Quality Time Over Miles

Every Night (매일밤)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: just to be clear with everyBUDDY, this is just a fiction inspired from real-life scenarios... still, this is a fiction 😄
(follow @kimsojeongbbl on Twitter)

Sojung could not hold back the smile from forming on her face as she diligently stared on her phone-more specifically, on the ellipses that have been constantly moving on her messaging application for the past couple of minutes (she has not really taken note of the time). 

A chuckle left the moment she decided, she'd rather cut the very person, working her thoughts out on the other line, some slack as she typed and sent her message in a snap.

 

*****

Eunha grinned, though in surprise, when she received a message from her beloved "leader".

 

from: 울애기

should I call you?

 

She has been contemplating and is actually torn between sending a good night message to the other with the risk of waking her up if ever she's already asleep and has not set her phone on "don't disturb mode", and not sending a message and make the other think that she forgot about it (not that her Sowon-jjang would hold that against her, she just really wants the other to know that she's thinking of her most, if not all, the time).

Not a moment after she had read the message, her phone vibrated, notifying her of a call. It's a good thing that she has been given a room on her own (just like the rest of the girls). The organizers of their schedule in Kazakhstan have been so generous and hospitable to all the artists involved. They didn't really expect to have individual rooms, given that many artists were invited for the said festival.

However, just as Eunha rejoices in the call she's receiving along with the privacy of her lonesome, guess what?!

"Oh, Eunha?!"

"Unnie, can you hear me?"

"Ye... yes? I...gue-ess"

"Hing..."

"C-c-can you-uu... m.. love?"

 

to: 울애기

unnie, the connection is really bad ㅠㅠ

I subscribed to roaming data for nothing 😭

 

To think that she was proud and told Na.Vs about her roaming subscription, Eunha realized she had been proud of nothing. Now, she's just frustrated and unhappy.

 

from: 울애기

you have roaming sub??!

 

ne! my cousin said, wifi here is not so good, and it really is not

and data connection does not work well, too

huhuh

 

from: 울애기

I see ㅜㅜ it's alright, we can talk like this

 

 

ahhh! why are you so pretty unnie?

hnggg

i miss u

 

*****

from: 내 사랑

ahhh! why are you so pretty unnie?

hnggg

i miss u

 

Sojung smiled weakly as she reads the message. She definitely feels for the other as she misses her just as much (if not more). She's about to record a video message when suddenly, a call from the other tries to connect. Without letting a second pass, she answered it.

She heard a sigh and, "Eunbing told me about the balcony having better reception, unnie." Sojung could see the growing smile that the other has even though she can't really clearly see the other's face. Eunha's connection is still crappy, that is, but Sojung is not about to say anything about that.

"I miss you, baby."

The way Sojung had said it had Eunha's heart to pound rapidly, it's about to rip her ribcage. It was just so tender and with so much love that she can't help but tear up a little and longs to succumb into the older girl's arms- if only that was possible right now.

"Me too, jagi. I miss you so much." She said with a hiccup.

"But... " Sojung paused realizing that Eunha is outside in the balcony with only her pajamas on. "Love, aren't you cold out there? Why aren't you wearing warm clothes?" she asked holding herself from scolding the other.

"Oh, that! Unnie, it's actually surprisingly warm here in Kazakhstan." Eunha replied with a smile. "Don't worry, I would never neglect myself." she added.

"Glad to know that."

"I promised never to worry you, didn't I?"

"Of course," Sojung replied with mirth in her eyes. "But please don't be mad at me if I worry, still..." she then remarked sincerely. "You know, I just can't help but do so most of the time."

The concern in the older's voice and the rawness in her confession has Eunha melting for her.

"You don't really have to feel bad about that, unnie," she started full of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter