» Pursuit of theft «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's pass by my house before going back to school, you can't spend the rest of your day in that shirt," suggested Hayoung as she flashed Naeun her adorable, gummy grin.

The elder girl couldn't help but get flustered over the latter's actions. She tried rejecting her offer by saying she's OK but Hayoung repeated the very same statement Naeun used on her earlier, to convince her for lunch.

"I won't take 'NO' for an answer," she giggled before walking ahead, with Naeun closely following behind.

A smile made it's way on to Naeun's lips upon the memory of Hayoung's reply to her request during lunch.

"Don't worry, you can on me," she smirked with a hint of mischief in her tone.

Her kind gestures left the cupid feeling indebted towards her, have traces of guilt surge her chest for not being genuine in their friendship. I'm sorry Hayoung, she thought to herself as she made a promise to befriend her in future, not cause she needs something from her, but because she'd love to have such a pure hearted soul close by.

"Come in!" the younger girl chirped as she opened the door to her house, giving way for Naeun to walk in.

With an awkward smile, she commented, "You really don't live far from school."

"Didn't I tell you my house is very close?" went on Hayoung, holding the latter's hand as she guided her towards the living room.

"Have a seat," she smiled, gesturing at the sofa set present in the room.

Naeun followed the younger's instructions as her eyes keenly observed her surroundings. What a lovely house, she thought as the simplicity of her environment's setting mesmerised her. It was a cosy, medium sized apartment, radiating a feeling of warmth and comfort, much to Naeun's liking.

Noticing the girl's eyes darting from one item to another present in the living room, clueless of what was running in the latter's head, Hayoung hesitantly commented, "I wasn't expecting guests, sorry if it's a little bit messy around her," she scratched her nape.

"No, it looks perfectly fine. I'm already feeling at home," Naeun grinned, battling with her insides over her choice of words. Did she say the right thing? She mentally questioned herself.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," stated Hayoung before walking towards her room.

Soon, Naeun was left all alone in the living room, seated idle, before someone's unexpected presence startled her being. A familiar looking guy walked out of the kitchen before stopping on his tracks upon her shrill, unnecessarily loud gasp. Do I look like a ghost? He wondered as he cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Geez, you scared the poor girl! What are you doing here anyways, Sehun?", scolded Hayoung as she made her way towards the living room with a clean shirt in hand.

Sehun... Oh Sehun, Oh Hayoung! Realization hit her, the two are siblings and that's what they share the same surname.

"Wow! what a warm welcome from my lovely sister," he exclaimed with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

The two were soon caught in what seemed like a glaring contest, with eyebrows knitting and lips tightly pursed. Their guest, whom they've momentarily forgotten about, had her eyes dart back and forth between their faces, comparing and contrasting their facial features.

No wonder they closely resemble each other, she thought as she continued further studying their faces from where she was seated.

Few seconds later, Sehun tore his gaze from his younger sister, gluing it on the unexpected guest as he found her awfully familiar. It was then when Hayoung remembered about Naeun's presence.

"Sorry," she apologised while clearing before resuming to talk, "This is my elder brother, Oh Sehun," she introduced, simpering at the sudden awkwardness lingering in the air.

However, Hayoung got no reply from her guest as she was busy staring at a particular person standing beside her. The girl followed Naeun's gaze, which led her to her elder brother, who no longer wore the scowl he had a few seconds ago.

Sehun had his facial muscles relaxed, lips slightly parted at he stared back at the cupid seated on the sofa set. He seemed deep in his thoughts.

Oh Hayoung, who was oblivious of what was running in her brother's head, assumed her own things as a mischievous grin made its way onto her lips, staring at both two.

In fact, Sehun was actually trying to recall where he had seen Naeun. On the other hand, the girl knew who he was, but was a little surprised at the sudden meeting.

She never expected to cross paths with him, not in his house.

The two aren't that familiar with one another as they'd only meet when Sehun decides to pick Seulgi from school for a date. The only conversations they've sharing are greetings.

Sehun probably forgot about her an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter