Fresh Start

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

As soon as Krystal was finished cleaning the dishes, she checked the kitchen one last time. It would seem that Kai put away the left-overs of her chicken stir-fry. Less work for her. Holding her back, she took a deep breath before once more straightening out her dress. She then started the dishwasher before waddling back upstairs to join her husband. After briefly hesitating, she entered the room to find him already in bed, staring at the ceiling. Right now, she was also wondering if she was comfortable sleeping on the same bed with him. After all, as happy as she was about Kai being home, Krystal was still angry at him for leaving her for seven months. Espeically since he ran off to China to hide with Kris. Quietly, she waddled into the bathroom to brush her teeth and tie her hair into a ponytail so that she wouldn't have to wake up with bed hair. As she turned the light off in the bathroom, Krystal exited and waddled over to her side of the bed. Hopefully they could get everything sorted out within the next ten weeks. Currently, Krystal was thirty weeks into her pregnancy and only a few weeks ago she learned that she was expecting a little girl. As she got comfortable on her side of the bed, she just draped the blanket over her legs and opened up a pregnancy guide to read it like she does every night before bed.

After finishing her chapter, the young mother just started laying down on her left side, staring at the window even though the blinds were closed in the dark. Another downside to pregnancy that she hated was the insomnia and having trouble due to cramps, heartburn and back pain. As she felt Kai's hand touch her arm, she quickly swiped it away to show that she was still angry at him and it didn't help that she was really moody due to insomnia and cramps. "Don't touch me..." She said, still looking away from him.

Kai had a look of disbelief when Krystal swiped his hand away. "While I'm glad you're back home...I'm still mad at you..." At this point, Krystal was on the verge of tears. "Do you have any idea how it felt, staying home alone? Coming home to an empty house almost every night? Not to mention going to those Doctor's Appointments...by myself?" She took a deep breath, which was usually a sign that she was about to cry. "It was lonely, saddening. The silence was deafening. Then whenever I'm in public, people are staring at me. Now I'm really self-conscious about my weight and feeling insecure about the pregnancy." She sniffled a little bit, still trying to hold back her tears.

As Kai listened, he couldn't help but feel a heavy weight of guilt within his heart. As he turned away, he only started staring at the bathroom door. "And for these past seven months, carrying our little princess is just taking its toll on me...Every day I don't think I can possibly get any bigger and then I do as our little princess grows. With you not being there was just emotionally agonizing...Now I'm really scared that I'm gonna be in the delivery room by myself. Please don't make me go through that..."

Krystal then wept silently, doing her best to keep quiet, even covering so that she wouldn't be so loud. Kai on the other hand, found himself unable to say anything. If anything, he felt incredibly guilty. He even had a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach and could feel his heart sinking. Hearing Krystal weep was difficult, but he wouldn't dare touch her again given how she reacted when he first tried. Either way, Kai came to the conclusion that pregnant women were scary. He had to choose his words carefully, otherwise he would be getting an earful. Given Krystal's behavior and moodiness, Kai could only guess that her body had been dealing with a lot of hormonal changes. That night, the couple fell into an uneasy sleep.

Kai would not wake up again until 10:30 the following morning. If anything, he figured that he should let his managers know that he is back from China, having returned home reasonably late at night. As he sat up, he saw that Krystal was still sleeping. Then again, she needed it. Reaching over, he draped his arm across her swollen belly. Frowning, he then felt their daughter kicking. He tried to force a smile, but the guilt he has been feeling since last night was just eating him up. He then shook his head. After brushing his teeth, he got a black tank-top on before he walked downstairs to go make himself a cup of coffee. As he sat down, reflecting on his time back in China, he just leaned against the counter, quietly drinking his coffee.

Unfortunately for Krystal, she ended up having a nightmare, where she dreamed about having a miscarriage, losing her baby and losing Kai for a second time. This resulted in her waking up and screaming at the top of her lungs for five seconds. The screaming prompted Kai to nearly drop his coffee mug. Quickly, he set it down and ran back upstairs. By the time he had stumbled back into their bedroom, Krystal was already crying. Slowly, he made his way over to her, sitting beside her on the bed before pulling her close. As he held her in a protective embrace, Kai tried his best to comfort his wife. "Shhhh...Its okay, darling. I'm here. It was a bad dream." He said, hoping that she'd calm down.

Quietly, he just rubbed her back and just held her close, but gave her his full undivided attention. "Honey...Please don't leave me again...I don't want to lose you a second time...And...I...I'm scared. I'm scared of losing you and our little princess...Please don't go..." She pleaded.

Kai frowned when she asked him not to leave. The idea of losing him again was very terrifying to her. "Please don't go..." She cried again as he fe

Please log in to read the full chapter