» The note «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" She said they ain't on talking terms, yet Seulgi's ring fell close to her locker... ", Donghan was trying to piece together the information he had just obtained from the events which occurred upon his arrival in school, up to that very moment he was seated in his class.

" How can it fall there if Seulgi didn't follow that weirdo to her locker? ", he continued asking himself, attempting to conclude the real reason behind these incidents.

The guy felt something was off regarding the whole situation. He found it difficult to convince himself that it all was just a mere "accident", since he strongly believed there was something more to that.

" You OK?! ", a hand came waving in front of his face which he soon learnt belonged to his seatmate, Lim Sejun, the moment he looked up at him.

" Stop talking to yourself buddy, it's creepy ", Sejun went on as he kept what he'll require for the first lesson on top of his desk.

Donghan simply chuckled before drifting back into his thoughts, viewing his memories of the recent events from a different perspective as he searched for the truth.

****

" Why are you staring like that? ", Naeun asked Seulgi, who was looking at her friend with eyes sparkling of joy.

" Thank you", she replied with a smile etched on her lips.

" What for? "

" For losing my ring ", Seulgi grinned before reaching out her hand to pinch the latter's cheek.

Naeun couldn't help but let a chuckle slip out of . She secretly was thankful to Donghan, who managed to return Seulgi's ring before the girl even discovered it was lost. Had it been the other way round, Naeun would have been forced to face her best friend's wrath.

" You should thank Donghan, not me. He's the one who found your ring ", reasoned Naeun as a smirk crept its way on her lips.

" Speaking of that... ", Seulgi turned away before resuming, " I didn't thank him ", she heaved a sigh as she furrowed her eyebrows.

" Then you better do so during break ", Naeun winked at her friend.

And so, Kang Seulgi resolved to personally thanking Donghan once they were free from classes but contrary to her plans, she couldn't. She simply ended up losing the willpower of doing so, every time she spots him in the corridors during break, thus fleeing from what she had planned by avoiding him. She would either act like she didn't notice his presence, or take a different path the moment she spots him. It felt a lot harder putting it in action than just planning it in the back of her head.

" Have you done it? ", Naeun questioned her friend for the nth time as the two took a seat at the cafeteria opposite one another during lunch.

" Not yet ", Seulgi worriedly glanced at her friend before averting her gaze.

Soon, her cell phone beeped hence took it out of her pockets, dropping her unclipped wallet in the process. Seulgi was unaware that it dropped as she was busy with her phone. As Naeun bent down to pick up the open wallet, she noticed something which made her pause for a moment, squint her eyes just to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.

Inside Seulgi's wallet was a picture she took some time ago, of her and her ex-boyfriend, Oh Sehun. Their break up wasn't on good terms and Naeun was aware of the difficulties her friend faced as she tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter