» Seulgi's Ring «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As the sun shone brightly in the middle of the horizon, beautifully illuminating the outskirts of Seoul, a new day had begun, with people leaving their homes to head off to their respective businesses, filling the city with life in the process.

Naeun woke up with a smile etched on her face as she stretched her arms. That day, the alarm only needed to ring once to get her off her bed.

That's so unusual of her.

She usually snoozes it at a minimum of three times before becoming totally convinced it's time to leave dreamland and come to the cruel world of reality.

School...

But that day was an exception as there was something worth anticipating for...

Seulgi and Donghan's first conversation.

She couldn't wait to find out how the future events would unfold, what would be her friend's reaction once he gives her back her lost ring. However, she was forgetting something which soon wiped her smile off upon recalling...

"Seulgi will surely kill me," she muttered under her breath as she remembered she'll have to face Seulgi's wrath once the girl finds out her ring is lost.

But in the end of the day, she'll definitely be the happiest girl in Kyungha High, secretly thankful to her dear friend for "losing" her precious ring.

Getting ready for the day and having her breakfast, Naeun headed to school while constantly assuring herself throughout the way that it will all be OK. Once she was finally within the school's premises, she headed towards her locker to get her stuff when she suddenly got disrupted off her thoughts.

"Excuse me?" she heard a familiar male voice talk next to her.

Why see your face at the start of the day?, she mentally questioned as she bit the insides of her cheeks. She was still unable to forget what happened the previous day, wondering how she'll be able to face him.

She was sure of one thing, and that was he thinks of her as a foolish senior.

Noticing that the girl was silent yet stopped what she was doing, Donghan assumed she heard him, but was too embarrassed to actually reply hence he proceeded to talk.

"Is this... your ring?" The guy was a little hesitant since who knew that weirdo might just explode the way she did the last time they talked. She was still embarrassed, and it was the very same reason which got her mad the previous day.

Naeun took a deep breath before turning to face him, masking all her fears behind a beautiful smile. Noticing her positive reaction, he too smiled back at her. The girl was awestruck for a moment, his smile is gorgeous, she thought but soon brushed away whatever was crossing her mind at that moment.

"Huh? Ummm..." it all suddenly felt awkward as she found it difficult to talk.

Is his smile that powerful? No wonder Seulgi fell for him...

"Oh, that ring isn't mine... But I think I know its rightful owner," back into her act, she took the ring he had in hand as she began examining it.

"This is Kang Seulgi's ring," she concluded before looking up at him, who still had his gaze on her. 

"And who's Kang Seulgi?" he asked.

"My classmate," she answered as she continued further examining the ring, just to avoid eye contact.

"Great, then you'll give it to her," he grinned before proceeding to walk away.

"Donghan!" she called once he was quite a distance away from her.

Again, wrong move, she thought to herself once re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter