» Clueless «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Classes were dismissed once the clock struck twelve. A swarm of students was seen heading towards the cafeteria. Murmurs filled the hallways as they discussed different topics on the way, ranging from complaints due to exhaustion caused by the many class assignments, to gossip regarding their fellow mates.

Seulgi and Naeun walked side by side, heading towards the cafeteria when Seulgi abruptly held her friend's hand, stopping on her tracks. Naeun looked back questioningly at her, who had a smirk gracing her beautiful facial features.

"Nuh uh, we ain't heading to the cafeteria. Did you forget your promise already?" she asked.

Naeun cocked her eyebrow at her friend, got lost in her thoughts for a while before nodding once she could comprehend the meaning behind her friend's words.

"Ahh, we aren't having our lunch in school today," she stated.

"And you'll be the one paying for us," winked Seulgi.

"Alright!" as Naeun began walking towards the school gates, she was once more stopped by her friend.

"What is it now?" she asked.

"If we go alone, it won't be fun. Give me a few seconds and I'll get us more company," grinned Seulgi before walking away.

More company?, Naeun wondered what she meant by that. Is she going to make her pay for other people too aside from her?

Worried about herself, she slid her hand into her pockets, fished for her wallet before taking it out. Opening to check how much money she was remaining with, she had her eyes bulge outwards, almost popping out of their sockets.

"!" she cussed under her breath before returning her wallet back into her pocket.

"At this rate, I'll be empty pocketed before my day comes to an end, how am I supposed to go back home without my transport fare?" she asked herself as she glanced at her friend walking further away.

Soon, her worried face was replaced with a sly smile as she thought of a plan.

"If I run away now, she won't be able to get me," she smirked.

Meanwhile, Seulgi, who hadn't reached that far from her friend yet, bumped into Son Seungwan, their usual outing fellow who's also a good friend of both.

"Oh, Kang Seulgi, where are you hurrying off to?" she asked.

"To the rest, you still remember our plan of having lunch together, right?"

"You mean Naeun's treat," Seungwan wiggled her eyebrows, grinning at the mention of food.

She was aware beforehand that Naeun was going to treat them for lunch, it initially was her plan and Seulgi's. This isn't the first time Seulgi is using Naeun's weakness to get back at her. Knowing that the two were set for a group assignment, she knew her friend would obviously get distracted by other things rather than focus on their work, thus providing her the chance of demanding something in return

Their friendship is quite weird and complicated at times, but it's among the rarest you'll ever find on planet earth.

"Yap! She's there, waiting for you guys," Seulgi answered while pointing to where her friend was standing, before scurrying off to get the rest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter