The Saddest Night: Lost in the Dark 🖤

Every Night (매일밤)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It was as clear as a glass bead. The result favored for "After the Blow 2". I hope you'll like this, too.

==========================================

 

"Eom-m-a."

Sowon's voice was almost unrecognizable through the phone as she was gasping for air spouting out words that are incorrigible for the woman on the other line.

"Sojung-ah, wait. What happened dear?"

"Eom-ma," was all she could respond this time as she just kept on crying her heart out.

"What happened? Can you calm down for me, please?" Her mother was also in panic as Sowon was clearly running out of air. "I'm going to your place right now."

As her mother can't properly get a word from her though she has an inkling of what might the problem be, she put the phone down and called the first person that she could reach out to.


"Eomonim!"


"Sinb-yah, can you check on your Sowon unnie for me? Are you in your apartment right now? Please dear, I'm on my way there now."

 

"Eomonim, Sowon unnie is not here right now."

"Do you know where she is?"

"She went out a while ago, said she'll have a walk at the park. Is there a problem, eomoni?"
"I see, thanks Eunbi-yah. I can't tell you now but please do call me if she gets back, okay?"

"Ne."

Just then, Sinb realized the panic in the woman's voice and began to wonder. And as soon as she puts her phone down to continue watching her movie, she heard some feeble sobs that she's sure is coming from the room across hers.

'Did they fight?' her mind asked, a bit confused as to what is happening as she didn't notice an ounce of negativity when they were having dinner earlier. They were all fine even until she went to her room. 

'I could have heard them if they did.' She continued wondering as true enough, she could have heard it when the couple had a brawl or some arguments as the walls inside their house have no hint of soundproofing- well, they are not at all.

 

*****

 

"Sojung-ah"

Sowon held her breath hearing her mother's voice. "Eom-ma," she mumbled as she meets her mother's eyes- or at least that was what she was trying to do in the dark given that the only source of light she has is the lamp post that is about three meters away from her and is even obstructed by a large tree, half-way through.

"Eom-ma," she cried out a bit louder than a whisper as her mother leaned over her, slumped on a bench.

"I- I don't-t-t nuh-knowww w-what real-lee h-hap-puhnd." She stuttered through as she keeps her grasp on her shirt. "It hu-u-urts a l-lot, Eom-ma. Help me." She almost begged to which her mother engulf her in her embrace.

"Tell me what happened, hmm?"

"Eun-a."

"Hmm?"

"I don't know what to do, Eomma."

"Did you two, fight?" To that she shook her head as there was indeed nothing of the sort which just c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter