On The Horizon

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three weeks and five days later...

Nearly four weeks following on making amends with Jessica, Krystal had been focusing more and more on her pregnancy and her health, with Kai's help. The couple was mostly away from the public eye, not attending events for SM or any of the sort. At thirty-nine weeks, the pregnancy was truly taking its toll on the young mother and all she really wanted to do was take it easy and rest. So that she could rest, Kai took most of it upon himself. Whether it be house chores, obligations, errands or simply pampering Krystal, Kai was continuously on top of everything. For the last trimester of her pregnancy, Krystal didn't expect things to be so strenuous...stressful even. Especially with the situation on her sister. Thankfully Kai was there for her and she couldn't be more grateful. If she had to deal with it on her own...she'd probably be crying herself to sleep every night. In terms of their marriage, it would seem that everything has healed and Kai has made up for the lost time. All that was left was the couple focusing on their child and being loving parents...

Presumingly on her final day of pregnancy, Krystal was more worried then ever. The only things on her mind were labor and delivery. Thankfully, Kai has been very encouraging and supportive. The young mother had been woken up early by contractions, which had been acting up as of late. Her due date was just right on the horizon now and she could go into labor at any minute. As she relaxed on the living room couch, Kai was just finishing up with the dishes after they had breakfast. Sadly Krystal didn't eat much due to the contractions making her lose her appetite, making Kai worry. After he was finished, Kai joined Krystal on the couch, in hopes of giving her a massage. "How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

"Honestly...my stomach and my legs really hurt..." she pouted as she relaxed into his arms, cradling her swollen belly.

Their last photoshoot was thankfully at the beginning of the week, as Krystal really only wanted to spend the last week relaxing so that she could prepare for the delivery on Wednesday. Or possibly later in the week depending on how long she will be in labor for. If anything, Krystal was terrified because of how many labor stories she heard while at the clinic for her prenatal check-ups. Kai frowned as he couldn't help but wonder what was going through his wife's mind. He cold tell that she was scared, but he wanted her to know that he still loved her and will be there for her the entire time. "I'm sorry, darling." He kissed her on the cheek, prompting her to smile as he wrapped his arms around her, both hands on the belly. "How about I give you a massage? Where did you want me to start?"

"You can start with my feet." Krystal sighed. "So each step doesn't have to hurt."

Kai nodded before placing a pillow behind her to help ease the backache that she has been dealing. He then started massaging her feet, helping to ease the pain and separate her toes since they felt glued together. Krystal simply relaxed into the pillow for the sake of her lower back, before breathing a sigh of relief as her husband massaged her feet. He soon moved to her ankles, which had swollen up a little. That was another thing Krystal hated about pregnancy; her ankles and her fingers swelling up consistently. Grabbing another pillow, Kai propped up her feet. "Here, this should help with the blood flow."

She nodded as she relaxed her legs. Kai continue

Please log in to read the full chapter