Saranghae

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few hours later, Kai woke up gasping. He sat up rather quickly, sweating a little from his forehead. Finally, he just started crying, enough to awaken his pregnant wife. Krystal sat up to see that Kai was in tears, covering his face. Rather then get angry for being woken up, Krystal placed her arm around his waist before grabbing his arm to remove his hand from his face. "Honey...What's wrong?"

"Krystal...I'm so sorry..." He cried.

"About what, darling?" She asked, confused and a little scared.

Sadly, it was clear to Krystal that Kai's decision to disappear early on in the pregnancy was coming back to haunt him. Seeing how distraught he was, the young mother worried a reasonably great deal. "For leaving you..." He wiped his eyes. "I feel so horrible and...I had a really bad dream."

Krystal only frowned. "What was the dream about?"

"I lost you and our daughter...Hearing your cries for help in the delivery room...and not being able to get to you..." He shook his head.

The young mother's lips only started quivering, but she held her ground. While he had comforted her and helped her throughout the last few days, Krystal only felt that it was fair that she did the same for him. After all, he had been very patient with her moodiness and all. "Babe, that'll never happen in real life. Not only have you been by my side these last four days, but the pregnancy is going well...the baby is healthy...and I would never leave you...It was just a dream. A really scary one, but you've been through a lot." She reached upwards to straighten out his hair to get it out of his face.

Wiping away her husband's tears, she then placed her hand into his as she proceeded to kiss him on the cheek. "Now please, don't cry anymore. You're gonna stress out your little princess..." She pouted, cupping his cheek with her hand.

Briefly, Kai smiled before relaxing. Staring at her belly, he held it with both hands before speaking to their daughter. "Now, now, little princess. I'm sorry if I stressed you out at all. Just know that...Daddy loves you very much and so does Mommy. So...Be nice to her." He said before kissing their unborn child, making Krystal very happy.

In response, their daughter kicked, making Krystal frown. "A feisty one, isn't she?"

"I'm afraid so, sweetheart." Kai responded.

For at least the next hour, Kai began coddling his wife and ensuring that she was comfortable. Once more, he just massaged her lower back. "You're getting good at this, darling."

"Of course, I just want you to be comfortable. I hate it when my wife is in pain. Even though its...because of our princess." Kai said as his thumbs rubbed against her reasonably tense spine.

Krystal simply relaxed, easing into her husband's r

Please log in to read the full chapter