» Desperation leads to foolishness «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the bell rang, class 11B students shut their books close, put their stationery aside before proceeding towards the exit, one after the other, worrying less over the fact the lesson was still ongoing.

"Isn't he leaving yet?" questioned Sejun, irritated.

"Can't you see what the rest are doing? If we don't leave, this grumpy old man wouldn't mind going on for the next fifteen minutes and before you know it, break time shall be over," responded Donghan.

"I'd love to leave, but my conscience won't allow me... "

"Well, if you wanna play the good boy, then go ahead. Best of luck!" Donghan sarcastically cheered before proceeding towards the exit when the door flew open.

All eyes were now glued on the female student who just barged in. Taking a few seconds to scan the their faces, her gaze soon settled on her worst nightmare's seatmate as a smile etched on her lips.

"Excuse me, can I summon Lim Sejun for a moment, I-"

"Wait until I'm done with my lesson," Naeun's polite request was harshly cut off, but didn't resist giving another try.

"It won't take long, I prom-," she went on, awkwardly scratching her nape when once again, her she was cut off mid-sentence.

"It's an urgent matter, sir," this time, it was Sejun who spoke in her defence, finding it the perfect chance to escape class without feeling guilty.

His mentor threw him a silent glare, but Sejun took that as an approval.

They say, silence is another word for yes. Not everyone would consider under what circumstances the one rendered speechless was put in, or the expressions they wore...

At least, not Sejun.

"Thank you sir, I'll make it quick," it wasn't a lie, but a white lie, he convinced himself.

Donghan stared back and forth between the two, wondering since when they knew eachother or what connection they actually share.

Hurrying towards the exit before the middle aged man restricts him from doing so, he shuts the door, leans against it as he heaves a sigh.

"You really are my life saver!" he chirped, soon losing his balance as the door was opened.

Awkwardly moving aside to clear the way, his seatmate soon approached, confusion clouding his face.

"Since when you two were close?" he questioned, his index finger pointing towards them.

Putting on a sarcastic smile, Naeun replied, "I hope you didn't assume you're the only person I talk to from this class."

"Offcourse not, seems like you forgot what you screwed with your dear Hayoung," Donghan smirked.

As if on cue, the said girl made her way out of class, threw Naeun a glare before proceeding to walk away.

"Guess you two are not on good terms," Donghan went on as he observed Hayoung.

"It's none of your concern anyways," she scoffed, grabbed Sejun's wrist before walking away, when he stopped her.

"I don't even know you though, how do you even know my name?" Sejun innocently inquired.

Kim Donghan, who was just a few meters away, chuckled before responding to the question which was never directed to him.

"She has her own weird ways which she'll never disclose"

Fury seeping deeper into her veins, her hold around the latter's wrist tightened as she dragged him out of the scene. Poor Sejun let his 'gentle man' instincts take over hence couldn't fight back. Once they were away from Donghan, she turned to face him with an eyebrow raised. Sejun mirrored her expression before gesturing towards his wrist.

"My hand", he blatantly spoke.

Realising she was still holding him, Naeun let go before awkwardly scratching her nape.

"Donghan is your seatmate, right? You sit next to him throughout the day, do you guys ever switch positions in class?" she went on firing questions at the clueless boy, who was still staring back with a quizzical eyebrow raised.

"Hold on for a sec, you didn't answer my question," Sejun reminded.

"Which question?" her face morphed into a scowl.

"What I asked you before dragging me here"

"Ahh, that!" awkward chuckles slipped out of before proceeding, "I asked Jun. Now, will you answer me?"

"Senior Junyoung? Why would you ask him for my name?"

Naeun crossed her arms, glaring daggers at Sejun, leaving him wondering what was wrong with what he asked.

Deciding it's safer to respond to her initial questions inorder to not further waste his break time, he went on, "Yes, we sit together throughout the day, I hardly switch seats, neither does he... "

"Great," he wanted to question why was she curious, but she cut him off.

"How is he when lessons are ongoing, specially during physics classes... Does he have it tough understanding what's being taught?" she went on.

"Not at all! If anything, he'd sleep throughout the lesson yet capture every single concept by simply reading my notes"

"Your notes?"

"He hardly writes any, hence always borrows mine for photocopying, specially when exams are approaching," Sejun shook his head as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

"So, you're telling me he's smart but lazy... " Naeun concluded.

"Exactly that!" Sejun exclaimed.

"Thanks for your time," she proceeded walking away, biting onto her nails as she had a mental conversation with herself.

"You're welcome, it'd be much appreciated if you pass by tomorrow once the bell for lunch goes, and save me once more", Sejun responded, snapping her from her string of thoughts.

Clueless, she turned to face him.

"That old man will be having a lesson with us before lunch tomorrow. I don't want spending my afternoon on an empty stomach," he went on.

Considering it the best opportunity to keep their conversation a secret, she made a deal with him.

"I surely will pass by, every Tuesday during break and Wednesday during lunch if you wish, only if you promise me one thing"

"What?"

Walking closer to him, she whispered, "Keep our conversation a secret from Donghan."

"Don't worry, I'm good at keeping secrets," he high fived her before cheerfully taking his leave.

Junyoung wasn't wrong referring to him as a weird, easygoing fellow, she thought to herself, couldn't help but smile. However, her confused self once again took over her bright face as she went back to her initial thoughts.

If he's that smart, why would he act dumb? She mentally questioned.

It's been two weeks since she started tutoring Donghan. He would make her repeat herself at least five times, if not more, before claiming to have slightly understood what she's explaining. Everytime she gives him questions to solve, he must make mistakes and once being corrected, instead of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter