The Second Half Of My Life Begins

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

Sesshomaru’s mother shows a slight smile on her face after looking me over. 

 

“Nice to see you again my son, I see that you have brought_________ here. I must say she is a lovely woman.” His mother says.

 

Her voice is rich and it seems to echo slightly in the sky palace. 

 

“Yes, this is__________, the one that I love.” Sesshomaru answers his mother.

 

“It’s an honour to finally meet you My Lady.” I say to her.

 

She turns back to me.

 

“I can sense bravery and confidence in you, Sesshomaru has told me about you not too long ago. Sesshomaru use to be so quiet and expressionless, but he seems happy when he tells me about you.” She says to me.

 

I can hear Sesshomaru letting out a quiet,”ugh” beside me. I smile deep inside.

 

“I feel really happy hearing that, I’m happy when I’m with Sesshomaru, and knowing that he loves me back makes me even happier.” I say giving her a smile.

 

“Both his father and I have tried to teach him compassion and the value of life, I suppose a strong minded demon like him is hard to teach. Children will always be stubborn, but it seems like that little girl called Rin has made Sesshomaru change a little and shown him compassion, but it seems like you changed him the most.” She tells me.

 

“Mother...” Sesshomaru says flatly in an unamused tone.” 

 

“Seems like love is a strong magic. It can change someone into a completely different person.” I say looking at Sesshomaru with a smile.

 

“It does, doesn’t it. When you fell in love with my son, knowing that he was a demon, were you concerned child?” She asks me.

 

“When I fell in love with him, I didn’t care at all that he was a demon. Then somewhere in the middle of our “journey”, it did hit me that he is a Daiyokai and that I’m a human. I know Rin taught him compassion, but he was still in the process of accepting is humans. Knowing about him and his view towards humans, I believed that I will never have a place in his life. So I never told him my feelings, I thought then I could walk away with ease and let him find his happiness. Because at that time I thought he loved another person, and I believed, well I thought then that he didn’t have any type of feelings towards me like I did for him. So I let him go and returned home, wishing for his happiness and hoping he’ll chase after who he loves. Him being a Daiyokai soon began to eat away at me, I loved him but it was difficult everyday not being able to see him or have that short conversation with him. I almost gave up, but Sesshomaru came to find me and brought me back from darkness and my sadness. He told me everything and he told me his deepest feelings and made my feelings for him burn again. We then taught each other that when it comes to love, whether being a human or a yokai doesn’t matter at all. We are just living beings that just wants to love that person that we care about. I had many concerns and hardships, but Sesshomaru has helped me overcome them more than he knows.” I tell her straightly. 

 

Sesshomaru’s mother looks at me with his burning amber eyes as she listened to me. She closes her eyes and nods.

 

“Child, you have suffered greatly. Passion and love may be beautiful, but it can cause great pain as well. Knowing that you sacrificed your happiness for my son’s is very admirable, and I’m grateful for your sacrifice and carrying such sadness with you. You are brave indeed, mentally and emotionally. Sesshomaru has told me that he has asked your hand in marriage, it seems like my son has finally grown up. Seeing that my son is happy being with you, and you with him, I give you two my blessings on your marriage.” Sesshomaru’s mother says showing a small smile. 

 

I’m surprised hearing those words from her, I  become speechless for a few seconds but that overwhelming happiness pulls me back into reality.

 

“Thank you My Lady.” I say with a big smile.

 

Sesshomaru’s mother looks at me with a raising her eyebrow slightly with a confused a look. I begin to wonder if I said something wrong.

 

“My Lady? I assume you are married as of a few minutes ago, so shouldn’t I be your mother-in-law?” She asks me with a gentle smile.

 

“Yes, Mother, thank you for giving us your blessing. Everything feels like a dream.” I tell her with an embarassed smile.

 

“It’s human emotions, you don’t need to be embarassed. As a wedding gift, here is a gift to my daughter.” She says pulling out a small box from her kimono sleeves and hands it to me. 

 

It’s a palm sized wooden box with carvings on the surface, it’s smooth and beautiful. 

 

“Thank you mother, I love it.” I tell her.

 

“No need to thank me child, it’s not the box but the treasure it holds within it. Sesshomaru, I would like you put it on her when the right time comes.” She tells and then to Sesshomaru.

 

“I will.” Sesshomaru responds. 

 

“I said this before but you didn’t hear me then, you are becoming just like your father more and more.” She says to Sesshomaru. 

 

Sesshomaru takes my hand in his and I hold his in mine. Sesshomaru looks at me and I smile at him, this divine being beside me. 

 

“Sesshomaru also told me that he fell in love with your koto playing. Koto playing is divine and heavenly, it is an heavenly instrument. To have your music captivate my son’s attention is impressive. I would like to listen to your koto playing one day.” She says to me.

 

I smile at her words, Sesshomaru did tell her everything. I feel so happy, I hold the box close to my chest.

 

“I will, I’ll play for you one day mother. I’ll play it as best as I can for you when that day comes.” I tell her with a defermined smile.

 

“I’ll be waiting.” She responds with a beautiful smile. 

 

Sesshomaru’s hand gently squeeze mine, and I look at him.

 

“Thank you for your blessing mother, we shall take our leave now.” Sesshomaru says.

 

“I understand, I hope your happiness will be shared eternally between you two.” Sesshomaru’s mother says.

 

“We will.” I reply with a smile.

 

I bow to her, she nods and turns back towards the palace. Sesshomaru tugs on my hand and turns towards the stairs again, I give her one last glance and walk down the stairs with Sesshomaru. I hold onto Sesshomaru and close my eyes as he descends back down to earth. We spend the day walking around the vast plains, I’m still holding onto his hands. As of a few hours ago, we became married. No wedding ceremony were needed, our hearts tied together and our parents witnessed our love and approved of our engagement with open arms. It still feels like a dream, my heart is beating faster than usual and I feel warm inside. 

 

“We’re finally married. It still feels unreal to me.” I say to him looking at the afternoon sky.

 

“Dream all you like, but it’s reality. You’re my wife now.” Sesshomaru says. 

 

“You’re right, this is reality. You don’t regret this?” I ask him facing him.

 

Sesshomaru looks down at me. He glides his finger down my cheek.

 

“We came this far, we’re married now. If I had regrets I wouldn’t have ask your hand in marriage. Why? You happen to have regrets?” He asks me.

 

“Not at all, I’ve waited for this day to come to me, I’ve waited for the love of my life and fate made me find you. I’ll never feel regret of loving you, you’re my greatest gift Sesshomaru.” I tell him with a smile.

 

“You are my love, I don’t want you to feel insecure about anymore. You are my equal and you will stand beside me as my wife_________.” Sesshomaru says holding my cheeks.

 

I place my hand on his hands and nod with a smile. I then take his hand.

 

“Come on there’s a nice waterfall near my town, let’s go cool down.” I suggest to him. 

 

“Lead the way.” He says.

 

I let go of his hand with a smile and I run through the tall grass towards my hometown, I feel like a child all over again. I feel free and happy beyond description, I stretch our my arms and my long flowing kimono sleeves flow in the breeze. I turn in circles and I turn back to look at Sesshomaru, he’s walking through the tall grass behind me. He’s gazing at me with his beautiful eyes, his long snow white hair gently swaying as he walks through the plains. His kimono sleeves gently swaying beside him. Hs has a soft expression on his face as he’s looking at me. I lead him to the waterfall near my town, it’s in the middle of the forest. We stop under the waterfall on the bank, the spring water gathers together underneath the fall. 

 

“Let’s go in and rest a bit before the day ends.” I say turning to Sesshomaru. 

 

“You head in first. I’ll take a quick glance nearby to see if there’s anything out there.” He says to me.

 

“Alright. Don’t take too long.” I tell him.

 

“I won’t.” Sesshomaru says.

 

He then turns and walks gracefully back into the trees and disappears, I turn back to the water and take off my kimono and obi. I release my hair from it’s hairpin, place them on a rock and step into the cool and calming water. The cool water surrounds my bare skin causing my goosebumps to surface and then quickily smooths out again. I wade towards the other side of the water pool and then  lean against the rocky bank. I look around the beautiful scenery and it reminds me of the time when I had bathed underneath waterfalls before. They were nice, but this time it feels better. I submerge my head underwater like I did before, I hold my breath. My ebony hair flows around me like black smoke, I close my eyes and let the silence take over me for that brief moment. I then open my eyes and resurface. I wipe the water away from my face, I look up and back onto the bank and there is standing there looking at me with a calm expression. I smile as I see him.

 

“You want to come in?” I ask him.

 

“Turn around for a few seconds for me.” He tells me.

 

I’m confused but I complied to his request. I turn around and looked into the trees on my side of the bank. I didn’t know how long time passed but I assume a few seconds or so, I then feel a presence behind me. 

 

“Can I turn around now?” I ask out.

 

“You may.” I hear his voice right behind me that it gave me goosebumps.

 

I slowly turn around and I see his bare fair chest right in front of me. I knew he was close, but I didn’t know he was this close. The water submerges him up up to his lower chest, the water submerges me just over my chest. I can see his white hair floating on the surface like floating webs, I look up to his face which is so close to me. His golden eyes gently looking down at me, I feel happy just gazing at him. 

 

“Today has been a great day, I hope you’re feeling just happy as I am.” I say to him.

 

“I am. Seeing you happy is enough for me.” He answers me. 

 

“Let’s have some fun and relax for a while.” I say.

 

“I’m not the type to have fun...” Sesshomaru says flatly.

 

“Oh... That’s such a shame.” I say having a frown on my face and looking to the side a little bit. 

 

“But I’ll make an exception for my wife.” He suddenly says.

 

I look at him surprised. Sesshomaru lifts his hand and caresses my cheek, he then leans down and his lips captures mine. I’m surprised by his sudden affections but I welcome it fully. He then release my lips and lingers close to mine.

 

“I hope you can hold your breath long.” Sesshomaru says quietly.

 

“Sorry?” I ask him confused. 

 

Before I know it, his lips are back on mine. His hold on my cheek slowly holds tighter, his other arm wraps around my waist and then he pushes the both of us underwater. Our lips still connected, I hold onto his shoulders as both of our heads submerge in the water. Sesshomaru’s white hair and my black hair flow together around us, we are surrounded in both black and white silky clouds that also create gray ones. Sesshomaru’s mouth moves with mine, I didn’t have to take a deep breath but the thought of running out of breath isn’t on my mind at the moment, he is. I we both close our eyes and just kissed each other in the cool water, I eventually break the kiss. I pull his hand and we both surface for air, our hair are matted to our face. I look at Sesshomaru, his white hair reflects the sunlight from the water, his pink stripes on his eyes and cheeks seem brighter and more beautiful. The crescent moon on his forehead making him look like a water god with his gold eyes accompanying it. He is gorgeous. Sesshomaru brushes my matted hair away from my face and he gazes at me with a small smile.

 

“You look beautiful.” He says.

 

I look at him and smile at his words.

 

“You look gorgeous yourself Sesshomaru. I suppose when you’re deep in love with someone they look absolutely flawless and gorgeous in your eyes.” I say to him.

 

“I suppose it does.” Sesshomaru responds. 

 

“Come on let’s go under the waterfall.” I say.

 

Without waiting for his response, I smile and swim towards the waterfall. I look behind and I see Sesshomaru submerge his head underwater as he take a swim forward. A sudden rush of adrenaline goes through my body as I lose sight of him, I turn around and quickily swim towards the waterfall. I stop right underneath the waterfall and I turn around, I still can’t find Sesshmaru. I look around, all of a sudden he appears from the corner of my left eye. My eyes went wide as I just start to turn to face him. He pounces on me like I’m his prey, he wraps his strong arms around my waist and pushes us into the waterfall. I hold my breath this time as we both submerge ourselves, in between the raging water I feel Sesshomaru’s lips back on mine. I lift my hands and hold his face under the waterfall. We release each other and I can’t help but smile. We spend the next hour or so swimming around and enjoying the view, we lean against the bank in the water side by side. 

 

“How are Jaken and A-Un lately? I haven’t seen them in a while.” I ask him.

 

“They are fine, I told Jaken to look after A-Un for a while back close to Kaede’s village.” Sesshomaru replies.

 

“I see, so I suppose heading back to Lady Kaede’s village is a good idea then.” I say with a smile.

 

“I suppose it is, I’ll have to get Jaken and A-Un sooner or later.” Sesshomaru says.

 

“Do they know that you’re here with me?” I ask him curiously.

 

“No, I left them there, I need some alone time... personal time.” Sesshomaru says closing his eyes.

 

I let out a small laugh as I hear his words, I mean hearing him say such words is quite understandable. He’s a Daiyokai who’s over 500 years old and he’s been with Jaken and A-Un for centuries probably. Sesshomaru gently shifts his eyes to glance at me.

 

“You have a beautiful laugh_______.” He suddenly says.

 

“I’m glad to hear you say that.” I say to him. 

 

I take his hand in mine, he gently holds mine in his. I lean my head onto his shoulder and we enjoyed the moment together. The sun soon starts to set, we dried ourselves up, dressed ourselves, and Sesshomaru walks me back to my town.

 

“Do you want to stay the night? Or?” I ask him.

 

“I have some things to take care of tonight until tomorrow afternoon. So unfortunately I cannot stay the night with you.” He says to me.

 

“Oh, I see. I understand. Do you want to do anything after you return?” I ask him.

 

“Are you ready to retur to Kaede’s village tomorrow?” Sesshomaru suddenly asks me.

 

His words caught me off guard a little, it took me a few seconds but I respond with a smile.

 

“I am, I’m ready to go back and live with them. To start my life in such a beautiful place, to start the most beautiful part of my life with you Sesshomaru.” I say to him with a confident smile.

 

“It’s decided then, We’ll go back after I return tomorrow. Rest well tonight My Love.” Sesshomaru says gliding his finger down my cheek.

 

I step forward and stand on my toes a little to kiss him.

 

“See you soon My Love.” I say to him with a smile. 

 

I watch as Sesshomaru turns around and dashes off into the trees, I let out a sigh. We just got married today and unfortunately we can’t spend the night together, I know he has important things to do so, and I know we’ll have all the time in the future. I smile and head back home, I take out the box that his mother gave me as a wedding gift and slid my finger along the carvings, it reminds me of the fragrant olives perfume bottle that Sesshomaru gave me long ago. I arrive to my estate just in time for dinner, my parents are sitting at the table. 

 

“Mother, father I’m back.” I greet them.

 

“Welcome back__________. How was your visit to see Sesshomaru’s mother?” My mother asks me. 

 

“It went very well, she looks just like Sesshomaru. I had a heartfelt talk with her, she accepted me and gave us her blessings and gave me a wedding present.” I tell them with a smile.

 

“That’s wonderful dear, congratulations on your marriage once again.” My father says holding my hand.

 

“Thank you father, mother.” I say to him. 

 

We ate our dinner with laughs and casual conversations, it’s going to be my last dinner with them for the time being. After we finish dinner, we sat together for tea, we enjoyed the peaceful moment.

 

“Say, where is Sesshomaru?” My mother asks me.

 

“He has something to so till tomorrow afternoon, we the whole afternoon together at the waterfall.” I tell them.

 

“We see, I suppose being a great Daiyokai, he has important things to do.” My father says.

 

“Mother, father. I want to tell you, that I Sesshomaru and I are going to go the place where we want to spend the rest of our lives at.” I tell them.

 

They look surprised, they set their teacup down and look at each other.

 

“Oh? That’s wonderful. When?” They ask me. 

 

“We’re planning on leaving after he comes back tomorrow.” I tell them.

 

“So soon.” My mother says.

 

“It is indeed, but our daughter is ready to start the most beautiful part of her life now. She’s not a little girl anymore, she became a woman long ago, and she’s ready to fly. Where is this place_______?” My father asks.

 

“It’s the place that I stayed in on my journey. The people there are like my second family, Sesshomaru’s half-brother Inuyasha is there, Sesshomaru’s companions are there as well. It’s the place that I want to be.” I tell them.

 

“We understand. Your mother and I will be waiting for you to come back and visit in the future.” My father says.

 

“Thank you father, mother.” I say to them with a bow.

 

After tea, we all turn in. I change into my night wear and lay out my futon. I pick up my koto when someone knock on my door.

 

“Who is it?” I ask.

 

“________?” My mother’s voice answers on the other side.

 

“Mother? Come in.” I quickily reply.

 

The door opens and my both my parents comes in, my mother is holding a bundle with a string tied around it. 

 

“Is something the matter?” I ask them.

 

“Sit down________, we won’t be long.” My father says with a smile.

 

The three of us sit down on either side my futon, my mother then hands me the bundle.

 

“What is it?” I ask them.

 

“Your wedding gift from us.” My mother answers with a smile.

 

I look at the bundle and unwrap the string and opened it up. Within the bundle is a beautiful Hikifurisode wedding kimono, it is deep shade blue close to blue with a pinkish red obi with flowers patterns. 

 

“It’s gorgeous, thank you Mother and Father.” I thank them holding up the kimono.

 

“You’re welcome dear. Since you didn’t want a ceremony, we went out today and got you a present at least. It’s a special day for you so you deserve a special gift.” My mother says.

 

“Thank you so much. I’ll treasure it.” I say to them.

 

I give them a bow and hug them.

 

“Rest well, you’ll be setting on another journey tomorrow.” My father says.

 

“I will, rest well father and mother.” I say to them.

 

I bid them goodnight and they head back to their rooms. I look at the kimono again and thought back to my birthday. Then, my mother gave me a pale blue kimono to symbolize me becoming a year older, now, this deep blue kimono symbolizes the start of my married life. Such simple things can hold so much meaning in them. I place them back in the bundle and tie it back up, I then went to my treasure box and take out the fragrant olive bottle. I set it beside the box that Sesshomaru’s mother gave me. All three treasures sit side by side on my writing desk, I smile as I look out the moon. I put my koto beside the table, these 3 items are my most precious possessions. I’ll be taking them all with me tomorrow. I decide not to play my koto tonight, I lift the cover of my futon and lay down. 

 

“Goodnight Sesshomaru.” I say mentally. 

 

I close my eyes and let sleep take over me, tomorrow, a new journey awaits me.