» Embarrassed «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"We've been comfortably taking our time, completely forgetting we have classes after this," commented Seungwan as she got up from her seat the moment she was done eating.

"Thank you Son Naeun," grinned Namjoo before gulping down what remained of her fresh mango juice.

They've all filled their stomachs to the fullest, except for one person, who had to squeeze her budget to remain with something that'll push her through the day. However, Naeun failed miserably, the amount she managed to save wasn't enough to even pay for her transport fare back home later.

She'll have absolutely no other choice but to go back home on foot.

And what's even worse, she'll be forced to do so on an empty stomach.

.

Not even bothering to reply to Namjoo, she gathered her belongings before secretly fleeing from the scene as the rest were still engrossed in sharing gossip, not minding their time despite Seungwan's warning.

Who knew if she considered staying back, they might want something else on the way and force her to pay for it?

Even if what's left with her wouldn't be of any use, she'd rather have something adding weight to her pockets than spend the rest of the day completely broke.

Successfully making it back to school, she hurried off to her locker to get what she'll need for the afternoon classes. Upon closing her locker's door, she noticed the presence of someone who looked quite familiar, standing right next her, getting his stuff from his locker too.

I know this guy, she thought as she observed him with eyes squinted. She couldn't make out his face since he had his locker open, blocking her view.

"Kim Donghan...?" she mumbled under her breath the moment he shut it close and she could see his face.

However, her voice wasn't low enough for Donghan not to hear. Clueless of what she was thinking or why his name slipped out of her tongue, he turned to face her with a raised brow as confusion began clouding his face. Naeun looked back blankly, desperately trying to construct sensible excuses to get her out of this awkward situation, but sadly, her entire vocabulary seemed blank.

Donghan too stared back, the look on his face demanding for an explanation. Unable to come up with a solution, Naeun blinked twice, adjusting her vision as if that would help her find something in her vocabulary which had suddenly gotten empty.

It always does when in urgent need for it...

Noticing her nervousness, he put on a sweet smile before asking, "How can I help you?"

"Naah, it's nothing.... Ummm, actually it's... never mind, it was just a slight slip of tongue, yeah," she awkwardly grinned.

"Slip of tongue?" he questioningly looked back at her while tilting his head to the side.

Frustrated, she shut her eyes, took a deep breath before looking back at him with a completely different expression. The nervous face she initially had was replaced with pure anger.

"Since I told you it's a 'slip of tongue', let it be a 'slip of tongue', don't make matters worse by questioning further, get it?" she grunted.

Donghan was left speechless, wondering what he had done wrong to get her mad at him.

Was she mad at him for hearing her, or at herself for not being able to keep her thoughts low?

Realizing what she had just done, Naeun gasped before covering with her palm, eyes wide open, shocked out of her foolish moves.

"Just...just forget what I said earlier!" she statured before running away to her class.

"Idiot, how could you let what's running in your mind slip out of your mouth? As if calling out his name wasn't enough," she scolded herself on the way.

"And here I thought she was the most organised senior in this school, turns out she's a complete weirdo," muttered Donghan under his breath before walking away.

Back in class, seated, Naeun couldn't allow what happened a while ago to leave her string of thoughts. She just made a fool out of herself in front of a junior, those who have always been advised to look up to their seniors.

Who would look up to a completely crazy girl?

Plus, it's not like this is the first time you're finding out his locker is next to yours, the girl was st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter