Reparations

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

After momentarily hesitating, Kai opened the door, greeted by a somber Jessica and a worried Yuri. Jessica soon grabbed onto her wife's hand to help keep her calm. Kai then ushered both women into the home. As soon as they took their shoes off, Kai looked back towards Krystal's direction. The young mother was just on her phone, scrolling through her Instagram, but she soon set it down on the end table. "How is she?" Jessica asked in a hushed tone.

"Ever since that photo surfaced online...not so great." Kai frowned.

Yuri only frowned as well, feeling rather guilty. Jessica took note and proceeded to comfort her, placing one hand on her back and the other on her belly. "Its not your fault, babe. Please don't be sad, you're gonna stress out the baby."

The baby responded by kicking Jessica's hand. Yuri nodded before being taken by Kai, who wanted to give the Jung Sisters some privacy so that they can sort out their strained relationship. Jessica straightened out her shirt, ran her fingers down her hair and soon came into the Living Room and sat across from her younger sister, who was now quite visibly pregnant. Briefly, the older Jung looked away in shame, as she had not been there for her sister very much following the first trimester of the pregnancy. If only she had been more upfront, they probably would not be having this conversation. The younger Jung only looked at her older sister, waiting for an explenation and for her to explain herself. To help keep her own baby calm, Krystal kept both hands on her swollen belly, even straightening out her dress. "I'll be honest, I don't even know where to start." Jessica admitted.

Krystal turned to look Jessica in the eye. "You can start from the beginning." She said sternly while cradling her belly, gently brushing her thumbs in hopes of keeping the baby from fidgeting or kicking too much.

Jessica frowned, still unsure. Aside from Yuri, all of Girl's Generation knew that she was into women, but none of them said anything, at least not publicly. As far as family went, only their mother knew the entire time, but only didn't say anything because Jessica herself didn't say anything. Her Father ended up finding out the hard way, namely during her final year of High School when taking her to her Prom and saw her holding hands with a female student. Then there was the matter of her constantly flirting with Yuri prior to Girl's Generation debuting. "Why don't we start with your relationship with Yuri?" Krystal asked rather coldly, breaking the silence.

The Ice Queen froze at her sister's words, afraid that it was going to be the first thing that she was going to ask about. Jessica only took a deep breath, before looking straight at her sister coldly. "We first met in 2007. At first, we were just friends, bandmates. After our debut, things started to escalate. We became official in 2009, but kept our relationship a secret because of how...stigmatized same- relationships are in this country. That's why we were so...scared of saying anything...to anyone. Whenever we kissed, it was in private, if we were out in public together, we had to refrain from doing couples things..." She then trailed off, unsure of what to say next. "And the reason why I was scared of telling you... was because of how Dad reacted."

"Well, that explains why you and Dad rarely talked for a few years, especially during your time with Girl's Generation..." Krystal sighed. "But what made you think I would have been unaccepting of you being into other women?"

"Because not only did I have a rough patch with Dad... I also had a rough patch with Mom, even though she was more accepting...and Girl's Generation dealt with a lot of in-fighting o

Please log in to read the full chapter