An Endless Journey Towards Our Future

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and I finally arrive back to Lady Kaede's village, it's close to midnight now. When we enter into the village, I see Shippo outside jumping up and down shouting.

"They're back! Sango! Kagome! Miroku! ___________'s back!" Shippo yells.

A few seconds later, Miroku and the others comes running out of the big hut. Sango and Kagome's eyes lit up when they see me. They all come running up to the three of us. I let go of Sesshomaru's hand and Kagome and Sango hugs me tightly.

"___________! We were looking all over for you! We were so worried! Your clothes is a mess! Thank goodness you're alright! Are you hurt? Injured?" Sango asks me.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Thanks for trying to find me everyone, I'm sorry for worrying you." I say to them.

"Why are you apologizing for_________? Situations like this isn't something that neither you or we can control. It's been years since a demon has attacked around this area, so it was completely unexpected. We're just really glad you're safe now. We're sorry we couldn't do much, but thank goodness that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru saved you in time." Kagome says taking my hand.

"I thought you weren't coming back until another few days Sesshomaru." Miroku asks.

"I finished the negotiations early, so I returned as soon as I could." Sesshomaru answers flatly.

They all nod.

"Wasn't Suikyu with you guys? Where is he?" Sango asks.

"Suikyu is actually a demon, he's not going to be returning for a while, he went home. He helped us save_________ before leaving." Inuyasha answers.

"Suikyu is a demon?! That's so unexpected! He was able to conceal his true form. That's such a shame... wish he could've stopped by before he left, we want to thank him for saving_________." Miroku says.

I look at Sesshomaru, and he glances at me.
Inuyasha notices and steps in.

"Suikyu has some things he has to take care of, it's a bit of a personal issue. He told us to give his thanks to you guys for the hospitality for the past few weeks." Inuyasha says.

Kagome, Sango, and Miroku nods in understanding.

"I know it's late, but you must be starving_________. Do you want to eat something? I'll make something for you." Kagome says.

I look at Sesshomaru and he looks at me again, I smile and take his hand. He gently squeezes my hand back, I turn and face Kagome.

"Thanks Kagome, but I'll be fine. I'll take you up on that offer in the morning though." I say to her with a smile.

"Take a warm bath before heading to bed, you will rest better." Sango says.

"I will, thanks Sango." I reply to her.

"Alright, we've all been pretty stressed these past 2 days, thank goodness things turned out alright. Let's get some rest then." Miroku says.

We all agree, Kagome takes Inuyasha's hand and Miroku with Sango's. We bid each other goodnight and head back to our respected homes, Sesshomaru and I walk quietly back to our house. I open the door and walk in, Sesshomaru follows behind me. I grab my night wear and I turn to Sesshomaru.

"I'm going to go take a bath, I'll be back soon. Get some rest Sesshomaru, you had a long travel." I say to him with a smile.

"I don't need to rest, how can I rest knowing that you were in danger mere hours ago." Sesshomaru says touching my cheek.

"I'm here aren't I? Don't worry, I'm fine now. I'll be back soon." I say to him.

I kiss him on the cheek and I head out of the house, Sesshomaru watches me as I head out. I close the door behind me and head to the bathhouse. I close the door behind me, and the warm steam of the bathhouse surrounds me, making me feel safe and comfortable. I remove my tattered kimono and I step into the bathhouse, the warmth of the hot water submerges my tired body. I lean my head against the edge, and close my eyes. I let my mind drift free for a little while, I'm keeping in mind that I shouldn't stay in here too long. I look at the clear warm water, the steam gently drifting into the thick air. I grab a cloth and wash my body, the sensation is soothing. When the cloth reaches my stomach, I place it there. I smile.

"Can't believe I'm 2 weeks into my pregnancy already. It's still in developement, so I suppose Sesshomaru can't quite sense it yet, I'll tell him tomorrow." I say to myself.

I get out of the water after a few minutes, I dry myself off and put on my nightwear. I let my hair run down my back. I feel refreshed but tired, I walk out of the warm bathhouse and out into the cool night. I arrive outside of the house that Sesshomaru and I share, I open the door and I see one single candle illuminating the room. I see Sesshomaru sitting on the ground on the futon with his back facing the door, his long white hair lays on the ground behind him covering his whole back. I can tell he's bare since I don't see his big bundle of fur on his shoulder, his clothes lay neatly beside the futon.

"Sesshomaru, you're not resting?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru stands up gracefully and turns to me, indeed he's bare, his fair skin having an orange tint to them from the candle light. His strong body standing still and with confidence, he looks like a god. My god. I feel my face slightly flushed from seeing him but I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about, he's my husband, the love of my life. His golden amber eyes burning into mine. I place my kimono down onto the ground beside the door and I walk up to him.

"I'm so glad to have you back Sesshomaru. This one month seemed so long without you." I say to him taking his hand.

"It was for me as well, I'm relieved to have came back just in time. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough, I let you suffer." Sesshomaru says with furrowed brows.

"You came back that's all that matters Sesshomaru, I'm here standing in front of you aren't I? There's nothing to feel regretful about, to see you again wasn't the thing that kept me strong." I tell him with a smile.

Sesshomaru carresses my face with his cool hands. His eyes gazing into mine.

"To see you again was my desire this whole month. When I fought that bird demon, I was filled with anger knowing that he has hurt you. When I fought Suikyu, it made me realized just how much you mean to me, you have occupied a large part of my life_________." Sesshomaru says.

"Do you regret it?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru looks down at me and pulls me close to his strong bare chest. He then kisses me passionately. I close my eyes and take in such blissful action. He then releases me, and I look back into his eyes.

"Never. You gave me a reason to protect something dear and precious, you allowed me to feel such strong emotions. Things that I don't need, but I've come to cherish it all deeply. You have became the most important person in my life, you are the love of my life___________." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at his genuine words.

"You are the center of my world Sesshomaru, you are the love of my life as well. I don't regret falling in love with you, I don't regret the crying, letting you go because of my love for you. Suffered through pains and scars, because everything that has happened led the two of us to this very moment, right here and right now. All the memories, pain, happiness, and love that I've gone through are all precious to me after meeting you. You've changed me, you've allowed me to grow up completely Sesshomaru." I say to him with a smile.

"I've changed completely because of you as well___________. You've allowed me to feel more...human, and I've come to realize it's a beautiful thing." Sesshomaru says with a gentle smile.

"I'm glad." I say to him with a smile of my own.

Both Sesshomaru and I lean in and kiss each other on the lips, to feel his lips on mine feels like a fantasy. Soft but with a purpose, his lips caresses mine, and our tongues dancing together. Sesshomaru's hands unties my obi string without breaking our kiss, he gently takes my kimono collar and pulls it down my shoulders. I let the kimono fall onto the ground, Sesshomaru's strong left arm comes behind my back and holds me close to him. My face is warm and my heart is beating out of tempo. My hand gently caresses his smooth face, Sesshomaru then pulls the two of us down onto the big soft futon, I'm now sitting on his lap, my legs are around his waist, Sesshomaru continues to hold me close to him as we kiss. I break the kiss to take a breath, it's slowly getting hot. I'm breathing pretty heavily from the long passionate kiss. Our two bare bodies are touching each other, and it feels dreamlike. I kiss Sesshomaru's crescent moon on his forehead, Sesshomaru then kisses the corner of my lips and then my cheek on where the cut was before. We are both inhaling and exhaling pretty deeply right now, Sesshomaru's usually controlled cool composure has vanished, instead it is replaced with passion and longing. Only when it's just the two of us, is when Sesshomaru can let himself go. Sesshomaru kisses my shoulders and glides his cool fingers along the scars on my back. I rest my head against his as he continues to caress me with gentle kisses, his silky white bangs brushes against my skin tickles. Sesshomaru then breaks the kisses and looks back into my eyes.

"Not being able to touch you and feel close to you within this month has been eating away at me. To know that I almost lost you was overwhelming as well. I couldn't do anything about such feelings and it stressed me out greatly." He confesses.

I smile and touch his smooth soft lips with my left hand.

"It was the same for me, I went to bed everynight with the hopes of seeing you again, the emptiness beside me made the room so much bigger, but now you're here with me. I'm safe, smiling and happy, and I hope you are too. We're in each other's embrace now, there are no distance between us anymore to prevent each other's touches." I say to him with a smile.

Sesshomaru takes the hand on his lips and kisses the tips of my fingers and then the scar on the back of my hand. He then looks back at me his golden amber eyes burning brighter and more vivid in the flickering candle light.

"I may be holding you right now and our bare skin touching, but it's not enough for me." Sesshomaru says to me.

I look at him, my eyes widening a little. It dawns on me. I know what he wants, and I want it as well. To feel complete, I can feel him beneath me. I smile and close my eyes, I kiss his lips and open my eyes to meet his again.

"I want to feel closer to you as well Sesshomaru." I answer him.

We both smile at each other and I lean my forehead against his. My black bangs mixing with his snow white ones. I hold onto his strong shoulders, his hands holding onto my back and waist. I lift myself up slightly to find him, he's not entirely ready, but it's something that we both want to feel. I position him at my entrance and slowly rest myself onto him again. I close my eyes at the slight pain, but just as it appears it disperses. The feeling of completeness fills me once again, he enters me completely and he feels warm. Sesshomaru lets out a deep exhale, he closes his eyes at the blissful feeling that we are both giving each other. I can feel myself hugging him tightly, and it feels like a dream. Sesshomaru slowly pulls me completely into his chest, I wrap my arms around his neck, my legs are around his waist as we both sit on the soft futon within each other's arms. Sesshomaru kisses my cheek again and I rest my head beside his. We listen to each other's breathing as we both steady them again, no words exchanged. We are just sitting here, feeling each other completely and entirely to our very core.

"I feel complete now Sesshomaru." I quietly say to him.

"I'm finally content with the closeness. To feel you completely physically and feel connected to you soulfully. Thank you__________." Sesshomaru responds back to me.

"No thanks are needed between us Sesshomaru." I say to him with a quiet laugh.

"You are exhausted, get some rest__________." Sesshomaru says.

I nod my head. Still connected, Sesshomaru pulls me back onto the futon with me on top of him. The small movements made by us sends blissful shivers throughout my body. He pulls the cover over the two of us and holds me close. He kisses me on the forehead, I rest my hand on his chest and close my eyes.

"I don't ever want to lose you..." Sesshomaru quietly says.

"Neither do I Sesshomaru." I reply back to him.

Sesshomaru takes my left hand in his and holds it, I let my mind drift off in his arms. I feel safe again, loved, and happy. We didn't make love tonight even though we haven't seen each other in a month, but just to feel each other again is blissful enough. Making love doesn't necessarily have to be the action shown between two people deeply in love, just to be able to feel each other and knowing that the one you love will be there for you no matter what, is the greatest love of all. Sesshomaru may not have been the person to have rescued me this time, but he came back to me, he fought for me, he longed for me, he changed because of love, it's more than what I could ask for from him. He didn't have to, but he did. I should be content and happy, and I am.  I fall asleep still holding his hand and feeling his warmth within the deepest part of me, it's the most beautiful feeling. I open my eyes to a warm embrace around my body, the sleepiness still clouding my consciousness. The room is still dark, the sun has just started to slowly rise. I realize I'm still laying on Sesshomaru's chest, still connected. I shift a little and Sesshomaru's arms gently tightens around me, I lift my head up to look at him. His eyes are closed, the magenta accent on his lids making him look elegant. I smile at th calm view before me, I pull myself up a little and gently kiss his lips. After I pull myself away from him, his eyes opens and it locks onto mine. It's so sudden that seeing his golden eyes shocked me a little. His eyes are usually so fierce looking but they are soft at the moment, I brush aside the strands of his white hair that is covering the crescent moon on his forehead.

"Good morning Sesshomaru, were you awake the whole time?" I ask him.

"I was, I wasn't tired. The other reason being was that I wanted to hold you and know that you are here." Sesshomaru answers me with a gentle smile.

He caresses my cheek and I hold his hand.

"Wish you rested, you may be a Great Daiyokai, but you should rest once in a while. I'm not going anywhere Sesshomaru, so don't worry anymore." I say to him.

"How can I not? You're just a mere human, so vulnerable and fragile." Sesshomaru says looking at me with his sun colored eyes.

"I may be a mere human, but I have a strong will. For the people I love, I can be strong. Did you forget?" I ask him with a laugh.

Sesshomaru smiles at my words and closes his eyes.

"How can I forget?" He says.

I kiss him on the forehead I then prop myself up, I can feel him inside me as I did. The small feeling of bliss and completeness rushes through me, the two of us gasp slightly at the sudden movement. I prop myself above him, my hair falling beside me covering us like a veil, Sesshomaru's arms still gently wrapped around my back. As I prop myself up, my back cracks. It felt nice to switch position after sleeping without moving for hours.

"As much as I like to stay like this, I think it's better if we moved a little." I say with a laugh.

I then pull myself off of him, we both close our eyes as we do so, when he totally disappears, the feeling of loss fills me but I know it's alright, because he's right beside me. I drag myself away from his strong body and lay on my stomach beside him, the coolness of the once empty space of the futon below me sends small shivers through my body. I close my eyes still feeling sleepy, before I could fall asleep again, I feel Sesshomaru's arms coming around me and he brings himself close. I feel the tip of his nose lightly brushing against my bare shoulder. The feeling gives me light goosebumps but it's intimate and comforting, I turn my head to face him. Sesshomaru is on his side and he's gazing at me with soft eyes, I smile at him. I suppose it's a good time to tell him now.

"Sesshomaru..." I say quietly.

"Yes?" He replies.

"What if I told you that our family is going to get bigger by just a tiny bit more?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru looks at me with a slightly surprised expression, he then props himself up.

"I thought I sensed something a bit different about you but I couldn't figure out what it was. Are you saying..." He says.

"Yes, I didn't know before either, but yesterday. Suikyu was the one who told me. I'm pregnant Sesshomaru, and I'm around 2 weeks in." I tell him with a smile.

Sesshomaru's expression returns back to his calm expression once again, and he shows me a warm smile. He takes my hand in his and he lays back down beside me.

"Nothing can gauge a reaction from me except for you and Rin, but this, this was the only other thing that did, in a good way." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at his words. I squeeze his hand back gently. Sesshomaru gently glides his finger down my cheek like he always does, I close my eyes as I take in the lovely gesture.

"You're finally going to become a father Sesshomaru. I know you'll be a wonderful one." I say to him.

"And you will be an exceptional mother to our child." Sesshomaru replies with a smile.

I nod.

"It's still early, get some rest_________." He says to me.

"Yea, you should get some rest as well Sesshomaru. I'll have to tell the others in the morning, Inuyasha and Kagome are going to become an uncle and aunt." I say with a smile.

"Yes... who would've thought my brat of a younger brother will become an uncle." Sesshomaru says with a heavy sigh.

I laugh at his words. He may be harsh, but I can hear the care and love behind his tone.

"Inuyasha will be a great uncle, same with Kagome. It's going to be the first time for the four of us, but we'll adjust to it in no time." I say with a big smile.

Sesshomaru looks back up at me and gives a half smile.

"We'll see how Inuyasha can handle it when the time comes. Get some rest_________." Sesshomaru says gliding his hand down my long hair.

I nod, I bring myself closer to him and rest my head beneath his neck. His scent surrounds me and I drift off once again. Time seems to fly, before I know it, the sun is completely up, and the room is warm and bright. I open my eyes slowly and I come face to face with a smooth fair chest, I lift my head again and I see Sesshomaru's calm and serene face. He has his eyes closed again, but I don't know if he's actually sleeping or not. I smile and pull myself up quietly, but apparently I'm loud, or it's just that Sesshomaru's keen to sudden movements due to his demonic senses.

"Good morning___________." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at my ridiculous attempt to get up unnoticed. I look back down at Sesshomaru, he opens his eyes and the bright sunlight enhances his alright sun filled irises. He looks at me.

"Good morning my love." I answer him.

Sesshomaru sits up and brushes my hair behind my shoulders, his white hair in perfect shape as always.

"Did you manage to get some rest?" I ask him.

"I did." I suppose the reason is that it feels like home." He says.

I smile at his words, indeed it does. Although it's just the two of us right now, but soon there will be an addition to our family, then it will feel more like a family. Sesshomaru places one hand on my stomach and I place a hand over his, we look at each other and I rest my head against his shoulder.

"It's not dream." I say quietly.

"It's not. Remember what I said that night in the fields? It may feel like a dream, but everything is real." He says.

I nod.

"What are you doing today?" I ask him.

"I have to return to the sky and inform my mother of the successful alliance with the demons around Asia. Then I'll be letting her know of your pregnancy." Sesshomaru says.

"I see, guess I'll be seeing you tonight like always then?" I ask him.

"Yes, but hopefully when the time arrives, I'll be here." He says.

"Thanks Sesshomaru." I answer him.

We get dressed and the two of us head outside, we are going to meet up with the rest of the group. They are all getting ready for breakfast, Kagome as promised made me a wonderful breakfast.

"Good morning everyone." I say to them all.

"Oh! Morning__________! You're here too Sesshomaru." Kagome smiles.

"How are you feeling today____________?" Sango asks.

"I'm fine, absolutely fine. I actually have something to tell you all later." I say to them.

They all look at each other, Inuyasha and Miroku haven't left yet so it's good that we're all here. All of us sits down around the breakfast table, including Sesshomaru. He sits across from Inuyasha. We all start eating, Sesshomaru occasionally taking a few small bites, but otherwise just sits there with his eyes closed. I appreciate his effort of trying to eat some human food. After breakfast, I sit properly and clear my throat.

"Everyone, I would like to tell you something, it's something that I would love to share with all of you." I say to them.

They all listen with concentration. I look at Sesshomaru and he gives me a small smile, I look back at all of them.

"Sesshomaru and I are going to become parents soon." I tell all of them.

All of their eyes widen in surprise, but then smiles breaks out on their faces, especially Sango and Kagome's.

"Oh my! That's wonderful_____________!" How did you find out?" Kagome asks me.

"Suikyu actually told me yesterday before he departed. He sensed it when we were in the water" I answer her question.

"How far along are you?" Sango asks.

"Suikyu says I'm about 2 weeks in." I reply.

"Your child will be a half-demon like Inuyasha right?" Shippo asks.

"I'm guessing it will be. But who knows, maybe Sesshomaru's genes will conquer mine when our child is born." I say with a smile.

"I'm going to be an aunt and Inuyasha's going to be an uncle!" Kagome says clapping her hands.

"Great, I'm going to have to babysit another kid, Sango's twins and son was enough of a struggle when they were younger, not to mention Shippo too." Inuyasha says crossing his arms with a pouty face.

"Hey! I'm not a kid! You take that back!" Shippo yells.

"You think I'm going to let you touch my child?" Sesshomaru asks Inuyasha calmly.

Inuyasha eyes shoots up at Sesshomaru, and then he holds up a fist.

"Why can't I?! I'm going to be their uncle, I should be able to play with them!" Inuyasha says.

"You contradict yourself too much Inuyasha." Sesshomaru says closing his eyes.

Although two powerful demon brothers, but seeing them argue with each other like children is heartwarming. I know they've had their differences and hostilities, but in the end they are brothers even if Inuyasha is a half-demon. They may sound harsh to each other, but no matter what, if you listen to the feelings behind their yelling and insults, they care for one another. I look at Kagome, we both smile at each other. After that day that the annoucement came out, everyday that comes after are all the same as before. Sesshomaru in the morning till evening has his own things to do, and I do too. When night falls, he would come back like always and we would spend the night as husband and wife. From one day it turns into a week, a week turns into two, then three. As each week passes, my stomach slightly grows as well. The work that I could do before has to be reduced bit by bit due to my growing stomach preventing me from moving too much. I still help out as much as I could, but Kagome, Sango, and Lady Kaede tells me to take it easy. As each week passes, Sango gives me tips on how to keep my body healthy before giving birth, thank goodness for the fact that she's a mother of 3. The weeks soon turns into a month, then two, three, four, five, to six. The months passes so quick and before I know it, it's slowly coming around to another year. Spring ends, Summer comes around, Summer blazes by and Autumn is just around the corner again. At this rate, my stomach is protruding out now, my breathing feels a bit laboured, and it's hard for me to bend over and such. Otherwise, I'm perfectly healthy. Another month passes, and my stomach grows a bit more, it's hard to tie up my kimono now, but I can still manage. Being in the process of a first time parent isn't easy. Eventually, my birthday comes around in the orange Autumn, I'm turning 26. On this very day, I wake up next to Sesshomaru as always, I have to sleep on my back everyday since then with enough cushions underneath me to keep my back as comfortable as possible. I turn my head to look at Sesshomaru, his golden amber eyes looking at me with love. Like most of the time, Sesshomaru isn't resting. Guess it's a pet peeve of mine, but it's something I have to deal with since he's a demon.

"Good morning." I say to him with a croaky morning voice.

"Good morning__________." He replies.

"Why are you up?" I ask him frowning a little.

"I'm not tired, besides, I can sense the child moving inside of you. I wanted to feel it moving." He says with a gentle smile.

I return his smile, I take his hand and hold it. His long claws gently glides across my skin as I do so.

"About two more months till we get to see their legs and arms move out in the open." I say to him.

Sesshomaru smiles and nuzzles my nose with his, the ticklish sensation making me giggle quietly. We get dressed and head out.

"What are you doing today?" I ask him.

"I have some things to take care off with an allied demon with Jaken and A-Un, then I have an object to retrieve from another demon. I'll be back at night, let's go to the flower field tonight, it's been a while." Sesshomaru says caressing my cheeks.

"That's sounds nice, shall I meet you there?" I ask him.

"See you then____________." Sesshomaru says.

He leans down and gently place a kiss on my lips. He nuzzles my cheek and leaves the village. I watch his long white hair sway behind his tall and lean body, his snow white kimono reflecting the sunlight. The big fur bundle trailing behind him as he walks, graceful as always and just as mesmerizing. I smile as I watch him walk away. I carry my pregnant body to meet up with Kagome, Sango and the others. Everyone knows about my birthday except for Sesshomaru, I suppose I didn't tell him. Thinking about it, I don't think I have yet. Guess I can only tell him when we meet up tonight. The day carries on like usual, but we managed to finish our daily chores as soon as possible. I couldn't do too much but it was expected, Kagome and the others told me to rest, but I wanted to help out as much as I can. We finished early to celebrate my birthday. My first birthday with them, with my new family. Kagome tells me to take a nice bath first to relax my muscles while they prepare my birthday dinner. I head to the warm bath house and step into the warm water. Due to my big stomach I have to support myself before completely submerged in water, I close my eyes and relax. I take a towel and scrub my arms and body, I rest it on my stomach again.

"Can't believe 7 months ago you practically didn't even exist, but now look at you, kicking and moving. After you're born, I promise I'll be the best mother, and Sesshomaru will be an amazing father. Just wait another month or two." I say to my unborn child.

After my refreshing night bath, I head back to meet up with everyone. When I enter into the lit room, everyone shouts, "Happy Birthday_________!" It shocked me so suddenly my eyes were the only thing that moved. On the table are beautifully prepared food. Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Kagome, Lady Kaede, the kids and Inuyasha are all around the table.

"Come sit down! Let's eat!" Kagome says with a big smile.

"You guys, you really didn't have to, a normal dinner would've been totally fine." I say to them.

"Nonsense, a birthday is precious, every life is precious. It's only right to celebrate one's existence." Sango says with a smile.

"Ya, without you, Sesshomaru would've had been a grumpy old demon still." Inuyasha says eating his rice.

"Look who's talking Inuyasha." Kagome says.

We all burst out laughing.

"Thanks so much everyone, can't believe a year has passed already. Exactly a year ago I went on a journey, and I met you all while on that journey. It was a decision that I'll absolutely make again if I get the chance to live in the next lifetime." I say to them with a bow.

"Right now, the present is all that matters__________. The future is tomorrow, the next life is a next life away. As long as you're happy now is enough." Miroku says while feeding one of his twins.

"Exactly__________, also, the future will eventually become today. So as long as you're happy today, you'll always be happy for the rest of your life. I'm sure it will. You have Sesshomaru and soon a child to add to your family." Lady Kaede says.

"Thank you Lady Kaede. Thank you everyone for celebrating this birthday with me." I thank them again.

We had a wonderful and lovely dinner. Then ended with a fun conversation over tea. The stars lasts into the clear night, and we all bid each other goodnight.

"It's unfortunate that Sesshomaru couldn't join us for your birthday." Kagome says with a frown.

"Don't worry about that Kagome, I'm actually going to meet him at the flower field later." I tell her.

"Oh... how romantic. Say it's been a while since you've gone there. Then again, with that big baby bump, it's expected that you shouldn't tire yourself out. Well stay warm, it's nearing winter soon alright? Goodnight." Kagome says hugging me.

"Goodnight Kagome, and yes, I will don't worry." I reply her with a smile.

Kagome heads off and I return to my house to grab a blanket, I go to open my door when I stop. I turn around and in the corner of the room resting on a thin blanket, is my koto. I smile as I look at it, I haven't touched it in so long, I'm afraid I've forgotten how to play it. I've been so busy and tired that I've totally left it. How can I forget about something that has been a part of my life for the past 25 years? I head back and carefully pick up my koto, I wrap it up in the big blanket and head towards the flower field. As always, the bright moon guides me to the place that Sesshomaru and I first talked. When I arrive, Sesshomaru isn't there yet. Not surprising, I suppose tonight I'll see it as those days. I walk into the grass that's slowly losing their flower companions, but the grass is still soft. I walk to the middle of the field and lay out the blanket, I place the koto down on it and slowly sit myself down. I take in a deep breath and exhale, I then pull my koto onto my lap. It's sure has been a while since I placed a finger on its strings, I warm up my fingers and close my eyes. The first song that comes to mind is that special song, the song that I composed while having Sesshomaru in mind. Slowly, the finger movements comes back to mind. I smile and place my fingers onto the koto, with a gentle breeze I begin to play. The once quiet flower field is now filled with a heavenly tune that flows with the night breeze, it's soothing and nostalgic. Not long, I'm lost in the very tune that I'm playing. When I finish, I lift my fingers off the strings and look up at the single moon lighting up the whole world around me.

"Can't believe it's been a year already...." I whisper to myself.

Suddenly, a gentle breeze blows across the field.

"Indeed it has, and you've grown a year older." A familiar voice says.

I turn my head around at the only voice that I can recognize from anywhere. I smile as I see his golden eyes and crescent moon on his forehead. He slowly walks up to me.

"Sesshomaru, you're here." I say to him.

"Indeed, I said I would be here didn't I? It's been a while since I've heard you play your koto." He says.

"I know, I almost forgot how to play to be honest." I reply with a small laugh.

I place the koto beside me as Sesshomaru gracefully sits down behind me, he then takes my hands and gently pulls me back into his chest. He then wraps is arms around me, I feel so safe and warm. He rests his face beside my temple and the two of us just silently watch the moon.

"Again, can't believe it's been a year already since I went on that journey, and since meeting you." I say to him.

"It seems like yesterday doesn't it?" He asks me quietly.

"It does, remember how I tried so hard to talk to you. I was determined to befriend you, but at some point I thought, I'm probably making a fool out of myself and being to clingy. Compared to you, I'm such a child aren't I? I was so in love with you that I almost had a mental breakdown. It was ridiculous if I think about it" I ask him with a small laugh of embarrassment.

Sesshomaru gently squeezes my hand and nuzzles my temple.

"It was irritating to see you trying to befriend me, but I've come to appreciate your effort and not giving up on me. I have lived for over 500 years, but you've taught me more about life than I could've ever known. Our age may be over 400 years apart, but you're not a child in this world anymore. You just grew one year older, another year as an adult. Thank you for existing in this world___________. For loving me regardless of who and what I am. For teaching me about feelings, and for being my wife." Sesshomaru says soothing my hair.

I turn around and face him, his fair and flawless features faces me. I can't help but think how I managed to have a great demon like him fall in love with me. I lace my fingers with his, and look at how our hands fit so perfectly between each groove. Perhaps it was fate, but I remember Sesshomaru saying that he isn't bound by fate. I smile.

"Thank you Sesshomaru, my fate was perhaps only allowing me to meet you, and nothing more. I remember you saying that you aren't bound by fate, so for you to go out of your way to come and find me after I left, it was one of the most happiest moment of my life. So thank you, thank you for changing for love, for saving me, brought me back physically and emotionally. Thank you for loving this normal human." I say to him.

Sesshomaru caresses my face, his amber eyes dazzling in the moonlight.

"You may be a human, but it was your will, bravery, selflessness, and the amount of love you have in you that made me fall in love with you. You are my other half, there were others that has loved me throughout my lifetime, but I believe that you exist in this world is for me to meet you. You didn't just give me love, but you are about to give me a child. You have been through a lot__________. Thank you for enduring it all, for my sake as well." Sesshomaru says with a smile.

I smile and I close my eyes as I hear his heartfelt words. Suddenly I feel something on my head, I open my eyes to see Sesshomaru's hand just coming away from my hair. I reach up to touch what it is, it feels like a long rod on my hair. It's cool and it has a decorated tip with grooves, indents and protrusions. It's a hairpin. I look back at Sesshomaru, he has a satisfied smile on his face.

"A hairpin?" I ask him.

"Yes, it's a birthday gift." He says kissing my forehead.

"Where did you get this? You had so much stuff to do everyday. How did you find the time? Also, how did you know it was my birthday today? I didn't tell you." I asked him.

Sesshomaru furrowed his brows a little.

"You sure ask a lot of questions. Inuyasha told me a few days prior, I went to a demon who specializes in blacksmithing. I asked him to make the hairpin." He answers.

So the demon he had to meet today was the blacksmith and he was getting my present. I feel so happy and grateful.

"Thank you for the gift Sesshomaru. I remember back then how I wished I could receive gifts from you, but I've come to the conclusion that you only gave them to Rin. The fact that I would never be someone important to you pained me, but I've come to accept it and only loved you in silence. Who knew, a year goes by and I've received such a beautiful and valuable gift from my love. For me to be the one that you love, is the greatest gift of all." I say to him with a smile.

Sesshomaru smiles and nuzzles my nose with his. I smile as I lean my forehead against his.

"You know, I remember how you were so cold and expressionless back then. Who knew that you can be quite intimate and loving." I say with a laugh.

"Yes... that part of me surprised myself as well. But, as I've come to see that side of me more, it became natural and it's a precious feeling. It's a side that only you can see, and only you will see." Sesshomaru says.

I nod at his words. I then wrap my arms around his neck and I hug him. I rest my head against his, I'm sitting in his lap and due to my big stomach I have to lean forward quite a bit in order to rest my head against his. Sesshomaru hugs me tightly and he brushes my ear with the tip of his nose.

"I wish I could make love to you tonight, but clearly you're not in the perfect condition to." Sesshomaru says quietly beside me.

I laugh at his intimate words that still feels like a dream coming fron him, but hearing that he worries for my health is soothing. I lift my head up and look at his gold eyes, I trace my finger along the magenta stripes on his right cheek.

"I know it's been months since we last shared such close affections. But, we have all the time in the world in the future, and of course, if we decide to want more children, then it can arranged." I say with a laugh.

Sesshomaru smiles and glides his finger along my cheek. The two of us stay in each other's embrace in the night, when the crescent moon starts changing location is when we decide to head back. Another month glides by, and soon it's in the month in which I will give birth. The unknown date makes me anxious but I know I can pull through regardless on what day it's on. At this rate, I have to be sitting down for most of the time, I can only help out with the cooking and stuff. Others, I can't even begin.  Kagome, Lady Kaede, Sango, and Shippo would occasionally check up on me. As the days rolls in, Sesshomaru has been spending more time with me in the day to make sure I'm alright. Surprisingly, my stomach has grown quite a lot. Sango tells me I may have twins, but it's still unknown to me. I don't know if Sesshomaru knows or not but, I suppose finding out the proper way is more of a news. A week goes by and the second weeks drops in, Sesshomaru and I decide to go on a morning stroll. The two of us walk along the grassy field just on the outskirt of the village, our hands entwined with each other. Since my stomach is so protruding forward, my other hand have to support my back. I can feel the weight on my body, and the occasional movements inside. Breathing became a bit of a work for me since my lungs are squashed by my pregnancy, but I'm pulling through. The nice Autumn breeze is relaxing and nice, and to have Sesshomaru beside me makes it more dreamlike. His white hair gently flowing in the breeze, his golden eyes capturing all the sun's light. The fur on his shoulder gently rustles as the wind blows against it, a graceful and magnificent beauty.

"I wish I could run, return to those times when I felt like a child again." I say looking out into the vast open land.

"You will, like you said, we have all the time in the world." Sesshomaru says gently squeezing my hand.

I smile at his words, I close my eyes and take a deep breath as we walked. At the moment, I feel that something feels off. Perhaps it's time. I stop walking and hold my stomach and I gently pull on Sesshomaru's hand to stop him, he stops and turns to face me. His calm face suddenly laced with concern.

"What's wrong__________?" He asks me.

"Sesshomaru let's head back to the village." I say to him.

Sesshomaru looks at my stomach and I can see him furrow his brows a little as his nose twitches slightly. He then tightens his hold on my hand and his other arm goes behind my legs and he scoops me up, he places my hand around his neck and I hold on tight.

"I can sense a smell of strong body fluid, I think it's time. Hold on tight__________." Sesshomaru says gently resting his forehead against mine.

"Yea..." I reply holding tightly to him.

Without another second to lose, Sesshomaru dashes back towards the village. On our way back, I can feel a slight damp area between my legs. I don't know what it is, but I know it's about time for me to give birth. Not long after, Sesshomaru carries me outside of Lady Kaede's hut. He gently places me down while holding my hand, I knock on the door. At this point, I can feel my kimono soaked between my legs. It's not blood that's fore sure, it feels like water. I can slowly feel my muscles tensing, and my stomach moving. My breathing has become hitched.

"Lady Kaede! Sango! Kagome!" I shout feeling my stomach contractions.

Lady Kaede slides the door open and sees me, her eye widens. Sango and Kagome gasps and comes out from behind Lady Kaede. They support me as I let Sesshomaru's hand go. I start to feel pain from the contractions, and taking quick short breaths was the only thing I can do.

"Don't worry Sesshomaru, we'll take care of__________ from here." Sango says.

"If anything happens, make sure__________ is ok." Sesshomaru says.

"No need to say those things Sesshomaru. It's a blessing and nothing will go wrong. We'll let you know when everything's over." Kagome tells him with a smile.

Sesshomaru nods and looks back at me, his eyes filled with concern. I manage to give him a small smile as Sango helps me inside. Lady Kaede closes the door and I lose the image of Sesshomaru.

"Kagome, go fetch some cloth, towels, and a bucket of warm water." Lady Kaede tells her.

"Yes, I'll be right back_____________." Kagome says letting go of my hand.

My stomach at this point is contracting heavily and the pain is rushing through my body. I squint my eyes shut and I'm letting out labored breathing. Sango helps me open up my kimono and wrap my front side with a blanket,  so I can move more easily while being in labor. Kagome comes back with the cloth and warm water, both her and Sango then holds my hand. I'm inhaling and exhaling but the contractions are making it hard.

"Take it easy____________. You'll be fine. Just push in between the inhale and exhales. Scream if you have to, giving birth isn't easy. It's painful and tiring but that's also the beauty of it. You're going to give life, it requires sacrifice and pain. Stay strong, you'll pull through." Sango says.

I nod while breathing heavily. Kagome rubs my hand to try and sooth me down, Lady Kaede sits not far away and waiting patiently with calmness. I lost track of time, but I was probably in labor for about half an hour now. I have started to lose my strength to contain my strained groans, I shut my eyes and I begin to scream. Tears has start to form in my eyes and I begin to sweat.

"Breathe__________. Remember to breathe." Sango keeps reminding me.

"Don't worry about rushing anything___________. Giving birth takes time. Don't stress, try to have a calm mind or else complications may occur." Kagome tells me.

"Yea, I'll keep those in mind" I say in between my strained breathing.

Half an hour turns into an hour and then another half an hour, Kagome helps me wipe my forehead, at this rate I feel like I'm about to pass out. But I push with all I have when I feel I've find that strength to. An hour turns into another half an hour, then another half an hour. I've been in labour for 2 hours already. Then I start to feel something different in another 15 minutes or so than within the past 2 hours.

"Something feels different, I feel something very close to the opening." I tell them.

Lady Kaede stands up and walks over to me and kneels down again, she helps me spread my legs open and lifts up her sleeves of her priestess kimono.

"Try to keep your legs open if you can_________, the baby is about to come out. Just keep pushing. You're doing great." Lady Kaede says.

I nod, Kagome and Sango continues to hold my hand and helps wipe my forehead. I continue to push and push as much as I can, and soon I can feel something round coming out.

"The head is out___________. You're doing wonderful, a few more hard pushes and the baby is out." Lady Kaede says.

I give myself a few more strong pushes, I'm exhausted but I know I can't stop now. Another few minutes goes by and finally, finally with one final push, the baby is out. I can hear crying, Sango releases my hand and grabs a towel, she kneels down beside  Lady Kaede and wraps the baby up. I smile with relief as I hear the crying telling me that things turned out alright. My head falls back onto the pillow, but it's not quite over.

"Sango, clean up the baby in the warm water, __________ has another child on the way." Lady Kaede says.

I'm having another baby, twins.

"Keep pushing_________, you're going to have twins. Just a little bit longer, you're doing great." Kagome says wiping my forehead.

"Breathe and then push____________." Lady Kaede says.

I nod, and I take a deep breath, I can feel the contractions again but not as bad as when it started. I know I have to keep pushing and give birth or the second baby may have complication, I muster all of my strength and push in between my breathing. Minutes go by again but it's faster than the first, Lady Kaede helps pull the baby out. Kagome helps wipes my forehead and sooths me and guides me through the delivery, Sango is taking care of the first born. With one final big push and scream, I finally feel my body becoming lighter and the contractions ending. My head falls back onto the pillow as I'm breathing heavily, my muscles are sore and I'm exhausted. I can feel my consciousness slowly fading out from the fatigue, but no far away I can hear crying. I know that both the baby came out alright, Kagome took the second baby and cleaned it up. Lady Kaede grabs another pair of kimono for me and helps me sit up, I used the last bit of my strength to lift my arms up so she can slide the sleeves onto my arms. She helps me tie my obi string and put a blanket over my shoulders, and helps me lay back down, she then wipes my forehead again and holds my hand.

