Chapter 22

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

The sight of Jennie fainted finally stops everyone from having their screaming match.

“Dear lord… I think I head locked her too tight” Robert utters without a tint of remorse. Jisoo hits him hard on the shoulder

“Jesus Robert!” Jisoo helps the poor girl and lay her down on the couch. She checks her neck and breathing “You almost kill an heiress!”

“You’re an heiress as well” Her mom throws an unnecessary information

Jisoo rubs her temple, clearly in distress “Mom please, this is not the time”

“Who is she anyway? Why is she so rough with Elle??”

“She’s my friend. Jennie. We went to the same University. And as for the second question…” She looks at her daughter “Elle, how did you even know her?”

Her daughter gives a sheepish smile “We met at the playground, near grandmama’s house”

“What is it about getting her locked in a cell?”

Elle scratches the back of her neck, half embarrass and half slightly petrified that her Miss Jisoo would be upset with her. “I swear to God Miss Jisoo, it was an accident. It was a joke. We didn’t mean it to turn out that way”

“What happened darling?” Mrs Kim pats the younger girl on her back

Noticing her daughter slight trembling voice, Jisoo kneels in front of her and took her hand in hers before rubbing them gently “Baby, I’m not mad at you”

Crystal falls down the younger girl’s cheeks almost instantly, the three adults in the room practically coos in adoration.

“You’re not?”

“Why would I?” Jisoo cups Elle’s cheeks, rubbing it slightly as she tries to sooth her daughter obvious panic state. “I love you baby. I just want to know what happened”

“She’s a funny woman”

The three adults look at her perplex “Sorry? Who?”

Elle points at Jennie who’s still knock out cold on the couch “Your friend. We bumped into each other a couple of times and she’s someone that I like to tease”

“I saw her at the playground a few weeks ago, so I thought it would be fun to play snowball with her”

Obviously Elle’s not going to tell Jisoo the real reason was it’s fun to make fun of the depress looking woman who somehow always look like she was about to collapse anytime soon.

“I didn’t realised that she was holding a cup of coffee, so the snowball that I threw knocked her cup and she got pissed”

“How does that even get her in jail?” Mrs Kim asks

“Well, she chased us around and these older couple thought that she wanted to hurt us and they called the cops”

Jisoo mentally facepalm, she remembers the story that Jennie told her the day when she bailed the heiress out. What a fxcking small world

“I say, she deserves it” Robert remarks “With temperamental issues as such should be punish accordingly”

Mrs Kim agreed for obvious reasons “Yes, poor Elle”

“Mom! It’s not okay. He could’ve killed her! Need I remind you that she’s an heiress. I don’t want FBI tailing our because of that”

“It’s okay darling, I’m sure Wendy could help us with that. Wendy should know a lot of high-profile lawyers” Mrs Kim adds, and the ever so loyal Robert nodded in agreement.

“Miss Wendy is greatly reliable”

“She’s Wendy’s best friend Mom, under that circumstances I think that she would take Jennie’s side” Jisoo pinches the bridge of her nose

“She is?” Mrs Kim perplex “Oh my”

“Yes mom, Oh my indeed” Jisoo says exasperatedly

“Don’t get smart with me Kim Jisoo” Mrs Kim playfully point at her youngest daughter “It’s okay darling, since Wendy is going to be a part of our family, I would certainly think that she would be on our side” She says it with such assurance.   

“Mom, that’s not the point! Oh my God, why are we talking about Wendy again?” Jisoo sighs in exasperation “Need I remind you, it’s my that’s on the line if there’s anything happen to her”

“So, should we call Miss Wendy and ask her what should we do with this…Jennie?” Robert says disdainfully, not hiding his actual dislike towards the heiress. Poor Jennie

“Why would…? Urghhh” Jisoo grunts “How about you guys go back home first, and I ll sort this out”

“You sure darling?”

“Yes Mom, I can handle this and please dear God, do not ever mention Jennie’s name in front of Wendy is she’s at home”

Mrs Kim look at her, perplex by the request “And why is that darling?”

Her daughter sighs “It’s complicated, I promise you, I’ll explain it to you okay?”

Mrs Kim hums in agreement and she pats her youngest daughter cheeks gently “We’ll see you later”

Jisoo nods. She kneels in front of her daughter “I’ll see you later baby?”

Elle smiles and gives her Miss Jisoo a tight hug. She mutters endless apologies which Jisoo chuckles and reassures her daughter that she wasn’t mad.

“If there were ever any complication during said discussion, I’m one call away Miss” Robert remarks “I’d be glad to… spare her another… time out”

Jisoo could not believe what the older man had said. She playfully hits him on the shoulder for the second time “If people were to know what you did to Jennie, there’s a horde of people would be coming for your head, like I’m not even kidding”

“It’s okay Miss, I’m sure Miss Wendy would know what to do”

Mrs Kim and even Elle nods in agreement

Jisoo shush her family out the door so she can finally tend to the heiress on the couch “I think we need to have an intervention as a family”

“to talk about what darling?”

“The fact that the majority of our family members has an unhealthy obsession over Wendy”

 

**

A black car stops at the side of the road. The chauffeur looks at his employee from the side mirror and nods.

The Japanese beauty looks around the neighbourhood. Fairly nice and slightly further from city but nonetheless comfortable.

“This isn’t the streets you live in”

Chaeyoung chuckles, not really surprise for a fact that the woman beside her knows her address “It’s my friend’s. I don’t feel like going back”

Mina hums and place her hand on top of Chaeyoung’s “So am I picking you up from here or am I supposed to wait for your call?”

Chaeyoung looks at Mina, puzzled by the question, “What for?”

“For your next session”

Chaeyoung smirks “What makes you think that I would want you to come again?”

The Japanese woman shrugs “You need me”

“How conceited”

Mina smiles not caring about what the other woman had said, which slightly annoys Chaeyoung. As much as she wants to deny it, Mina is actual spot on. She does need her.

“I’ll call” she mutters softly, tracing circles at the back of Mina’s hand.

Mina cups Chaeyoung’s face and give it a gentle peck not without uttering that she would wait for her call. The crimson hues does not leave Chaeyoung’s face even when she steps outside the car. There’s something about the mysterious Japanese beauty that just makes Chaeyoung falls to her knees.

She wipes off the remnant lipstick on her cheek. As much as she wants to parade them around – for some unexplained reason -  She does not want to let Jisoo teasing her or even have to explain how and who did she gets it from.

 

**

“Why is it soo bright?”

Jennie murmurs, she blocks the unwelcoming sunlight from her face.

“Gimme 5 more minutes” she slurs. As she was about to fall into deep sleep, she could hear faint of a familiar voice.

Jen?

Jenn

Jennie

“Jisoo?”

When a blurry sight of Jisoo sets in, everything that had happened came crashing in and her eyes widen almost immediately. Jennie instantly jumps from the couch and gets into defensive stand mode “Where’s the m*therfcker?”

Jisoo grabs the heiress by the shoulder as she rubs it gently,“Jen, Jen, calm down”

Jennie’s eyes blear around the living room, not really wanting to take any chances just in case if the burly man with hideous moustache lurks around. When there’s no man with such

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter