» Busted, again... «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the...," muttered Kim Bora under her breath as she stared at her cell phone's screen in disbelief.

"What is it?" asked the now curious Bae Irene.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed once more upon locking her gaze with Irene's.

The latter's eyebrow shot up as Bora's reactions fuelled further her curiosity, impatiently waiting to have her question to be answered, but contrary to her expectations, Bora didn't bother to feed her with with what she wanted.

Instead, she yelled at the top of her lungs, "Yoon Bomi!" snapping out the said girl from a friendly chat she was having with Son Naeun and Kang Seulgi.

Her shrill, ear piercing scream earned her the spotlight in the school's cafeteria as every single student's eyes were now glued on her being. None from her audience was successful in guessing the so called 'Yoon Bomi's was actually standing right next to where Bora was seated. As she gasped, confirming her identity among the observers, they began further doubting Bora's sanity. 

"Geez, you startled me!" Bomi had her right hand clasped against her chest as she feelt her heartbeat gradually increase.

"Look at this!" not even bothered to the slightest bit by the weird stares she was receiving, Bora casually handed Bomi her cell phone.

Irene soon gave up on waiting to have her curiousity quenched by Bora, hence decided to find out on her own the reason behind the latter's reaction. She stood on her feet, took a few closer to Bomi before peering over her shoulder.

"When will Jungeun stop playing the 'Gossip Girl' somehow," with an eyebrow raised, Bomi scrolled through the conversation going on in the their class's group chat, which was actually created for the sole purpose of sharing educational information, but girls being girls, they couldn't resist turning it into a gossip hall.

"She literally snapped Ilhoon's pictures with his latest girl friend, as if someone actually cares whether he's dating or not," went on Bomi.

"You sure you don't care?" teased Seulgi, earning herself a deadly glare from Bomi.

"That's not the issue, Jungeun being Jungeun isn't something new, but did you see what that ugly commented about those pictures?" questioned Bora.

"Who, Sohee?" asked the one who just joined them, Son Seungwan, as she struggled to steal a glimpse of the group chat.

"Seungwan, you're too short for this business, I'd not bother if I were you," stated Naeun, wearing a fake remorseful face as she teased the tiny girl.

Seungwan thought firing back verbally wouldn't be of any benefit, hence resolved to pushing away the tall girl blocking her view.

"How dare you!" exclaimed Naeun.

"Peering from behind is the bussiness of tall people," winked Seungwan.

"Foolish little girl," mumbled Naeun before resuming to what she was doing earlier.

"Did she just say she feels sorry for you?" exclaimed Irene, who finally had her curiosity quenched.

"Apparently yes, for dating a playboy," chuckled Bomi before resuming, "If anything, I actually feel sorry for her. Despite her obsession over Ilhoon, he never considered her an option after breaking up with me,"

Giggles erupted from the group of girls gathered around Bomi and Bora, which soon came to a halt upon the greetings of their subject of laughter.

"Hello guys, hi Bomi!" Sohee cheerfully waved as she walked past them, heading towards the table located a few metres from theirs, to join her friends for lunch.

"Hii," with a bright smile on her face, Naeun greeted back, attempting to mirror Sohee's gestures when someone tightly gripped onto her wrist, forcefully shoving her around to face his direction. 

Naeun was ready to spit all the profanities she had, on the tip of her tongue, at the person who dared grabbing her wrist in a not-so-mannerly way. However, a lump formed in , blocking her voice, upon locking her gaze with the subject of her irritation.

An enraged Kim Donghan stood before her eyes, his eyebrows knitted, gaze dripping fury, piercing into her own. Without giving a reasonable explanation behind his actions, he commanded, "You're coming with me," caring less whether she's willing to obey or not.

Before she could even utter a single word, he began dragging her out of the cafeteria. It took Naeun a few seconds to succeeded in summoning her courage, which seemed to have completely vanished at the sight of Donghan.

"Hey, hey, hey!" she forcefully yanked her hand away before proceeding,"That's not how one requests for a private talk. Where did you leave you manners at, the toilet?" she crossed her arms, cocking an eyebrow at him.

Taking a few steps closer, he once again gripped her wrist before whispering, "You're not in the position to complain. I'm sure you don't want me exposing you before everyone here, do you?" without tearing his eyes off her face.

His intimidating gaze once again rendered Naeun speechless, as she found herself having no other option but to follow him. His words lingered in her head as she tried to comprehend the meaning behind them.

Exposing me...? Could it be that he probably found out about his book?, Naeun mentally questioned. Just the thought of what possibly awaits her in the near future shuddered her self confidence. She felt as if her soul left her body.

"Since when were they close?" questioned Bora, her eyes never leaving the pair who just had an argument a while ago, until they were out of her sight.

"I wonder too..." added Seulgi, worry laced on her facial features.

Seungwan moved closer to Seulgi before speaking in a hushed tone, "loosing your ring and having Donghan return it back to you... Do you think it all was just a mere coincidence?"

Seulgi's expression lit up after hearing Seungwan's indirect revelation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter