Meeting Her Golden Eyes

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

Sesshomaru steps into my room and I go up to him with my smile on my face. I wrap my arms around his strong body, Sesshomaru's arm comes up and my hair. I lift my head up and look at him.

 

"You're back Sesshomaru, I didn't expect you to be here." I say to him quietly.

 

"Well, It was just a talk. I completed this task so I came to see you. Are you not happy to have me here?" He asks me.

 

"Right. Of course not! Seeing you here and having you here with me tonight is exactly what I need." I say to him with a small laugh.

 

I push myself up on my toes and kiss him lightly on the lips. I then take his hand in mine, and guide him onto my futon.

 

"Here, let's sit down and talk." I suggest to him.

 

I pull out his swords and gently place them on my writing table. I then stand in front of him and guide him to sit down with me face to face. The moonlight shining through into my room and onto Sesshomaru, he looks like an illusion all over again, it reminds me of the night when I first saw him on the hills. 

 

"Well I told my parents about you, who you are and your race. I also told them about our engagement. They were surprised at first about you being a Daiyokai. Although surprised, they had concerns but they accept all of this. How was your day?" I tell him and I ask him. 

 

"I went to see my mother and told her about you, and about asking your hand in marriage." Sesshomaru says his Amber eyes burning into mine.

 

"How did it go? Was it difficult?" I ask him.

 

"Nothing's difficult for me, even if she doesn't accept all this I will still carry out what I want to do." He replies.

 

"I know, you're the type that will and can do anything with grace. But did your mother accept all this?" I ask him again.

 

"Well, my mother had no strong emotions. She's like me a few years back. My father married a human and the result of their love is Inuyasha. My mother accepted it all, but chose to stay out of it." He tells me with a flat expression.

 

"I see... I wish I can meet your mother and give her a good impression. Well I'm just glad that she accepts all this, us, our engagement and everything. My parents wants to meet you today, are you alright with that?" I ask him.

 

"It's the custom. I suppose I can take you to meet my mother as well." Sesshomaru answers with a small smile. 

 

"Thank you Sesshomaru. Are you going back or somewhere else?" I ask him. 

 

"Do you want me to leave?" He asks me with a flat expression but I can see a tiny sense of teasing.

 

"No. You know, knowing that you have that tiny sense of humor behind your cool and unfaltering exterior, it's such a precious thing to me." I tell him with a smile. 

 

Sesshomaru closes his eyes and he furrows his brows a little and turns his head slightly and let out small grumble. I smile at his pouting but his side view is flawless. 

 

"I guess you're not going then? Give me a few seconds, I'll go grab another pillow for you." I say starting to stand up.

 

Sesshomaru's hand grabs hold of mine so fast I didn't know what happened, although fast but his hold is gentle. He pulls me back down, his golden eyes gazing into mine. I couldn't look away from his, I feel like everytime I see him I'll always imagine that day that I saw him standing elegantly under the moonlight listening to my koto. Seeing him as a gift from fate and having him in my life. 

 

"You can use my pillow then, I'll just quickily grab another pillow. I'll be right back." I say trying to get to my feet again.

 

Sesshomaru's hold is still on my hand, he's preventing me from standing up. I look at him confused as to why he won't allow me to get a pillow for him.

 

"I can't let you sleep without a pillow or cover. I should get you one so you'll feel comfortable." I tell him.

 

"We'll be married, don't married couples shade the same bed? Sesshomaru asks me.

 

My face suddenly feels warm from his words. How could I forget? We did share the same blanket once already, and it's a moment I'll never forget. I smile at him, feeling embarrassed.

 

"You're absolutely right, how did I forget." I say with a shake of my head with a small smile. 

 

"Shall we head to bed then? We have another thing to accomplish in the morning." He says.

 

"You're right. You want me to help you take off your armory?" I ask him. 

 

"I'd like that." Sesshomaru answers with small smile. 

 

I scoot myself closer in front of him and I start to untie his yellow silk obi. Our faces are just centimeters away from each other, I'm looking at his obi as I untie it, I can feel Sesshomaru's gaze on me from slightly above me. I pull the obi from around one side of his waist, I fold it up neatly and put it beside the futon. I then take off his black body armor, I then unravel the big bundle of fur from around his right shoulder. His face gently following me as I undress his armor. Although we are fiances, it's still makes my heart pound just by being so close to him. I place his armor beside us and I hold his bundle of fur in my lap, it's so soft and furry. I smile while feeling it, remembering that we used it as our pillow that special day.

 

"I absolutely love this, it has your scent and it feels so nice." I say with a small laugh.

 

Sesshomaru then reach out and take his fur and place it on the ground over the futon, and it turns into a furry pillow once again. I turn back to Sesshomaru, his fair hands laced with his claws gently caress my face. His other arm then wraps around my waist and he lightly pulls me into him. Our faces were so close our nose are practically touching, his smooth and cool lips presses against mine, and I feel a rush of calmness and happiness flow through me. Sesshomaru releases my lips a few seconds later and looks into me. I look back up at him and I place my hand over his on my cheek. 

 

"Let's get some rest." Sesshomaru says with a smile.

 

I nod. While still holding each other's gaze we both descend onto the bed and lay our heads onto the furry pillow, I pull the blanket over us  and I rest my head beside Sesshomaru. His long silver white hair laying around his body like a silver puddle. My black hair around me like a strands of obsidian. We lay on our sides, facing each other. Sesshomaru's arm wraps around my me, and mine around his. 

 

"After you marry me, will you not feel regret that you'll be tied down to me?" I ask him quietly.

 

"Although I'm still getting use to this feeling of love, but I feel I'll be content being with you for the rest of our lives." Sesshomaru repies gliding his finger down my cheek. 

 

"Since you're a full demon, if we ever have start a family, won't you feel that your bloodline won't be pure anymore?" I ask him.

 

"That thought would have disgusted me a few years prior, but I'm coming to accept my half-demon brother. Since I've come to love you for you, I'll come to love our child." Sesshomaru says with a small smile.

 

"I'm so happy to hear that. You have changed so much, it's unbelievable how a few months ago you barely talked to me." I say with a small laugh.

 

"I suppose love change people greatly." Sesshomaru replies.

 

"Yes it does. Hey Sesshomaru?" I ask him.

 

"Yes?" He responds.

 

"Promise me you'll find happiness ever something ever happens fo me or after I leave this world. I want you to find someone else and give them your affections once again. I don't want you to be alone in the future." I tell him looking into those eyes that I fell in love with. 

 

"I'll decide what happens to me. You'll die of natural old age, maybe finding immortality will appear in the future. If there is such a thing, I'll find it for you. I don't know if I'll ever find someone else to love after you, having you is enough. The future is in the future, you're still young and we should focus on the present don't you think?" Sesshomaru asks me.

 

I can feel tears slowly forming in my eyes hearing his words. I brush aside his silky hair around his face and I kiss him on the lips. Sesshomaru kisses me back, I then rest my forehead against his. His nice scent surrounding us lightly. 

 

"I love you Sesshomaru." I whisper to him.

 

"And I you__________. Goodnight love." He replies.

 

"Goodnight, my love." I respond back. 

 

Sesshomaru pulls me closer to him, I rest my head under his chin and close to his chest. I close my eyes and I can hear our rythmic breathing in my silent room. The moonlight filling the room in a silver wash, and beside me is the strongest Daiyokai in the era who is my love. I fall into a peaceful dream beside him, when the sun comes up, it'll be our big day of meeting each others parents. Time seem to fly when you're sleeping, before I knew it I feel the rising warm sun in my room. I could't open my eyes because the growing warm feeling keeps me from fully waking up. I can feel a presence beside me, Sesshomaru's hand gently brushes aside my hair around my face. I feel happy knowing that he's still here with me. Without knowing, I fall back into a slumber again. Another hour or so passes, and I finally open my eyes. Sleepiness still lingers in me. I look around my room and it's lit with the bright sunlight now, I turn my head and noticed that Sesshomaru's not beside me anymore. I slowly sit up and look around the floor first and notice that his armor and sword are gone. I know it'll be a bit weird if my parents found him in my room before our marriage, so I can't blame him for leaving. My mind is still out of it because the sleepiness, but my eyes go to the window. Immediately, my sleepiness disappears. Sesshomaru is sitting on the window ledge and looking out towards the horizon. His silky white hair gently flowing in the light breeze, his white kimono reflecting the sunlight beautifully. His outfit is perfectly back on his strong body, the only thing missing is his bundle of fur. I look behind me and realize that I had it under me the whole time, I give a small laugh mentally. I smooth out my night wear and pick up his bundle of fur, I'm surprised that after sleeping on it the whole night it's still in perfect shape and fluffy. I stand up and walk up to my window, up to Sesshomaru. He slowly turns his head to look at me, his expression soft and flawless. 

 

"Morning Sesshomaru." I greet him.

 

"Morning_________." He replies with a small smile.

 

"I thought you left." I say looking out to the mountains.

 

"I had that in mind, but I couldn't leave my fur behind." Sesshomaru says.

 

"Well you know you could've pulled it from under my sleepy head." I say to him with a small laugh.

 

"I could have, but you were sleeping so peacefully. I didn't want to ruin such beauty." Sesshomaru says with a smile. 

 

I turn to look at him and his eyes bore into mine. I smile and hand him his fur. 

 

"Thank you for letting me sleep Sesshomaru. You ready to meet my parents later?" I ask him.

 

"Nothing scares me or frightens me, It's just meeting your parents. Are you ready to meet my mother later?" He asks me back.

 

"I know, you're the strongest and bravest Daiyokai in the world. It's kind of embarrassing for me to have you do something like this. You may not be nervous but I am a little. I'm determined but slightly nervous." I say with a small laugh. 

 

Sesshomaru then stands up and places his hand on my cheek and turns my head to face him. 

 

"If I'm not nervous, then you should try not to either. I'll be by you, so have courage________. You're going to be the wife a Daiyokai." Sesshomaru says.

 

"You're right, I should change so I can be a good wife to you." I say.

 

"No, I don't need you to change yourself, I just want you to be confident and be courageous as you are alright? I want to see the you when you went out to save the child that rainy day, and finding ways to free yourself from that demon that night." He says.

 

I nod. I hold his hand in mine and smile at his encouragement.

 

"I'm going to go change and get ready, do you want to meet in the front of the house in a bit?" I ask him. 

 

"It's decided then." Sesshomaru says. 

 

I hold his face and kiss him on his smooth cheek. I let go of his hand and grab my kimono and head to the washroom. I wash up, wash my hair and freshen up. I have to make myself look alright because I'll be meeting Sesshomaru's mother. I dress up and  head to the eating room, my father and mother are waiting for me. 

 

"Morning father, morning mother." I greet them sitting down. 

 

"Morning_________, did you sleep well?" My mother asks me.

 

"Yes very." I answer them with a smile. 

 

"So you say that we're going to meet your soon to be husband." My father mentions.

 

"Yes, well he's actually in front of the estate at the moment." I tell them straightforward. 

 

My parents stops eating and put their untensils down onto the table, and they both look at me a bit surprised.

 

"Yea, I know we kind of discussed about it prior and decided to meet in front of the house. Are you ready to meet him now? Or?" I ask them.

 

"No no, we're ready, take us to meet your fiance." My mother says. 

 

I smile and we stand up. We walk to the front of the estate and I look out the door. Our maids and house keepers were all standing a bit to the side and looking at Sesshomaru. He's there in front of the house, his back facing us and he's looking out towards the mountains. His snow white hair flowing in the breeze. I walk out and call out to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru slowly turns and looks back at us. I step out and look back at my parents, they are looking at him with an awed expression. Can't blame them or our housekeepers, it's not everyday you see the strongest Daiyokai in the era in front of you, or meeting you to ask your daughter/lady's hand in marriage. I smile at them and walk towards Sesshomaru, I stop in front of him and we both smile at each other. I then step to his left and the two of us face my parents. My parents walks up to us and stops in front of us. Sesshomaru and I both bow to my parents, Sesshomaru giving a slight bow with his head. 

 

"Mother, Father, this is Sesshomaru, a great Daiyokai, and my love." I introduce him to my parents. 

 

"Morning Lady, Lord." Sesshomaru greets them.

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lord Sesshomaru." My mother and father say greeting him. 

 

"The pleasure is mine." Sesshomaru responds. 

 

"Since you are a great Daiyokai, I hope our daughter can be an equal to you even though we are mortals." My father says.

 

"She is more than an equal to me,__________ is my love and asking her hand in marriage shows that she is more than an equal. My Yokai blood does not come into this situation,  aside from our immortality and mortality, we are all living beings when it comes to love." Sesshomaru replies straightforwardly.

 

"We're really happy and relieved to hear those words from you. We have already accepted you into our family when_________ told is about you and your engagement. _______ told us everything about her journey and meeting you. We know things weren't easy, but thank you for not giving up on our daughter. I suppose the question now is, are you happy with each other?" My mother asks.

 

"We are." Sesshomaru and I reply simultaneously.

 

My parents nod at our response with smiles. 

 

"We'll like to give you two our blessings. Have you decided to hold a ceremony?" My mother asks us.

 

"I'll let___________ to decide that." Sesshomaru says.

 

I look at him and I thought about it. I don't think a ceremony is necessary for us, just knowing that we love each other is enough. Besides, I don't think Sesshomaru is the type that would like to be surrounded by a lot of people. I turn and face my parents.

 

"No, I don't think we'll have a ceremony. I think just knowing that we love each other is enough." I say to my parents. 

 

"We see. Although no ceremony will be held, but I suppose gifts should still be included. Where will you be living afterwards?" My father asks. 

 

"We're not sure yet, but I'm sure we'll find that special place." I tell them.

 

Although I tell them I'm not sure, but I have a place that I want to return to and live in in the back of my mind.

 

"What are you planning doing for the rest of the day?" My father asks us.

 

"I'm taking________, to meet my mother." Sesshomaru answers.

 

"We see, we'll I suppose we won't keep you two here any longer then. We're glad to finally meet you Lord Sesshomaru, and we're happy to have you as our son-in-law." My father says.

 

Sesshomaru gives a slight nod, I thank my parents and we departed from them. The morning sun hanging high in the sky. We walk along the dirt road as we exit the town, we walk in silence for a bit, the gentle breeze and smell of flowers in the field surrounds us.

 

"Where would you like to stay afterwards?" Sesshomaru suddenly asks me.

 

"I know I told my parents that I didn't know, but I feel I know where I want to stay." I tell him.

 

"And that place would be?" Sesshomaru asks me.

 

"I want to live in Lady Kaede's village. I want to see Kagome, Sango, Shippo, Miroku, Lady Kaede, Sango and Miroku's children, and Inuyasha. I want to return to the place of beauty and return to the place where we sat and looked at the moon in the field of flowers.   I would like to do that again, what do you think Sesshomaru? Do you think it'll be fine?" I ask him.

 

Sesshomaru stops me by taking my hand in his, I didn't notice till I couldn't walk any further. I turn back to look at him, Sesshomaru pulls me back to him gently. 

 

"If you want it that way, then it'll happen. Your happiness is part of my happiness as well." Sesshomaru answers me.

 

His words hits me deep down and a feeling of happiness grows inside me. I hold back my tears and I smile up at him. Sesshomaru leans down and kisses my forehead.

 

"Let's get going." Sesshomaru says.

 

I nod. I go behind Sesshomaru and I wrap my arms around his heck and held on tight. He places his arms under me to support me. He then dashes down the road, the world around me seem to breeze pass me, the wind blowing the strands of my hair that frame my face. I rest my head beside his, I can hear his steady breathing even though he's dashing down the path. I close my eyes not knowing how long it'll take, but remembering him telling me his mother is up in a castle in the sky is so overwhelming and dream-like. In just a little while, the soft wind and his rythmic pace lull me into a light slumber. After a while, I no longer feel the wind, and everything seem still. I force myself to open my eyes, my arms feel numb from holding onto Sesshomaru. My head is still beside his, I lift my head up slightly and look at his profile.

 

"You're up?" Sesshomaru asks.

 

"Yes I am. Sorry for falling asleep. Did we just arrive?" I ask him.

 

"Hearing your steady breathing was relaxing. We arrived just a while ago." He answers me. 

 

I smile and I let go of my hold on him. He descends me gently onto the ground, I look around us and I was awed. We are surrounded by white smoke, I realize they were clouds.  The place is so white and heavenly I couldn't believe it, it feels like a dream. I look up in front of me and a set of stairs leads up to a higher platform. 

 

"Let's go." Sesshomaru says taking my hand in his. 

 

His sudden gesture surprised me, he walks towards the stairs and we ascended upwards. We walk side by side for about a minute or two, we finally arrive on the higher platform. The clouds are below us now and we're surrounded by the clear blue sky now, there is a big castle up ahead and another set of small stairs and a red platform and a big red chair with gold rims in the center of it. Someone seem to be sitting on the chair. Sesshomaru walks forward, guiding me with him. As we get closer, I can see that it's a woman with a light purple kimono with a blue collar. She has big fluffy fur around her arms and at the end of her kimono. She has snow white hair with straight bangs, her hair is styled into two pigtails and it flows down her back. She has two white hair ornaments on each side of her pigtails. She has fair white skin, a crecent moon on her forehead with a curly magenta stripe on each side of her cheeks. She has golden amber eyes with a big pearl necklace with a blue stone in the center around her neck. I realize she looks exactly like Sesshomaru, she's Sesshomaru's mother. As we stop in front of her, I look at her facial expression. She has a calm, almost expressionless face, just like how Sesshomaru has been a few months back when I first saw him. I stand beside Sesshomaru, he releases my hand and stands still. I did too.

 

"Mother." Sesshomaru says greeting his mother. 

 

"Hello My Lady." I greet her with a polite bow. 

 

Sesshomaru's Mother looks at us and stands up, she comes down the stairs and stops in front of us. Having her in front of me and seeing her beauty and feeling her presence feels a bit overwhelming, but I remember what Sesshomaru said to me. I mentally take a deep breath and calm myself, I smile at her. She gives me a glance over, and she looks at me, her amber eyes burning into mine. I held my breath not knowing what to say, a brief silence took over the heavenly place. Then, Sesshomaru's Mother's expressionless expression changes.