He Is My Rarest Gift

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

The warm sun pulls me out of my slumber, it has been a while since I had a good night's sleep. I sit up and I rub my eyes, I look around my surroundings. I'm in my room. I'm sleeping in my futon, a blanket over me, was it all a dream? Was Sesshomaru really here? Was he and I really together? Was I imagining everything? I then realize that my hair is falling loosely around me, pooling on the ground. I then pull my covers back and I find that I'm still wearing my kimono. My eyes feel swollen, was it from sleeping? Or was it from crying? I look at my left side and beside my futon is a white flower, it's a flower from the flower field. I pick it up and gaze at it, and I let out a smile of relief and realization. I fell asleep holding him and close to morning time, he brought me home. 

 

"It wasn't a dream.... it was real. Sesshomaru and I were together last night." I say to myself with a smile.

 

Although I don't know where he is as of now, I know I'll see him again soon. I get up and stretch my arms out, I go and wash up, I brush out my long black hair after washing them. Instead of putting them today, I decide to let them fall behind me. I feel more free that way, I use a small hairclip to keep my hair neat and out of my face by taking two thin bundle of hair in front of my ears and clipping it together in the back. I put on my kimono and I head to the meet my parents. They have already started eating, my mother's eyes looks surprised when she saw me.

 

"Morning mother, father." I say with a smile and I sit down.

 

"____________, when did you come home?" My mother asks me.

 

"Sometimes during the night." I reply.

 

"You seem to be in a good mood today, not to mention you look more you today, lively and glowing." My father says with a smile.

 

"Thank you father, I had a really good rest last night in a long time. I feel more at ease now." I tell them.

 

"I assume things worked out pretty well then last night?" My mother asks me with a smile.

 

"Yes, we finally cleared any misunderstandings and it seems like everything's going to be fine in the days to come." I tell them.

 

"What is this about?" My father asks me.

 

I look at my mother and we both give each other a smirk.

 

"Remember that special person that _____________ met on her trip? Well, from last night, it seems like they cleared everything up and will have a future together." My mother tells him. 

 

"Oh that person. Well looks like the trip was a great decision after all, I suppose time eventually made you all realize what you're missing in life. I'm really happy for you, you're finally able to be with the one you love. I hope to meet him someday." My father says with a smile.

 

"Thank you father and mother. Meeting him huh.... well for the time being, I think knowing that he is in my life now is good enough. In time I'll tell you all about him, I have to get to know more about him myself as well. He's really special, and really noble." I tell them with a smile.

 

My parents look at each other but then nod. 

 

"Father, mother, I want to spend the whole day out today. I want to go somewhere further, I'll be taking Hidzume with me. Please don't worry about me, I'll be fine. So if I don't come back tonight, I'll be back in the morning." I tell them.

 

"Alright, we won't worry. You're a grown woman now, you're free to do what you want. We also trust you to protect yourself, seeing that you came home in good health from your months long trip proves that." My father says.

 

"Thanks Father." I say. 

 

After breakfast I grab my koto and strap it to my back. I pack 2 blankets with me in case I want to stop somewhere and rest, I then go to my stable to get Hidzume. He's eating in the stables, I go up to him and pat him on the mane. 

 

"Let's go out for a bit Hidzume, it's a nice day. We can rest and I can play the koto to you. We'll be back by nightfall." I tell him with a smile.

 

I guide him out to town, after we exit town towards the grassy fields and forest, I hop on Hidzume. It's been a while since I went out like this, it almost feels like I'm going on another journey. I snap the reigns and Hidzume gallops off towards the road. The gentle spring breeze blows pass us as we travel down the road. My hair flies around me, the warm sun shines down on the luscious green grass. We ride into the green forest with sunlight peaking through the trees. I find a nice clearing with a tree, I hop off and tie Hidzume to it. I walk around the forest looking at the beautiful trees with bright green leaves and flowers. The bushes looks like green fluffs clumped together on the ground. It's so relaxing and beautiful, it makes me admire mother nature even more for allowing me experience such beauty. I walk around for a bit, the birds chirping away in the trees, small animals roam around the ground. After walking for a bit longer, I see something white behind a tree. I walk to the side as I get closer and I hide behind a tree. I can see more as the distance shorten, white silk lays around the ground, something furry is surrounding the white figure. Little patches of red flowers are on the pure white clothing. I know what or who it is by the moment, I smile as I see his profile. He's leaned against the tree with his shoulder fluff unwrapped and placed behind him acting as a pillow. One of his leg is bent up slightly as he is leaning back, his eyes are closed and his facial expression is peaceful. The moon on his forehead and the magenta strips on his cheek making him look as divine as ever. His sword is neatly and sheathed on his right hip. As I gaze at him, it seem so nostalgic. It's the second day that I saw him at the village's forest, at the time I was so curious and scared to approach him. So I just gazed at him in a distance. I still do, except I'm not scared of him or curious about him anymore. I'm gazing at him with love, I still can't believe I met him and fell in love. I lean back against the tree, I smile. I quietly walk away, not wanting to bother him just like that day. I walk a bit away from the place that he rests, I make sure that I'm far enough but still close enough so that he can hear me. I know he's a demon, he has supernatural hearing and power, I can be even further away and he can still probably hear me. He probably even knows I'm here. I find a nice grassy area in the forest and I sit down against a tree, I upstrap my koto and place it on my lap. I warm up my finger and place them on the strings, I then ponder what song I should play. After thinking how similar today is from that day, I decide to play the same relaxing song that I did that day. I want him to rest easy and sleep. I play the same song, the notes comes out beautifully and smoothly, the sound echos quietly around me. I close my eyes and I lose myself in such beauty of the heavenly tune from such instrument. After about a minute or two, I finally finish. I gently place my hands on the side of the koto and I lean my head back and smile.

 

"Rest well Sesshomaru." I say quietly. 

 

I then stand up and walk around the forest back fo Hidzume. I untie him and hop on. I take a look back into the heart of the forest and I head off. Hidzume and I stride on the road beside the forest for a while, I look around the area with the blue sky above me, patches of white fluffy clouds lays about the sky. Then Hidzume stops, and I pat him on the neck. 

 

"What's wrong Hidzume?" I ask him. 

 

He just sways slightly. I look around me, don't know if something is in the forest or not. My heart begin to beat faster.

 

"Let's go Hidzume, whatever if is, it's probably somewhere close by, we have to guide away from town. Let's go!" I say to him.

 

I snap the reigns hard and Hidzume gallops off further away from town, I hold on to the reigns tightly. Beside me is the forest, and I as we ride pass it, I can hear swift rustles in the trees. It sounds graceful and fast, but I can't see what it is because of the constant movements. The forest travels far but it's almost reaching its end, I slow down a bit, trying to see what it is. As I slowed down I can just barely make out something gray in the shadows, as I slowed down I can feel it slowing down as well. I suddenly halt Hidzume to a stop and face the forest. I'm still not sure what it is but I need to confront it. 

 

"What are you?! Are you a demon? An animal? If you're a demon show yourself!" I yell into the woods. 

 

My heart is beating fast but I have to stand my ground, it seems like it has me as its target. I can't let it head into town and wreck havoc if it's a bear or some other animal, or worse an evil demon. I wait a few seconds, there's no movement and I can't see or hear anything. Maybe the thing left, I furrow my brow but then decide to continue forward. I pull the reigns slightly to make Hidzume turn slightly, but before we turn completely something dashes out of the forest running towards me. I turn my head and my eyes go wide as I see what is heading towards me, but my mind couldn't comprehend what is coming at me fast enough. 

 

"Sesshom....." I gasp as I see him dashing towards me gracefully. 

 

Before I can finish calling his name, he jumps in front of Hidzume and I and grabs me around the waist with his left arm and before I know what is happening he pulls me swiftly off Hidzume. I don't even have enough time to hold onto him and he jumps far into the grassy field, my koto unwraps from the straps and falls onto the ground beside Hidzume. He holds me closely to him and when he comes to a stop in the middle of the grass, that's when I found the chance to wrap my arms around his neck. I gasp at the sudden but graceful attack that he just laid upon me, my heart almost feels like it's about to leap out of my chest.

 

"Isn't it quite foolish of you to ask a demon to come out from the shadows?" He asks me with a serious tone.

 

"Sesshomaru? You scared me half to death." I say to him still holding onto him.

 

"It's not a surprise is it, you even stand in front of danger. Provoking it to attack you, imagine if it's another demon. I don't think you would be standing here." He says sternly.

 

He lets me go and I look at him, his amber eyes burning into mine. His brows furrowed slightly and his mouth slowly shows a frown.

I couldn't help but smile at his concern for me. 

 

"You know, it's a divine gift to me that I get to see such facial expression on such a proud daiyokai and for you to show such concerns for me." I say with a smile.

 

He let's out a hmph, and looks up at the sky. His silver silky bangs gently flowing around his forehead. 

 

"I'm just saving a human from getting themself killed for being foolish." He says flatly.

 

"I know I was foolish, I was trying to be brave and I almost faced potential danger. Thank goodness it was you." I say to him.

 

Sesshomaru looks down at me and he lifts his left arm up and gently glides his graceful index finger down my cheeks, he then relaxed his expression and shows a small smile.

 

"You bravery and courage may have been foolish, but it's what draws me to you. You are willing to put yourself in danger to guide potential danger away from your town, it's admiring." He says gently. 

 

I smile at his words and hearing those words makes me think that last night wasn't just a dream, we did really confess our love to each other. I take his hand gently into mine, his skin is so smooth and cool. He looks at me grabbing his hand and looks back at me.

 

"You don't mind do you?" I ask him.

 

"I told you that I won't even allow a single human touch me aside from Rin, but I also said that you are an exception." He tells me.

 

"I remember, I asked because it still feels so unreal to me. I confessed my love and have my love returned by a great Daiyokai. I still don't quite believe it. I feel as if I lost my mind completely." I tell him. 

 

"Still dreaming are you now? Then how about we go spend the day together then." He suggests.

 

"That's sounds nice. By the way, weren't you resting?" I ask him.

 

"I was, but then I heard your koto." He says looking at the sky.

 

"Oh... sorry about that. Guess I should've thought against it and let you rest." I say to him quietly.

 

He looks down at me and let out a relaxed smile.

 

"It's been a while since I heard that song. I remember the last time I heard that song, was when I was resting in the forest as well. It brings back nostalgia and serenity." He says calmly.

 

"So you were listening?" I ask him with a smile. 

 

"Like I said. Such heavenly tune is hard to miss when it echos." He says with a small smile. 

 

"Let me get my koto first, I have to get Hidzume." I tell him. 

 

I release his hand and I run back to Hidzume, I pick up my koto and I restrap it to my back. I grab Hidzume's reigns and I turn around, I just back a little as I see Sesshomaru standing a few feet away from me. Talk about supernatural abilities and speed. 

 

"You can tie Hidzume to a tree, I'll take us." He says flatly.

 

"Tie Hidzume? You're going to carry me? I have a koto on my back I'll be too heavy." I tell him concerned.

 

"I'm not human, I'm a demon. Carrying one person is nothing to me." He says looking at me with his golden eyes.

 

I look at him and I nod, I tie Hidzume to a tree, I grab the bundle of blankets and I run back to Sesshomaru. He kneels down and I hop onto his back, he then stands up as if I don't even weigh a pound. I wrap my arms around his neck gently and I rest my head on his left shoulder because his shoulder fluff occupied the space on his right shoulder.

 

"Sorry for making you kneel down." I tell him quietly in his ear.

 

He turns his head slightly to so I can see his face, he's so close to me. His porcelain smooth face lined with magenta stripes only mere inches from mine, He's flawless. 

 

"It was my choice, you don't need to apologize for anything." He says softly.

 

He then turns and face forward and starts dashing towards the mountains, further away from the village. He's so graceful and fast, his long silky hair brushing against my arm and skin. I hold tightly to him, I feel like I'm gliding across the fields. He's so fast and graceful and it seem as if the world around us can't even catch up to his speed. We traveled for a while, the afternoon slowly caught on to us. We stopped in the grassy plains and he let me down, we look up at the mountains not to far along the horizon. I close my eyes and spread out my arm, I take a deep breath of the spring air. I open my eyes and I turn to look at Sesshomaru who's standing beside me. He's gazing into the distance as well, his expression relaxed and absolutely divine looking. 

 

"It's so relaxing and peaceful isn't it?" I ask him.

 

He doesn't reply for a few seconds.

 

"It is, but seeing the same sceneries over and over again for over 500 years, it just becomes a still picture." He says still looking at the mountains.

 

"I can understand how you feel, being a demon, time seem to stop for you, you see the same things over and over again until you finally had enough. But seeing it alone and seeing it with someone gives off a completely different feeling." I tell him with a smile.

 

Sesshomaru turns his head slightly and looks at me with his amber eyes. 

 

"Some people likes seeing such sceneries alone, and some people likes seeing such sceneries with someone else. Some likes both, like me. Seeing such beauty alone is a privilege, but seeing such beauty with someone else is a gift." I say looking up at the blue sky.

 

"Humans are weak, but they can be quite intriguing." He says.

 

"What do you think of this moment? I know you've seen such place for over 500 years already, but what do you think of this moment? Right now?" I ask him turning to face him.

 

The wind gently blows, Sesshomaru's hair gently flows around him. He then faces me.

 

"It's a day that I never thought would happen, but I suppose being here and seeing this place again with you, it does feel special and different." He replies. 

 

I smile. I then face forward and I start running through the field. I feel like a little kid, being free and having fun. It's such a precious moment, I can't help to let out my inner playfulness out. I spin and I jump, I would occasionally look at Sesshomaru and I can see his eyes focused on me, a small smile laced on his lips. To have such beauty and greatness in front of me watching over me, it's one of the most rarest gift that I can have.