A Request From A Friend

An Endless Journey of Love ~ Sesshomaru X Reader

I turn to look back at him, he's still leaning against A-Un. He's looking at the ground in front of him, his facial expression plain as ever. He looks troubled that he told me his feelings for Rin. I show a small smile knowing that for a demon like him to show human emotions is tainting his very being, but he told me regardless.

 

"I figured out as much, when she was younger I assume that you only looked at her as a companion like Master Jaken and A-Un. Then as time gradually went by, you begin to care for her more and more, you became her guardian. Now that she has grown into a young woman, those feelings changed into romantic ones. Love is a beautiful thing, don't push it away fearing that it will taint you somehow. Don't deny them when you come to terms with those feelings, because it will hurt you in the long run, you'll feel regret. Love is a strong emotion Lord Sesshomaru. Feeling it for the first time can be frightening, because you don't know what it really is. It can be seen as caring, admiration or curiosity, but in time it will all eventually come out as love. All those gifts that you've sent to Rin, from kimonos, to hairpins to bracelets. They're becoming items that grown women would eventually wear, instead of giving her items that does half of the job, go tell her face fo face." I say gently to him while holdng tightly to my koto.

 

Sesshomaru eyes wonders around the ground, the action is telling me that he listened to me and is thinking hard about something. All the while keeping an expressionless face. I smiled under the moon.

 

"I'm glad that you finally opened up to me a little, I know you dislike humans with the exception of Rin, but hearing you tell me your inner most feelings to me is an honour to be honest. I'm happy that I can tell you how to confront those feelings from a woman's point of view. So please, give those feelings some thoughts and take a hold on that chance." I say to him.

 

He glances at me, turning his head slightly. I gave him one last smile and turned away from him. I left him in the fields to his thoughts, I walk back to the village. I entered the village and Kagome is outside looking around, when she sees me she runs up to me.

 

"There you are_________, come on let's eat dinner. We're all waiting for you." Kagome says taking my hand.

 

"Oh uh sure, sorry I lost track of time." I say with a smile.

 

Kagome leads me to the hut, everyone's sitting around the table. I sit down between Kagome and Sango, then we start eating. Everyone's talking but I'm lost in my thoughts. We eventually finished dinner, and Lady Kaede brings out the tea table. I get up and pick up my koto.

 

"Where are you going________? Are you not having tea tonight?" Sango asks me.

 

"No not tonight, I'm a little tired so I'll turn in. You guys take your time." I say with a smile.

 

"You must be tired, Sango told us that you woke up quite early today. You should get some rest then, you don't need to wake up so early tomorrow alright?" Kagome says.

 

"Ya, thanks. Good night." I say with a wave and exit the hut.

 

 I walk back to my hut and put down my koto. I blow out my candle and sit down on my futon. I bring my knees to my chest and rest my chin on them. I look out the window of the hut, and without knowing tears form in my eye. My heartaches as I remember those 3 words that came out of Sesshomaru's mouths. Words that wasn't directed towards me but to someone else. I bury face between my knees and let my tears run down my face, I let my emotions loose and let out my surrow through my tears.

 

"You have to be happy for Rin, remember what you've said? Rin deserves all the happiness in this world. Don't be selfish, let those thoughts of love for Sesshomaru go and be happy for him to have fallen in love with a human. It's must've been hard for him to do so, you should be happy. Be happy for Rin, be happy for Sesshomaru." I thought to myself.

 

I lift my head slightly upwards, tears laced my face as I look out the window again.

 

"I'll bury those feelings to the back of my mind from now on. I'm content with just being his friend, someone who he can tell his inner most feelings to. I said it before and I'll happily take on that role..." I say to myself.

 

I then lay down onto the futon, I lay on my side and close my eyes. The tears still continue to come out. I cry silently until sleep slowly consumes me, that's when I lose my senses and the crying fades from my consciousness. The morning comes and wake up to the sunlight shining in, I get up and I have a slight headache and I can feel my eyes are puffy. I get up slowly and walk outside, the sunlight hits me making me squint. I walk head towards the stream in the village to wash up a bit. Sango and Kagome sees me and comes up to me.

 

"Morning_________, what happened to your eyes? They look puffy and swollen." Sango asks seeing my eyes.

 

"Were you crying?" Kagome asks me concerned.

 

"No, I guess I slept a bit too much. My eyes goes puffy if I sleep too much. I'm just going to wash my face at the stream, it'll cool then down a bit." I say with a smile.

 

"I see, first time seeing you like this. You must've been really tired last night. Take it easy today alright?" Sango says giving my shoulder a light pat.

 

"I'll be fine guys, you don't need to worry about me. It won't happen again." I say to him with a tired smile.

 

I then left them and went to the stream to wash my face. I run the cook water down my neck to wake up me fully, I then scoop a palmful for water and look at the clear water. I then slowly let it slip through my fingers back into the stream. 

 

"It's alright__________, you still have less than a month till you continue your journey, if things work out between Sesshomaru and Rin. You can move on and hopefully find someone else to love." I say to myself quietly. I get up and head back to the village, the day continues on like usual. Including the days that comes after. Without knowing, a week goes by, when suddenly someone comes to the village on horseback. He is accompanied by a few guards. He is a young looking man, handsome and dresses like a lord. He looks about the same age as Rin, that's when I realized that he must be the young Lord Kisho. He came earlier than he said he would, Kagome, Sango, Lady Kaede and Shippo greeted him as entered the village. 

 

"It's nice to meet you again Priestesses, and nice meeting you Miss Sango and Miss__________." The young lord says bowing fo all of us.

 

"We welcome you to our village Young Lord Kisho, what brings you here?" Lady Kaede asks gesturing him to the hut.

 

"I have come here to see the beautiful you miss that accompanied you all named Rin." He says with a smile. 

 

We entered the hut and sit down, Kagome brought out the tea set and poured all of us a cup of tea as we talked about his visit.

 

"You say you came here for Rin, we didn't know that Rin has spent some time with you back in the village. We just assumed she went around village everyday to look around and experience new things." Kagome says with a smile.

 

"Yes, sorry for not saying anything sooner Priestesses. Rin has captured my attention the moment I saw her, since then we have spent time together to get to know each other better. Before I knew it, I have fallen in love with Rin. I promised her before the of the departure that I will come find her in 2 weeks, I gave her a gold bracelet as promise. I have come here early than expected, The reason being I want to spent more time with her and hopefully help her figure out her feelings. She seemed a bit a indecisive on the day of the departure, but if I manage to help her figure out her feelings, I would like to take her back with me and marry her." Lord Kisho says with us with a bow.

 

"How romantic! I would give you and Rin all of my blessings if you decide to marry." Kagome says happily while clapping her hands together.

 

"I'll go get Rin, you probably want to see her at the moment." Sango says getting up.

 

Sango exits the room and went to go get Rin. In a few minutes, the curtain opens and Rin comes in. Her eyes go wide as she sees Kisho, her surprised face than slowly turns into a smile.

 

"Lord Kisho! You came." Rin says with a happy tone. 

 

Lord Kisho stands up and walks towards Rin, he takes her hands gently in his. When I saw that, my heart began to ache a little. It wasn't for me, it was for Lord Sesshomaru. 

 

"We'll give you some privacy to talk." Sango says with a smile.

 

We all stand up and exit the hut, I give a glance back at Rin and Kisho as they sit down and start talking. I went on with our day till night falls, we all prepared for dinner including for Lord Kisho. Miroku and Inuyasha comes back from their work, we told them about Lord Kisho. We all sit down and waited for Rin to come back, they eventually did. Rin's smile is bigger than it was before. They both kneel down in front of us and bow down together.

 

"What is this?" Lady Kaede asks them surprised.

 

"After spending the afternoon and evening together, we have discussed our feelings whole heartedly. It seems like Rin has finally figured out her feelings and decided to follow them. I'd like to ask for all of your blessings for our upcoming marriage." Lord Kisho announces with a bow.

 

All of us gasped, but eventually smiles.

 

"Is that true Rin? You accepted his proposal?" Kagome asks.

 

"Yes, I finally figured out my feelings and I have decided to go back with Lord Kisho and marry him." Rin says with a smile. 

 

"That's good to hear Rin, we're all happy for you. Of course we'll give you all of our blessings." Miroku says with a smile.

 

"Thank you so much." Both Rin and Kisho says in unison.

 

"When are you planning on leaving?" Inuyasha asks eating a slice of meat.

 

"Tomorrow morning." Rin says. 

 

"So soon, but I suppose tying the knot as soon as possible is the best. You don't want that chance to pass." Kagome says.

 

"Yea." Rin replies.

 

We all ate our dinner with joy and happiness and we all went to bed early so we can see them off tomorrow. Since I don't sleep early and decided to help Rin pack up her belongings.

 

"I'm happy for you Rin, but are you sure you figured everything else?" I ask her as I pack her kimonos into a bundle.

 

"After much thoughts I had come close to the conclusion that I maybe be in love with him. But when he came today and I saw him after so long, my feelings became clear to me all of a sudden. When he asked me to marry him I never felt happier." Rin says packing up her gifts that Sesshomaru has given her.

 

"I see, but what if there's someone who's also in love with you, but you don't know about it yet?" I ask her.

 

"There is? Well, I hope that he'll find someone who'll love him back with all of their heart. Because I have found mine." Rin says with a smile.

 

If only you knew that it's your very dear Lord Sesshomaru. I want to tell her, but I decided it's best if he told her himself.

 

"Thank you___________ for teaching me how to accept my feelings and to follow them. Falling in love for the first time is nerve wracking, but it's beautiful when everything works out." Rin says.

 

She hugs me tightly and I couldn't say anything else. I just hug her back while having Lord Sesshomaru in the back of my mind.

 

"Did you tell Lord Sesshomaru yet?" I finally ask her.

 

"I haven't, but since I know that I'll be gone when he comes, can you tell him for me? Can you tell me that he doesn't need to worry about me anymore. There's someone else who'll look after me and he'll make me happy. Tell Lord Sesshomaru to rest easy, tell him to go after something that he loves dearly. Will you tell him that?" Rin asks me taking my hands.

 

"I will, rest early then alright, I'll see you in the morning." I reply with a sad smile.

 

"Ya, good night_________." Rin says.

 

"Goodnight Rin." I reply and walk out of the hut. 

 

As I let go of the hut's curtain, I look to the side that's close to the exit of the village. He isn't too far away. Seeing him walking away right after I come out, I assume that he heard everything. A white figure catches my eyes. His long silver hair swaying side to side gracefully as he walks aways. The fur on his shoulder dragging behind him as he walks. Sesshomaru is heading towards the fields. I watch him almost disappear into the distance when he stops and turns his head slightly, I think he noticed me and is silently asking me to follow him. He then turns back and continues walking. I went inside my hut and grab my koto, I then head towards the field with the moonlight guiding me. When I arrive, I see him sitting in the middle of the field, the snow almost completely melted at this point. I walk up to him slowly and sit down beside him, no words were said between us. Without saying anything, I start to play my koto. Sesshomaru stays silent as I play and I looks up at the moon. I play 2 songs, one right after the other. I placed all of my emotions into the songs, when I finally finished I place the koto beside me and look up at the moon.

 

"I assume you heard everything already?" I asked him quietly.

 

"I did." Sesshomaru replies fatly.

 

"She's leaving tomorrow morning, it would've been nice if you talked with her today before she leaves." I tell him.

 

Sesshomaru doesn't respond, except the wind quietly answers me. I then stand up and and walk in front of him, I then sit down in front of him looking at his face. He lowers his eyes from the moon down to see my eyes.

 

"If you heard everything, I'm sure you also heard that Rin wants you to go after what you love and what makes you truly happy. Go after her and tell her your feelings before it's too late." I tell him.

 

He looks at me with an expressionless face, his amber eyes burning into mine.

 

"How would you know what I truly love and what truly makes me happy?" He asks me straight out. 

 

I was surprised by his question.

 

"Well love itself is a happy thing, it can be hard to accept and come to terms to, but when you finally do it's beautiful. Since you told me that you love Rin last time, I'm sure it made you happy to finally let those feelings come to light." I tell him.

 

His brows come to together as he looks at me, I know I'm kind of speaking on his behalf but I can at least defend myself for knowing such feelings as a human.

 

"You don't know me well enough to say what makes me happy." He says coldly.

 

"Hmm I suppose you are right, I don't know everything about you. But I do know that being with Rin makes you happy. All those visits and time shared together with her were memorable. Am I wrong?" I say with a gentle smile.

 

Sesshomaru's eyes slightly goes wide but he regains his composure right after and let's out a quite "hmm."

 

"At this rate since we are conversing with feelings involved. I'd like to think that we are friends now. As a friend, I would like to ask my first request of you. Go after Rin after she leaves tomorrow, I would like you to make sure she's happy. I also want you to tell her your feelings. Tell her when you're alone, at least, at least try to, at least let her know. Who knows maybe things may change, besides you two have a longer history together. It's her first time being in love, she's still new to it. Like I said last time that talked, feelings change in time. So Please accept this only request from me, as a friend." I tell him.

 

Sesshomaru looks at me with a furrowed brow, then he looks away with a slight frown. At this point I can say that I kind of understand his facial expressions, well the ones that he occasionally shows. 

 

"Thanks Lord Sesshomaru, as a friend, I want to see you happy. Well then I'll be going then, I have to see her off in the morning. I'm hoping you'll watch over her on the way. Goodbye for now." I say quietly with a smile

 

I then get up, picking up my koto with me. I look down at him with gentle eyes, he's looking to the side in silence. His magenta stripes on his cheeks defining his face, his silver hair pooling around him. I let out a silent mental sigh and walk away. The wind gently blows, it whistles around me as if it say something. But it goes unnoticed, only letting nature do its thing.