» Prologue «

The Cupid's Failure ( Undergoing minor editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"You have around fifteen minutes to go," echoed Mr. Choi's command throughout the chemistry lab's interior.

", we're running out of time," muttered Seulgi under her breath before scurrying to where the other apparatuses were arranged in the room. Once she was back with two test tubes in hand, she stole a glance at her partner, frowned upon realizing she was seated idle.

"Didn't you hear we only have fifteen minutes left yet still so much to do?" she asked her friend, who was clearly not paying attention to what she was saying.

"If I pour that solution on her hand, he'll see what she wrote on her palm," Naeun dreamingly concluded, staring at a certain pair as a smile spread its way across her lips.

Running out of patience, Seulgi yelled, "Son Naeun!" snapping her from her string of thoughts.

"You startled me!" gasped Naeun with her right palm clasped against her chest.

Kang Seulgi took a few seconds to scan her surroundings, worry laced on her facial features, before awkwardly clearing . Noticing her friend’s weird reactions, Naeun too took a moment to look around her and that's when she realized they had everyone's attention. The girl blinked twice, adjusting her vision before gluing it on the chemicals present on her table. They both seemed to have forgotten about Mr.Choi’s presence, but that moment was short lived as his authoritative voice once more filled the entire room.

"Group five! Just because this isn't an exam doesn't mean you can shout whenever you wish!" they both shifted their gazes towards him, nervously gulping down their fears.

No one was ever willing to suffer the torture of being in his bad books...

"Sorry sir," the two apologized in unison before resuming what they were doing earlier, with Seulgi conducting a qualitative analysis to an unknown solution and Naeun once more fixating her eyes on the group four members.

It was then when she noticed the presence of a pipette, lying idle on the opposite end of group four's table, right in between the members.

"A pipette," she mumbled.

"What sort of gibberish are you spouting now? Get your over here and let's finish up with this!" fumed the now frustrated Seulgi.

"We need a pipette!" beamed Naeun, snapping her fingers in front of Seulgi's face while mouthing the word perfect.

Seulgi eyed her friend as if she'd lost all her sanity, shaking her head before asking.

"Why on earth would we need a pipette for conducting a qualitative analysis?" she placed both her hands on her hips as she glared at the daydreamer, demanding for an answer.

Naeun had her own reasons which were in no way connected to the chemistry practical they were doing.

"Give me a second and I'll get it for you!" she winked before heading towards group four members' table with a sly smile on her face.

"Naeunaah!" called Seulgi as she watched her friend walking away without bothering to spare her glance.

Cursing under her breath, she turned away only to be met with Mr. Choi's ruthless glare.

"One more time, and I won't spare you," he sneered, causing Seulgi to swallow a lump in before awkwardly muttering an apology.

Naeun, you must not look suspicious, just act natural, she thought to herself as she faked a worried look on her face, walking towards the little gap left in between Irene andTaehyung, the group four me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter