Beginning Anew

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Kai contemplated on his latest decisions and making amends with his wife over the past few days, he could only wonder what to do next. As the warm water continued to drench his body, he started washing his hair, quietly. Frowning, he just cleaned out his hair as much as he could. Once he shut off the water, he grabbed his towel so that he could dry off. Slow and steadily, he just dried himself off before putting on a new pair of undergarments and shorts. No shirt this time. Looking at the defogging mirror, he started at his own reflection before going to dry off his hair and face. In addition, he started brushing his teeth, not wanting his wife to deal with his post-dinner breath, knowing that her sense of smell has been heightened due to pregnancy. As he exited the restroom, he turned the light off to avoid waking Krystal before going to his side of the bed, where he relaxed and just stared at the ceiling. It didn't take long for him to just pull himself closer to Krystal and try to cuddle with her. As he draped his arm across her swollen belly, the young mother smiled in her sleep as she placed her own hand on top of his. Kai fell into a peaceful slumber as he snuggled up to Krystal.

Two weeks later...

Two more weeks pass by smoothly and quietly. Since Krystal was now required to visit the Doctor's Office once every two weeks, this was the second time. Within the next four weeks, she would be seeing the Doctor every week all the way up until childbirth. At the Doctor's Office, Kai waited patiently with Krystal. Because it was his first time to a Doctor's Appointment with her, Kai was a little tense. While it was supposed to be the other way around, Krystal was the one keeping Kai at ease and keeping him relaxed. "Darling, its okay, don't get so tensed up, you're kinda worrying me." She grabbed onto his hand.

Kai nodded, as he took a deep breath. To help him calm down, she grabbed his wrist and placed his hand on her belly, hoping that their daughter's kicks would help him calm down. He was a bit more at ease, but he couldn't help but worry about Krystal or the baby. Because he had left them by themselves for months, and even worried that her enduring it all by herself brought a lot of stress. There was only one way to find out. Finally, it was their turn to see the doctor. Kai helped Krystal to her feet before placing his arm around her waist while they walked into the Doctor's office. As Krystal relaxed herself on the Operating Table, Kai sat down next to her on a nearby chair. "How are you feeling today, Ms. Jung? Any headaches or pain throughout your body?"

Krystal only nodded. "I've been doing well. Happy to not be stuck on bed rest. Well, I've been feeling lightheaded on certain mornings, headaches on some nights, but nothing I can't handle. But I feel pain in my lower back, which is normal from what I read in the pregnancy guide on my night stand. Then I've also been having heartburn, but I'm sure that's normal too. Other then that, I don't think there's anything for me to really worry about."

"That is correct and good to kn

Please log in to read the full chapter