» Setting Hayoung in action «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seungwan, am I supposed to sit in class like this?" asked Naeun as she glanced at her shirt with a scowl on her face.

Seungwan didn't reply. Instead, she continued laughing her heart out at the poor, coffee stained cupid.

"Did you have to do all that just to get Hayoung to notice you?" she asked amidst giggles.

"Well, tell me what I should have done then," scoffed the latter while glaring daggers at her friend.

A few seconds later, Kang Seulgi made her way in class with a beatific expression on her face.

"Hello guys," she cheerfully greeted her fellow mates while stealing a glance at each.

The moment her eyes settled on her best friend, her joyous face wiped away. With eyebrows knitting in concern, she approached Naeun, reaching her hand out to touch her shirt's sleeve.

"What happened?" she asked, worry laced in her voice.

"A small accident, just bumped into someone," Naeun grinned cheekily.

"Don't you have an extra shirt?" asked Seulgi.

"Well, I don't," she slumped her shoulders while pouting.

"Just put on your blazer then, it'll help cover it for now," advised Seulgi before taking her seat.

"Good morning class," greeted Mrs. Song as she walked in before setting her books on her table.

Soon, silence filled the classroom as students readied themselves for the first lesson after break.

"I'm craving for coffee," Seulgi suddenly blurted out with a small chuckle, ensuring she wasn't loud enough for Mrs. Song to hear.

"How about you eat my shirt?" Naeun sarcastically suggested.

Stifled giggles began erupting from the latter's mouth, which unfortunately didn't fail to capture Mrs. Song's attention hence she her back to find the person who dared to laugh during her lesson. Maintaining an unflappable face, Seulgi pretended as if she wasn't the one who giggled a while ago. Mrs. Song soon gave up when she couldn't find the culprit hence resumed to what she was doing.

Lessons went on as they usually do, with Naeun occasionally zoning out, twirling her pen through her fingers with impressive dexterity as she tried constructing her "love" story with Donghan.

I, Donghan, love affair, break up and more was what her thoughts consisted of. However, it was impossible for her to last long in dreamland when classes were still ongoing. The images being flashed at the back of her mind would always shatter to nothing, the moment her name was called out. She would flinch in surprise, awkwardly mutter an apology, concentrate for two to three seconds before mentally taking her leave from class yet once again.

Upon dismissal of classes for lunch, the school's corridors were once again filled with life. Sucessfully making it to her locker and going about her business without catching a glimpse of her nightmare, she hurried towards the school's gates where she patiently waited for her newly found friend, Oh Hayoung.

At least fate wasn't against her this time round.

It didn't take long before Hayoung came into sight, approaching with a radiant smile.

"Did I keep you waiting for long, unnie?" she cheerfully asked.

Naeun was taken aback at the younger girl's evident cordiality when the two barely knew each other. She suddenly began feeling guilty of willing to use her for her own good.

Noticing Naeun's somewhat blank stare, the short haired girl proceeded to talk.

"You don't mind if I call you that, do you?" she scratched her nape, suddenly seemed ill at ease.

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter