Recovery

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three days have passed since Kai returned home from China. Krystal still needed time to ease into the fact that he was home, having gotten used to doing everything by herself while he was away. Nonetheless she was still upset with him for getting up and leaving her in the worst time possible. He was making up for it though, by giving her massages, cuddling, doing chores around the house and showering her with a lot of love. While Kai was cleaning up around the house, vacuuming and such, Krystal was just relaxing, feeling reasonably moody due to hormonal changes, something that Kai has yet to adjust to. Oddly enough, he was very patient with her. After he put the vacuum and cleaning stuff away, he ended up finding his wife in the nursery, staring into the baby's crib, her hand on the railing. Quietly, he snapped a photo of her as she placed her hand on her belly. Because she heard the camera snapping noise, she turned around to see her husband relaxing his arm. "Sorry babe, just something for Instagram." He smiled as he approached her and placed his arm around her waist.

"Its okay. I was counting on it. Fans are really loving my maternity photos. Speaking of, I scheduled a photoshoot a few weeks from now." She smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"So...You ready for our first date?" He asked as they cradled their unborn child.

"Let me get a dress. I'm not going out in my pajamas." Krystal started giggling. "And you should get something more appropriate. We're not going to the beach." She smiled a bit before pinching his cheek.

Kai shook his head before going towards his dresser. To make life easier and since it wasn't a formal date, Kai just threw on a black t-shirt with blue jeans while Krystal just picked out another floral maxi dress. Luckily it corrosponded well with her husband's outfit, making her smile. "That dress looks lovely on you, darling." He smiled as he placed his hands on her hips, while at the same time glacing down at her stomach that kept them apart. However, that didn't keep Krystal from wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're pretty handsome yourself, darling." She said before they kissed on the lips. "Now let's get going. You know how traffic gets." She smiled as they went downstairs, put their shoes on and walked out the door.

As they got in the car, the first thing Krystal did was adjust her seat so that she could be more comfortable. During the car ride, Krystal was mostly looking out the window, staring at their surroundings. The silence was deafening to Kai, but he had to focus on the road. Once they arrived at their destination, Kai would help his wife out of the car. Together, they entered a reasonably fancy restaurant, where they were seated with a nice view of the street below. Even with the nice view, Krystal still kept her eyes on Kai. Of course since they were in public, they would not be able to have their little discussion, but for one day at least, all their troubles would be set aside and both of them did miss their bustling romance. "So you sure you haven't thought of any names for our little piper?" He asked as he grabbed b

Please log in to read the full chapter