» An Unforeseen Twist «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stepping foot inside his house, which was rather quiet than it usually is, his recent memories made it impossible wipping off his joyous face. Passing by the living room, he noticed the presence of a young boy, whom he recognized being his brother's friend. Donghan tried containing his overall composure as he didn't want to seem like a lunatic, grinning for no apparent reason, but to no avail. A faint smile on his face still exposed his enormous delight.

A little surprised at his presence, the younger boy let out an inaudible gasp before greeting him with his utmost respect, "Hello sunbae," a smile painting its way on his lips.

"Hyung would sound better," Donghan warmly mirrored his expression before proceeding, "It's your first time being our guest, is it? Feel at home."

"Thank you," the latter shyly responded.

Heading towards the kitchen to quench his thirst with a glass of water, he was welcomed with the sight of his younger brother, pouring two glasses of fresh apple juice for himself and his guest.

"I'm surprised you didn't welcome your beloved brother home," Donghan teased, startling the latter, who soon his back to meet his elder brother, suspiciously slipping his hands into his pockets within a split second.

"Welcome back hyung!" his signature, ridiculous grin etched on his lips.

This boy seems up to no good, Donghan thought as he narrowed his eyes down the younger, before concealing it all behind a smile.

"Won't you hug me as you usually do?" he questioned.

"I'm tryna act more like a grown up, you know," he shrugged, a tiny giggle erupting from his throat, his hands securely hidden within his pockets.

"Tsk, idiot. Where's mom and dad anyways?"

"They're at grandma's place since a few hours earlier," responded Yohan.

The elder nodding after hearing out his explanation, he decided to take his leave before the younger proceeded talking.

"I'll be going out too with Suhwan in a while, won't take long," his grin grew wider.

Switching his gaze back to his younger brother, he scrutinized him from head to toe before commenting.

"No wonder you're all dressed up. An all boys outing?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Somehow," Yohan chuckled.

"Is that Hyewon girl you crush on so hard included?"

"What?!" the poor guy exclaimed.

This is what you get for eavesdropping, thought Donghan as he cocked an eyebrow before adding, "Well, you're ever on the phone with her. I don't think you'd dress up this much if she wouldn't be present," a smirk gracing his handsome features.

"No no! She's just a close friend!" Yohan finally let his hands out of his pockets, waving them in front of his face before proceeding, "We have nothing going on between us and I don't crush over her."

However, his brother wore a face completely contrasting his initial expression, and that was when Yohan realised he had screwed. Quickly slipping his hands back into his pockets, he hoped his brother didn't see the bracelet he wore. Silently fleeing from the scene, heading straight to his room, he called out to his friend at the living room.

"Give me a few minutes and I'll be back soon!" awkward chuckles slipping out of his mouth, he pace picking up with every step he took forward.

Not wanting to make a scene in front of the guest, Donghan closely followed his brother behind, making sure he looked neutral. Once at the staircase, a safe distance away from the living room, their chase began.

"You think I didn't see that, get your over here!" he yelled as he sped his way up the stairs.

Running for his life, Yohan locked himself in his bedroom, further seeping anger into the elder's veins.

"If you're man enough to steal my stuff while I'm not around, how about you face me?" Donghan's scoldings could be heard from the other side of the door.

"I'm not stealing, I'm just borrowing it for sometime!" defended the younger.

"You're definitely not, you weren't trying to hide it from me either and I can clearly remember you 'burrowing' it from me," replied Donghan with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Hyung, let's not make it a big deal, just let me wear your bracelet for now, please?" the latter couldn't give up just yet.

"Maybe if you indeed borrowed it, I might have considered. You know very well that thing would be out of your reach anyways which is why you took it behind my back!"

"See, in the end of the day, it's your fault!"

"You dare put the blame on me!"

Yohan was now silent, but wouldn't unlock the door, neither step out of the room, further infuriating his elder brother.

"This is what you get for being the second born. Your parents constantly set the bar high for you, expecting you to exceed your elder sibling's achievements, while the younger one barely respects you," grumbled Kim Donghan.

"Hyung, don't say that-"

"Is mom even aware you're going?" he cut his younger brother mid-sentence

While the two were still bickering, momentarily forgetting about their guest, Suhwan decided to check on Yohan as he thought he was taking way too long. A few minutes ago, he received a call from their friends, notifying him that they've reached where they're to meet.

"He asked for a few minutes, but it's taking longer than expected," Suhwan mumbled under his breath, still contemplating on whether it's right for him to go check on Yohan, or not.

Receiving yet another call from his peers enabled him reach for a conclusion.

"At this rate, we'll be very late," the guy stood on his feet before heading for the stairs.

"Yes, she's very much aware!" the argument was still ongoing while Suhwan ascended the staircase.

"How about the fact girls are included among those you'll be hanging out with?" went on Donghan, his voice dripping venom.

Setting his foot into the corridor leading to Yohan's room, the boy could now see Donghan standing next to his door, his hands crossed as he wore a scowl on his face. Suhwan was caught off-guard after picking up a portion of their bickering. Standing frozen on his spot, he soon decided it'd be safer to leave before Donghan notices his presence.

"Wooaah, mom knows all of my friends! Bold of you to think I'd keep things from her or do nasty stuff behind her back like yourself!"

Donghan's eyebrows further knit in annoyance,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter