The Saddest Night: Day of Friends

Every Night (매일밤)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been what, a week? Aren't you really going to talk about it, Eunha?"

"Not now Yuna, please. I don't have the energy for this."

 

Yuju could just breathe a sigh at the bull head that is Eunha right now. It is as clear as day just how miserable the girl has been for the past few days not to mention that her other half was also in the same misery.

"Are you really breaking up?"

"Yuna!" Eunha didn't even try to hide her annoyance as she's sensitive enough about the topic. "Please, I need my mind to work."

"I'm sorry," the main vocal replied defeated as she slowly got off her seat. "Just know that I'm all ears, okay?" she then gently said giving the other girl a quick hug before finally exiting the studio they are in. She could only sigh every time she sees her friend trying her best to ignore their leader and she could never understand as to why the first was so eager to hurt herself in that way.

"You got sick because you were hurting but you never let her be your cure when you know that she's dying to help you. Why are you punishing yourself like this, Jung Eunbi?"

*****

"Can I talk with you for a moment? I- I mean, can you give me j-just five minutes?" Sowon cautiously asked as Eunha was silently pacing around the kitchen preparing her meal.

"Sorry but I'm quite busy." Eunha waved aside as she grabbed a stool to reach for the cereal box in the cupboard which frustratingly is way higher than her reach. However, Sowon was quicker than her in grabbing the said item as the obviously taller girl simply handed it out to her silently.

"I didn't need the helping hand." She bitterly said though she took the cereal box and proceeded with her meal unminding the other's presence.

 "W-what should I d-do?" Sowon was not able to hold back the budding tears that have been there since she decided to talk to the lead vocal. One week, a couple encouraging words from her members and maybe some nagging from Yerin was not enough for Sowon to prepare her from the impending heartache of losing someone for good.

"W-what should I do to h-have an-other chance?" she asked once again with a desperate plea.

"Give me the freedom I need. That's all." Eunha instantly dismissed herself from the kitchen leaving the older to bite at her hand in a futile attempt to suppress her cries.

 

*****
You: friends?

Sowon couldn't help but bite at her nails waiting for a reply after seeing that her message was read. However, after minutes of staring at it, the three dots to fuel her anticipation were nowhere to be found.

It has been three days since the kitchen encounter and it has be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter