Love Me The Same

Krystal & Kai: Our Second Chance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four Weeks later...

Following Kai's accident, the couple spent the next four weeks in solitude, only leaving the house for grocery shopping and doctor's appointments with occasional dates. Otherwise, they were mostly at home relaxing. More importantly, they spent time taking care of each other, with Kai showering Krystal and their baby with love and Krystal helping Kai relax and take it easy so that his wrist could recover. Given the recovering time however, it would not be fully healed until after Krystal gives birth. Luckily for him however, it was with his non-dominant hand. Better yet, he was left-handed. Now that Krystal was officially nine months into her pregnancy, she was now going to be at having Doctor's visits on a regular basis. Not only that, but she was looking forward to doing more maternity photo-shoots. Sure, she took the occasional photos for Instagram, both on her own account and even on that of Kai's, but even then they were just updating fans on how the pregnancy was going. While it was quite the experience, Krystal still had a couple of complaints to make, which wasn't unusual of course...

On Saturday, Krystal had messaged Jessica, who hasn't really responded all that much in the last couple of weeks. Now that she thought about it, Jessica had stopped visiting since their fight, which happened while Kai was away. Shortly after she took a picture of herself, updating fans on how far along she was and to let them know about the upcoming photo shoot, the young mother sat down on the couple's bed. The last time she had messaged her sister was well over a month ago it would seem. While she wanted to message Jessica, she ended up erasing everything and just set her phone down and started crying. Kai came into the room a few minutes after and was greeted by seeing her covering her face with her hands. Frowning, Kai just sat down next to her, pulling her close to before placing his arm around her waist. "Darling, what's the matter?"

As she removed her hands from her face, Kai took note of how red her face and her eyes were. "I don't know, sweetheart. I haven't heard from Jessica in over a month and I really miss her. After our last fight, I don't know if she wants to be a part of our daughter's life. I don't know what to do."

Kai just pulled her into a hug and placed his hand on her belly. "I'm sure she'll come around, sweetheart. She wouldn't miss out on seeing her niece...or her little sister."

Krystal just hid her eyes into his shoulder as they cradled their unborn child, who started shifting around and kicking. "Now please relax, let's not stress out the baby, hmmmm?" He wiped her eyes with his sleeve before kissing her on the forehead, which was enough to put a smile on her face.

There were times that Krystal would forget that a stressed mom means a stressed baby, but it was strange since she wasn't always in control of her emotions. "No more tears, darling. I just want you to be happy. Can you do that, for me?" He asked.

Although she was a little distraught, Krystal looked down at her still-growing belly, where she saw Kai's hand before looking back up into his eyes. She nodded before they shared yet another kiss. The only thing really beyond Kai's control was Krystal's hormonal mood swings. There had already been a couple of nights where she lashed out at him and kicked him out of their room, forcing him to either sleep in the Guest Room or downstairs on the living room couch...but he would be woken up around 4AM, where Krystal would be apologizing to him in tears while pleading for him to come back to bed with her, at which point he would shower her with love and snuggle her until she calmed down. Knowing that she wasn't in total control of her emotions, Kai knew that he had be very patient. Though at the current moment, his worry for her was the fact that Krystal could be at risk for postpartum depression. However, he kept this to himself, not wanting to upset her and knowing that he could suffer from it as well. Best case scenario for post-childbirth, was the couple dealing with 'baby blues', which lasts no longer then two weeks. To soften the blow, Kai hoped to keep his wife up in high spirits and in a good mood,

Please log in to read the full chapter