"You did great_________ both of the babies are healthy, it has been a long morning and afternoon, get some rest. Kagome and Sango will take care of the baby for the time being so don't worry about anything, rest now child. Regain your strength and then see your children. We'll get Sesshomaru and have him look after his children for the time being as well." Lady Kaede says brushing my messy hair out of my face.

"Thank you so much Lady Kaede, Sango, Kagome." I manage to say to them.

"Giving birth is an important part of life, of course we would help with everything we can. The hard part is over, so rest as much as you can." Sango says holding the baby in her arms wrapped in a blanket.

I want to see my children, but I'm exhausted at this point. I feel like I'd be hallucinating if I see them now, I feel so tired and sleepy. I rest my head on the pillow and Lady Kaede pulls the blanket over me. I feel my consciousness fading, I can hear the door opening and the afternoon sunlight coming in through my eyelids, but I'm too tired to open my eyes. In no time, I fall asleep. I feel like a stone my body feels numb, I couldn't move. I assume hours passed when I woke up, I can feel someone holding my hand and my head resting on something soft but also solid, different than the pillow that I remember falling asleep on. I stir and I take a deep breath, a familiar scent overwhelms me. I open my eyes slowly as I feel a finger gently glides down my face, a blanket covers me and I'm in a room lit with candles. As I look around I realize that I'm back in my house, my body is still sore and tired but I feel the weight that I've carried for over 9 months has finally disappeared. I look at my hands and I see someone's hand wrapped around mine, white kimono sleeves with red flowers are laced on the rims. I knew right away that it's Sesshomaru's hand. I tilt my head upwards and I see Sesshomaru gazing down at me, I'm laying in his lap.

"Sesshomaru? How long have I been out for?" I ask him.

"It's night now, you've been asleep for hours." He says caressing my face.

"Are the children alright? Have you seen them?" I ask him managing a smile with a spinning head.

Sesshomaru smiles gently down at me, his golden eyes dazzling in the candle light.

"They are fine, Kagome and Sango are looking after them at the moment. I expect they are waiting for us to name them." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at his words and I push myself to sit up. I turn back to him.

"Did you carry me back here? Were you here the whole time?" I ask him.

"I did, I assumed that you sleeping in the comfort of our own home will be much better for you. I couldn't leave you unattended, you were in a vulnerable state." He says caressing my cheeks.

"You don't have to worry about me, I gave birth to two healthy babies. I pulled through, gave my all, and I'm out in one piece. I feel like I accomplished something big." I say to him holding his hands.

Sesshomaru smiles gently and nods.

"How could I forget, you're strong willed, persistent, and brave. I fell in love with the you that possesses all of those traits, and knowing that you went through a lot today but still holding those traits all the way through. I feel like I'm falling deeply in love all over again. You've been through a lot in these few months, thank you__________." Sesshomaru says softly.

I can feel tears slowly forming in my eyes, but I hold them back. I wrap my arms around his neck, well as much as I could because the bundle of fur is really fluffy. I rest my head next to his and his scent surrounds me and comforts me. Sesshomaru rests his cheek next to mine, he then holds me to him.

"I believe I use to be someone who just possessed a decent amount of those traits, but because of you, I've come to embrace all of those traits and learned to grow with them. Because of your love and knowing that you're there has made me the me today. Without you, there's no me and the things that we have today. Thank you Sesshomaru." I say to him.

I can feel Sesshomaru turn his head and gently kissing me on the temple.

"How about meeting our children? It's not good for the children to go through a day without meeting their mother." Sesshomaru says.

I nod and smile. He pulls me up and we go to the big hut, it's close to dinner time too. I suppose Miroku and Inuyasha are back now too. As the two of us come closer to the hut, we can hear laughter and talking inside. Faint cries are heard as well. Sesshomaru opens the door and I see all of them gathering together, food are being set on the big table. Sango and Kagome each are carrying a baby, Shippo, Sango's twins and son are around Sango. Miroku holding the baby's hand and smiling. Inuyasha sits beside Kagome are she coos to the other baby. I couldn't see them clearly yet but their small sounds are beautiful. I look at Sesshomaru and I smile as I see him letting out a long exhale, didn't know our children are so well loved, it's like we're almost not part of the group and the children weren't ours.

"__________! Sesshomaru! You're finally here! Come__________, come look at your twins, they are gorgeous." Kagome says.

I take off my sandles and step into the big warm and lively hut, Sesshomaru follows right after. The two of us sits down side by side, Sango and Kagome comes up to the two of us and hands each of the twins to us. After hours, I finally get to see our children.

"The one that you're holding is the oldest of the twin." Kagome says to me with a big smile.

I look down at the child, it's a boy. He looks absolutely gorgeous. Since his father is a full blooded demon, and I'm a human, he's a half demon child. He has fair fair flawless skin, the little hair tht he has on his pale head is a dark shade of white close to pale grey with streaks of white under the light. And, being a half-demon, he has fluffy dog ears, just like Inuyasha. In fact... he almost looks close to Inuyasha as I take a glance at Inuyasha who's sitting beside Kagome. Taking traits after his uncle, what a good start.  Since his eyes are closed, I'm sure his eyes are a beautiful shade of orange just like his father and uncle's. Sesshomaru holds the younger one of the two in his arms, he's gazing lovingly down at him. I lean over and look at the child, and I'm surprised. It's a boy as well, he has fair skin just like his brother and father, like his father, he has a small red moon on his forehead. On the lower part on each of his chubby cheeks are small sharp dark purple streaks aiming slightly upwards, the little hair on his head are white, like his father's. He has small purple markings on the edge of his eyes like miny triangles. Surprising, he doesn't have dog ears like his younger brother, he has small pointed ears. I open my mouth in awe as I see this miracle, could it be that the demon genes overpowered my human ones?

"It's a surprise isn't it? How the younger one possesses more of demonic traits despite their parents being from two different races." Miroku asks.

"Yea, I would assumed that both of them would be like Inuyasha, possessing dog ears and with no facial markings of Sesshomaru's." I say still surprised.

"It may be surprising, but knowing that both of the children are healthy and strong, and knowing that they will live for years is a gift. Congratulations ____________ and Sesshomaru on having two additions to your beautiful family." Lady Kaede says.

"Indeed! How about giving them names now? It's been hours. How Inuyasha and I wanted to name our nephews but we know it wouldn't be right. So come on, let's hear what you guys have in mind." Kagome says.

I smile as I look down at the one in my arms, his dark eyelashes fluttering as he sleeps. I look at Inuyasha and Kagome, and then at Sesshomaru. I think I have an idea. I don't know if Sesshomaru would mind or not but I hope he won't. I then turn back to Kagome and Inuyasha.

"Since you two are his aunt and uncle, and seeing that he resembles Inuyasha in so many ways, how about you two name him? What do you think Sesshomaru?" I tell them and look at Sesshomaru again.

Sesshomaru exhales deeply and closes his eyes.

"I assume that would be alright, seeing that Kagome has helped you through a lot." Sesshomaru says with a small smile of acceptance.

I hand the baby to Inuyasha and he hold his nephew carefully, I can see him smiling and his dog ears twitching. The little ears on my child's head twitched lightly as well, almost like a telepathic connection between nephew and uncle.

"Well, since he's the first son of yours and Sesshomaru, he's the child between a demon and a human. A perfect harmony, and in every parents' eyes their child is a prince. So he's a prince of harmony and peace between two races. So, how about, Kazuhiko?" Kagome suggests.

"I think Kazuhiko is a wonderful name." Sango says.

"What do you think Sesshomaru?" Inuyasha asks his older brother.

Sesshomaru and I look at each other and both show each other a smile of content.

"Not bad, I think it fits well." Sesshomaru says.

We all cheer in satisfaction. Now for the younger one. It's time for Sesshomaru and I to name him.

"He's born under the sun when it's at its strongest and brightest." I say thinking about him being born in the afternoon.

"I want him to grow up brave and strong just like his mother." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at him. As I thought of the combination of the sun and bravery, the words jumble together into the "brave sun."

"How about Isataiyo?" I say to Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru looks at me with his bright amber eyes, and I can tell he's content with the name.

"Isataiyo it is." He says.

"How wonderful! The twins will grow up to be strong as their parents, and hopefully with lots of love and compassion." Miroku says.

I give a small laugh, I turn to look at Sesshomaru and I see him closing his eyes in annoyance. Regardless I know he has grown close to all of them, if Sesshomaru won't teach them, I will. But knowing the Sesshomaru now, I know teaching them love and compassion are the jobs for us parents. I think it's also quite interesting how the older one is like the younger version of Inuyasha, and the the younger one is a younger version of Sesshomaru, it's like the two brothers went back in time and switched their age. We all enjoy a nice dinner together, Shippo and Sango's children helped me feed my twins milk. When night arrives, Sesshomaru and I take our children to our home. I change into my night wear and lay out the futon. Sesshomaru holds the twins in each arm as they sleep, I help him wrap them up in warm covers and lay them down in the center of the futon gently. I blow out the candles and the two of us lay on each side of our children, I look at them with love. They are like little angels, though they are demons but they are living beings, and two Sesshomaru and I, they are the result of our love. They are perfect, absolutely perfect. I lift my eyes away from them and look at Sesshomaru who's already looking at me. The moonlight illuminating his amber eyes.

"We did great Sesshomaru, and we will bring them up into this world with pride and love." I say to him.

"No, you did great__________. I'd never thought that I would meet someone, fall in love, and create a family with a mortal like you. I'm proud, and I've realized that you are a gift. For once, I would like to believe meeting you was a part of my fate." Sesshomaru says quietly with love in his eyes.

I can hear the sincerity and love in his voice and I would like to think that maybe just maybe, him meeting me was part of his fate and not just him creating his own fate. Without knowing, I  prop myself up on my elbow and leaned over Isataiyo and Kazuhiko. Sesshomaru must've sensed what I wanted to do and propped himself up as well, the next thing I know my lips found his. I kiss him passionately, we let our love run wild in the kiss, Sesshomaru caresses my face as we kissed. We pull away from each other and Sesshomaru kisses the edge of my lips, we lean our foreheads against one another. I smile at the intimate gesture, I see Sesshomaru showing me a gentle smile as well.

"Wish I could make love to you right now, it's been more than a year." Sesshomaru says.

"I wish for that too, but then I would be pregnant again. Unless if you want another child so soon right after our twins. Also, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko are here with us." I say with a small laugh.

"I suppose so, you had a long day, we have all the time in the future." Sesshomaru says kissing my nose.

I smile at his cute action, the two of us lay back down and looked at each other.

"Goodnight my love." I say to him.

"Goodnight my love." Sesshomaru replies.

I mentally say goodnight to Isataiyo and Kazuhiko. The night lulls me to sleep, our family is complete for the time being. The future awaits for them, and Sesshomaru and I will bring them up with morals and love. From that special day has turned into a week, then months. Sango and Kagome helped me look after Isataiyo and Kazuhiko, Shippo and Sango's children would occasionally help out too. Miroku, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru comes back close to night time from their duties and jobs and they would play with the them. Then at night time Sesshomaru would spend time with them with me in our own home, occasionally Sesshomaru would stay with me all day when he has time and would spend time with them as their father. The months turn into a year, then another few months to another year, then another. Sesshomaru found time for us to visit my parents to show them their grandchildren, and going up to the sky palace to Sesshomaru's mother. I found the time to play my koto for her as well. A-Un and Jaken loves them. As the years go by, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko grows up beautifully and wonderfully. I suppose being half demons, they age quite differently than human children, in 3 years they have grown up quite fast. Kazuhiko's hair has grown down to the length of his shoulder blades, the color darkened a little but the white streaks stays vibrant. His bangs and the frame around his face are flared but the majority of his hair is sleek like Sesshomaru's. His dog ears are white and fluffy slightly leaning towards the middle like a puppy, his eyes are a dark shade of golden brown probably due to containing half of my brown eyes as part of his genes. His personality is hyper and brave. Isataiyo on the other hand, his personality is becoming more like his father, quiet but charming. The moon on his forehead is slowly changing into a dark purple, the stripes on his lower cheeks are extending each year closer to his nose. His ears are getting more pointed as well, his eyes are golden amber like his father and uncle. His hair is sleek like Sesshomaru's and down to his shoulders. Unlike Sesshomaru's bangs, Isataiyo's growing in an angle to his right. Sesshomaru's mother has given each of them their own kimono laced with royalty on the sleeves and collar. Isataiyo's golden yellow like the sun, and Kazuhiko's purple with gold lacing on the rims. Although they are growing up with their own personality, Sesshomaru and I are teaching them love and compassion. We want them to grow up knowing those feelings, and hopefully connect better with the people they meet in the future. In no time, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko turns 5. Time flies, and we each grow older. I'm 31 now close to 32, I still have so much to see in this world. One day, I sit in the field with Sango, her twins and son has grown up into young girls and boy. My twins are playing with them along with Shippo who's looking after them as their big brother figure. The afternoon sun shining down on us.

"You're boys are growing up nicely, how are you doing?" Sango asks me.

"Thank you Sango, Sesshomaru and I are doing our best to teach them how to love, to cherish, and learning compassion for the things and the people around them. I'm doing great, I just wish I can go out and see more on what's beyond the horizon." I say looking at the tall grand mountains.

"I'd think that would be really nice, the boys are old enough to not require so much care. Talk with Sesshomaru, find time to go on a trip with the four of you. It would be a nice bonding oppurtunity as well, show the boys the world that they haven't seen." She says.

"You'd think that'd be alright? What about you guys? I won't be around to help out." I say to her.

"What are you talking about_________? Haha, before you came we did fine, having you not around for a few days won't make such a big difference, and even if you're gone for months, we would still be alright. Don't think that this village is a chain that is chaining you down and preventing you to go and explore the world. You're not obligated to be caring for this village like you owe us, we're here as well, we're family. Before you came here, it was your goal to travel and explore the unseen world, this is your opportunity to finish that goal of yours. Sesshomaru is here to take you around now, not to mention, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko needs to open their eyes and look further than what they are seeing in front of them. Trees may be trees, grass may be grass, and the mountains may be mountains, but seeing them from different angles and places changes everything that they know of them. So go, and explore. Don't worry about us, we're totally fine." Sango says holding my hand.

"You're right Sango. Thank you." I say to her.

We both look back at our children. Her girls are growing up into beautiful young ladies, her son is turning into a young man with a bright smile. Shippo is finally growing out of is child like appearance is slowly turning into a handsome young fox demon. And my boys are glowing under the bright son, they are different than Sango's children but I don't see them as any different than her's. Isataiyo and Kazuhiko acts just like them, all children born are like blank canvases. It's up to the parents to teach them what's right and what's wrong, teaching them what is precious and what the world has to offer. So far I think Sesshomaru and I are doing an ok job as parents, just like we said we would. That night, after putting the boys to sleep, Sesshomaru and I go out to the flower field, I take my koto with me. We sit down on the soft grass and I play the heavenly tunes on my koto. To think back that it was my koto that brought Sesshomaru to me, I'm grateful to have learned such beauty and to be able to possess the beauty with my very own hands. I place the koto aside and lean against Sesshomaru's shoulder. Sesshomaru takes my hand and I can hear his rhythmic breathing.

"It seems like something is on your mind, what is it?" He asks me.

"I'm turning 32 soon, time sure flies when life is at its peak for you. But I feel I still have a goal that I want to accomplish." I say to him.

"What is that?" He asks.

"Before all this, I wanted to travel and explore the world, but things came up so I had to postpone it, so I'm hoping to resume my travel, except, this time, not by myself, but with you, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko." I say to him.

"I see, it was your goal wasn't it? Then let's go travel." He says.

"Really? You would take time to do that?" I ask him looking at him.

"Remember when I said I would love to spend time with my wife? I would put down what I'm doing to be there with you. I also said that I would take you on a journey around the world one day on the morning after we made love as husband and wife. Let's make it happen." Sesshomaru says.

I smile at his words and I lean my forehead against his. We spend another half an hour in each other's arms in the flower field, it brings me back to when we were before, before having Isataiyo and Kazuhiko. Regardless, both lives are beautiful. The night ends and the next morning arrives, I tell Lady Kaede and the others about our planned trip the next day, I told her that we don't know how long it will be but they said to just enjoy with the boys. The day goes on like usual, helping out in the village and playing with the children. Night falls and the four of us are in our house, I begin to pack up for the trip tomorrow. 

"Where are we going on this trip?" Kazuhiko asks.

"I'm not sure, I suppose wherever the wind takes us, it's an experience for all of us. I'm sure your father has seen a lot already, it's just your younger brother, you and I that still have a lot it see. I say brushing his dog ears.

"I'm going to miss everyone." Isataiyo says.

"We'll be back, we're not going to explore the world forever. Besides, when you get older, you'll have to leave some people. Of course, keep them in your heart, but not everyone's going to stay in your life forever. So I think it's good for you and your brother to understand that at an early age then in the future. You guys are old enough to know these things." I say pulling Isataiyo into my lap and kissing his nose.

Isataiyo hugs me and Kazuhiko goes and hugs Sesshomaru. I finish packing with the boys helping me, Sesshomaru takes off his armour and puts the twins to bed in their own futon. The two of us lay down next to each other and turn to face each other, his long white hair lay around him and his golden eyes looking at me.

"A new journey awaits us tomorrow." I say quietly.

"Indeed, let's explore the world together." He answers.

I nod. I close my eyes while holding his hands and with a kiss from him I fall asleep. Next morning arrives, and we get ready for our next journey. The four of us bid goodbye to Lady Kaede and others before heading out. Inuyasha brought out Hidzume to us, The four of us walk out of the village onto the dirt road next to the forest, towards the open horizon where the mountains rests. The boys run ahead, Sesshomaru walks with me with our hands in each others. Hidzume walks beside me as I hold his reigns. I brought my koto with me as to not forget the thing that's so important to me before Sesshomaru and the twins. We finally exited the village area and on top of the hill where I first saw the village, Jaken and A-Un are waiting for us.

"Uncle Jaken! A-Un!" Isataiyo and Kazuhiko shouts and running towards the two. 

Turns out Jaken and A-Un are coming with us, I suppose it's nice to have Sesshomaru's life long companions with him, also the boys could use someone to talk and have fun with as well. I stop as I see the boys playing with Jaken and A-Un and joking with Jaken. I smile at the sight but something bugs me slightly, Sesshomaru squeezes my hand gently. I look back up at him.

"The boys are going to outlive me, but I suppose knowing that they're going to have a healthy and long life is the good part." I say with a slight laugh.

Sesshomaru stands in front of me and holds my face between his cool palms.

"The boys and I are going to outlive you, but we have lots to learn, you may have only lived for 31 years but you know more than us. We have a lot to learn about life from you. I have realized that. You once said 100 years is a dream for humans, and if there's something that can prolong your life in the future, I will do everything I can to find it for you. You still have years in front of you, and I'll make sure that every day that you'll live, you'll be happy." Sesshomaru says.

"Sesshomaru, having you, Isataiyo and Kazuhiko are my happiness. To be able to have the people I care in my life and my family are enough for me. Death is inevitable for us humans, but living everyday to the fullest and with happiness is enough I suppose. Even if we can't reach the 100 year mark." I say to him.

I stand on my toes and kiss Sesshomaru on the lips. Sesshomaru holds me to him and I rest my cheeks against afterwards.

"Mother! Father! Let's go!" Kazuhiko shouts.

We both look back, Isataiyo is sitting on A-Un's back and Jaken is standing with Kazuhiko holding his two headed staff. Both of us smile at the sight of family. We walk up to them and Jaken jumps onto A-Un's back sitting behind Isataiyo and grabbing onto A-Un's reigns.

"Father! I want you to carry me!" Kazuhiko says grabbing Sesshomaru's hands.

Sesshomaru looks at me and I smile at him. Sesshomaru kneels down and Kazuhiko jumps on his back and holds onto Sesshomaru. I hop onto Hidzume and the 6 of us look out into the vast open plain that is in front of us. A-Un, Jaken and Isataiyo is on my left, Sesshomaru and Kazuhiko on my right. Jaken gives me a nod and I look at Sesshomaru. His golden amber eyes looking back at me.

"You're going to run beside me?" I ask him the same question that I asked him a long time ago.

"I'll run right beside you__________." Sesshomaru replies with a smile.

"Let's go!" Kazuhiko and Isataiyo both shouts simultaneously.

We all give each other a nod and with a snap of the reigns, Hidzume starts galloping. Jaken snaps A-Un's reigns and he flies up into the sky with Isataiyo holding onto him, he flies just above us. Sesshomaru starts dashing gracefully with Kazuhiko on his back, and just like he says, he runs right beside me. I smile at him and he smiles back at me. Sesshomaru and I have come a long way in these few years, we've grown and changed each other, teaching each other and come to understand love and compassion. There were tears, smiles, happiness, pain, love and heartbreak. But without all of those experiences, there won't be today. I started with a goal to travel the world, I then met Sesshomaru on that fateful night on that hill, I fell in love with him and went through an emotional roller coaster because of my love for him. But in the end it worked out with both of our feelings returned. I then closed that chapter on my life, and opened another one with my marriage to Sesshomaru, we had Kazuhiko and Isataiyo and enjoyed a wonderful life so far. I'm about to close another chapter of my life, but I'm about to open yet another chapter. It was an endless journey of love and it will continue to be because Sesshomaru and I will always love each other until the day that I close my eyes as a human. I have the slight hope that I will live as long as they will, because Sesshomaru said that if there are possibilities that there are eternal life, he'll find it for me. And in this world where a Shikon Jewel and demons exists, I have no doubt that something that can prolong a life will exist as well. I have met so many people in my life, and I'm grateful for every action and path that I've chosen, no regrets whatsoever. As long as Sesshomaru's here with me, I can do everything and I had and will live my life for him, and now, for Isataiyo and Kazuhiko as well. The 6 of us dash off into the open world that awaits us, the future is not far but it can be scary, but knowing that Sesshomaru will be beside me every step of the way is enough for me to see the next day head on. The gentle wind brushes pass me, my black hair that is now free from their restraints flies behind me just like Sssshomaru's.

"I love you Sesshomaru." I mentally say in my mind.

Almost like feeling that connection, Sesshomaru turns to look at me, and once again I fall in love with his golden amber eyes like the first day that I saw them. As I gallop on Hidzume, I can hear the slight sounds that my koto is producing from the strings touching the cloth. The same heavenly sounds that once upon a time, captured the attention of a Great Daiyokai that is now the love of my life, Sesshomaru. 

THE END. ❤️