I'm Here For You

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kai would wake up following a very uneasy sleep the previous night. From the talk in confidence with Yuri, to seeing Krystal in absolute tears upon arriving home. As he looked over, he saw that his wife was still sleeping. He proceeded to drape his arm over her swollen belly. He frowned as he felt their daughter kicking. Shaking his head, he slowly got out of bed and went to go take care of his hygiene. Around this time, Krystal woke up as well, but didn't exactly seem to have the energy to get out of bed. Still reeling from the revelation of her sister's marriage, which was most likely going to cause a stir, Krystal felt extremely moody and depressed. While she wanted to confront her sister, she also just wanted to de-stress and spend time with Kai. As the shower was running, she just relaxed into her pillow while looking down at her belly. Antenatal depression was definitely going to be a complication. From her last doctor's visit, post-partum depression was a risk. Baby blues were normal, but the young mother wasn't ready for either of them. As she cradled her belly, Krystal looked down, frowning as she felt the baby's strong kicks. The more the baby grew, the stronger the kicks got.

As Kai exited the restroom, he saw Krystal still in bed, looking down at her belly with a sad expression. It broke his heart to see her this way. Hopefully they could get things resolved soon. The relationship between them was so far smoothed out, but they presented with another problem. Most of the pregnancy had gone by in peace, up until the truth behind Jessica's absence came to light, as the couple had been taking all the necessary steps to repair their marriage and spending time together. With such thoughts traversing through his mind, Kai sat back down in bed with her. The first thing he did was pull her into a hug as they cradled their unborn child, followed by Kai kissing her cheek. "How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

"Tired, sad...heartbroken." She answered as she leaned into Kai. "I'm still really upset with Jessica."

Remembering his talk with Yuri the previous night, not only did Kai understand Krystal's anger towords Jessica, but he understoood why his Sister-in-Law did what she did. Krystal then grabbed his hand to keep it on the belly, simply wanting to be snuggled. Her phone then buzzed on the nightstand, prompting her to look over. It was a message from Jessica. 'Krystal...Can we talk?' appeared in the notifications. Before she could say anything though, the phone started ringing. It was in fact Jessica calling. Krystal was initially hesitent to answer, but forced herself to. "Hello?"

"Krystal, its Jess."

"Hey..." She responded, still hurt and upset.

"Look, I know I've probably been the worst sister ever these last couple of months, but..."

"That's an understatement, Jessica...You haven't really been around at all. Why didn't you tell me?" Krystal asked, tea

Please log in to read the full chapter