regardless. I know I haven't brought him to you yet, but I'm hoping that I can soon. Thank you for understanding." I say to them with a bow.

"No need to thank us, we should all be happy that you found your love and going to spend the rest of your happiness together. Get some rest__________, have you decided when on a day to marry?" My mother asks me.

"Well I'm not sure yet, Sesshomaru returned to his sky palace to speak with his mother. But I hope to have us meet first and then decide, but I don't know if I want a big wedding ceremony like Yorokobi's." I say with a small laugh.

"We understand, but you have our blessings, I suppose the rest us up to your Lord Sesshomaru. Rest well___________, we're extremely happy for you." My father says nodding.

"Thank you father, thank you mother." I say to them with a bow.

We ate lunch together and I head to my room to rest. I place my koto onto the ground and I open the window to my room, the late afternoon scene welcomes. The white fluffy clouds gently glides across the blue sky, the warm spring breeze making the trees and flowers sway. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I guess I got my side all figured out, it's up to Sesshomaru now." I thought to myself.

I turn around and sit down onto the matted ground and place the koto onto my lap, I place my fingers on to the strings and start playing. I close my eyes and let the notes flow from my fingertips, I could fall asleep at this moment. I think back to the months prior and everything that has happened, the good the bad, they are all precious to me. I decide to take a nap before dinner, I push aside my koto and lay out my futon. I lay down on it and close my eyes, the late afternoon sky has turned into early evening. I close my eyes and I can feel happiness inside of me, I eventually fall asleep. I wake up to a knock on my door, the sun has gone down and night has arrived.

"Dinner is ready_________." My mother says on the other side.

"I'll be right out." I answer.

I get up and smooth out my kimono, I open the door and head to the eating hall. My parents are waiting for me. I sit down and we begin to eat.

"If everything works out, where will you be staying?" My father asks me.

"I'm not sure yet, everything's still feels like a dream almost. I think thinking about the moment right now is what I should focus first, the future can wait a bit." I reply.

My parents nod in understanding. We enjoyed lunch together with normal conversations, afterwards we enjoyed a cup of tea. Surprisingly, it kind of reminded me of the times when I had tea with Kagome and the others. Thinking of them, it also gives me an idea on where I want to stay in the future. A few more hours went by and midnight is slowly coming, we all turn in. I change into my  nightware and smooth out my futon, I open my window and breath in the fresh night air. I grab my koto and sit down on my futon facing the window, I close my eyes in the moon lit room and start playing. I let my mind run free as the notes flow from my fingers, I don't even know how much time has passed but a gentle wind pulls me back to reality. I open my eyes and a shadow is on the ground blocking the moonlight in front of me, I look up and there he is sitting on the window ledge. I smile and stand up.