Imagine: Jin

BTS in my house?! [Imagines with a storyline]

– Hey Lily, what’s your favourite song? I looked up with a confused face at Jin, who was standing leaning against the table I sat at.

– Eeeehm, why do you ask? I said and tilted my head. He shrugged his shoulders and responded with a “no reason”, but I could tell in his eyes that he was hiding something.

– I don’t really have one favourite songs, I love too many to have favourites. I listen to basically everything so it’s hard to pick only one favourite, I answered and chuckled.

– Well, name a song you love.

– Why?

– I’m just curious about your music taste, that’s all. Come on, name a song and I’ll see if I know it. His lips formed a mischievous smile but it was impossible for me to read him, what was his intentions? I sighed and mentioned a few songs I really liked, including some BTS songs.

– Hmm I don’t recognize some of those songs at all, how about you sing a bit of them so I know how they sound?

– Oh no no no, I don’t sing, I answered a bit flustered and tried to wave away the request with my hand.

– Oh really now? Well, a bird whispered in my ear and told me you in fact DO sing. My face became even more flustered and Jin’s smug face became even more smug-looking.

 

How did he know? I haven’t told anyone of the guys about me singing so where could he have gotten that from?

 

– W-what? How did you-

– Not important. However, you should’ve told us you can sing! I’d love to hear your voice.

 

Aah I see, he was asking the things he did before to try to trick me into singing. HAH no way in hell that I’ll sing in front of a professional singer.

 

– Well, too bad because I ain't singing and there’s no way you can convince me otherwise, I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

– Awww, why not? Jin tried to look cute by pouting his lips and I swear to god my heart was about to melt right there and then. However, I felt so insecure about myself that I couldn’t let myself fall for his tricks. I once again told him no and he sighed in disappointment.

 

I thought he would give up then, but oh how wrong I was. The entire day he spent trying to get me to sing. Non. Stop. He would try to catch me off guard when I was humming a song, sing and hum something himself in attempt of making me sing along and even ask me upfront to sing multiple times. It was so hard for me to not sing out loud, because that’s literally all I do. I love singing and I usually do it all the time but I’m waaaay to self conscious about my singing voice to sing out loud when people are nearby. ESPECIALLY if those people happen to be worldwide famous singers…

 

After a couple of hours, the guys decided to go over to the dance studio to practise. I felt so relieved to be left alone for a little bit, especially after Jin’s singing harassment. I started preparing dinner and put on some music on the speaker. As I pressed the Shuffle button on my playlist, one of my favourite songs came up. I smiled, turned up the volume and started jamming to the music. I sang along as I cooked, knowing every word of the song.

 

As the music faded, I heard slow clapping coming from my right.

– I knew you could sing. I quickly turned around in fear and saw Jin standing in the kitchen, applauding towards me with a huge grin on his face.

– J-Jin when did you get here?! I, was panicking. He had heard me singing!

– Just a couple of seconds ago. The door was unlocked and you were playing so loud music that I could just waltz in and enjoy the show. Jin walked up towards me and I felt my face started to heat up from embarrassment.

– W-well don’t you know it’s considered rude to eavesdrop? I said and crossed my arms over my chest. Jin laughed.

– I don’t think it’s considered “eavesdropping” if you’re singing so loud the neighbours might hear. My eyes widened.

– Did-did I really sing that loud?

– Naah, I’m just messing with ya, he said with a smirk. I playfully hit his arm.

– One thing’s for sure: you do sing well.

– Pfft, yeah right.

– I mean it Lily. You have a very beautiful voice. His face became more serious as he spoke, which made me feel more embarrassed.

– Y-you really think so? I mean, I guess I have an okay voice but compared to you guys, who are professional singers, I’m just trash… I looked down at my feet feeling ashamed over myself. Then Jin suddenly grabbed my shoulders which caught me off-guard.

– Don’t say that. You’re not trash. And you shouldn’t compare yourself with us just because we’re professionals. I didn’t know how to sing until I became a trainee at Bighit and got vocal-lessons. But you? You’re a natural. You just need a little confidence-boozt. Lucky for you, I happen to have more than enough confidence that I can share with you.

 

My eyes widened at his sincere words. No one has ever complimented me in that way before. His kind eyes and soft smile gave me butterflies in my stomach, especially his smirk that formed at his last sentence. I smiled.

– Thank you Jin, it means a lot to me. But I’m pretty sure you can’t just give me your confidence, I don’t think that’s how it works.

– Hmm, you’re right. Guess I just have to remind you all the time of how great, cute and talented you are, he said with a wink.

– J-Jiiin, I whined in embarrassment and looked away, trying to hide my smile. He just chuckled and brought me in for a hug.