The Saddest Night: Let's End This

Every Night (매일밤)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like a sand castle that seems to collapse someday
언젠가 무너질듯한 모래성처럼

Many moments I tried to give up
포기하려 했던 많은 순간들

I thought about it dozens of times a day
하루에도 수십 번 생각을 해봤어

How to convey my heart
어떻게 내 맘을 전해야 할지

Of many songs that could come to her, Eunha didn't expect for this one to just wrap her mind and envelop her soul. Of all nights that she could possibly have this song to pour her heart out, why should it be tonight when she's at a disadvantageous spot?

Unknown to everyone, Eunha has been sneaking out every night when everyone's asleep. She has been going to her studio without a miss and would just sleep there until morning. However, she would always message her younger roommate that she went out early hence, them thinking that. No one had the tiniest idea that her bedroom actually becomes empty when midnight strikes.

For the past days, her studio has become her haven- her fortress where she could hide from her pain and her sanctuary to pour herself out. Whether it is writing music or studying composition or just playing and indulging herself with the playlist she updated or with melodies she'd come up with, Eunha made sure that her mind is occupied enough to not entertain her dark thoughts, her insecurities.

Honestly, I tried to give up love
솔직히 단념하려 했었어 사랑 따윈

I thought it wouldn't come
오지 않을 거라 생각했었어

You were at the end of the long wait
길었던 기다림의 끝엔 네가 있었어

I've been hoping only for you for a long time
오랫동안 너만을 바래왔어


However, there are also those nights, just like the one tonight when a song would just come to her and poke her already beaten heart.

Having distanced herself from the sleeping beauty, (of course you cannot blame her; she's just being honest about admiring Sowon), Eunha had sat by the piano again. And just like the other nights of her melancholy, the piano is already at the disposal of her emotions before she could even realize it and to make it worse for her, her voice has already carried her unspoken misery and her deepest plea.

 

Call my name, hold my hand
내 이름을 불러줘 내 손을 잡아줘

Come two steps, hug me before it's too late
다가와 two step 늦기 전에 나를 안아줘

Like a lie when the moon rises on a foggy night
안개 낀 밤 달이 떠오를 때 거짓말처럼

When your saved heart and mine cross
아껴둔 너와 나의 맘 교차되면


"Eunbi..."

Sowon was woken up by broken sobs and the sound of the piano playing such familiar but extremely saddened melody. Disoriented at first, as to where she is, she couldn't help but have her dam breaking down thinking she's in a dream and that her long held misery is fuelling her subconscious to just let it out. And she did that brought her to the realization of where she actually is.

In no time, the studio is filled with agonizing sounds- broken sobs and the persistent keys played by the unconscious musicia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter