Chapter 11

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 11:

 

It’s coming of age thing, a born with a rage thing

I knew I had to leave home

~Walk off the Earth

 

[JPMorgan Chase & Co]

“Miss Kim withdraws certain amount of money from one of her enclosed funds a few days prior to her alleged disappearance” The manager reads from her laptop, tapping the keyboard a tad bit harshly for both women liking.

Jessica and her cousin Mina decided to check Jennie’s credit card transition, in hoping that they could trace where the latter could be. Mr. Kim’s voice – their father – echoed in her head, not wanting her to make a big fuss of Jennie’s disappearance. Ergo, no cops, no nothing.

Jessica sighs at that thought. She had an ill feeling about Jennie’s whereabout this time around. What could  have made her baby sister pulls Houdini act after so many years? What triggered the latter? She blames herself for the most part of the whole situation, since she has been missing from Jennie’s life for so many years due to their parents demand on the Company’s Job.  Jessica broke from her little bubble the moment she heard Mina’s delicate voice.

“How much?” Mina asks

“We’re not authorised to disclosed the information”

“What do you mean from one of her enclosed fund?” Jessica chips in, intrigued by sudden revelation.

The manager who had her hair in a tight bun stares at the brunette in front of her “We are not allowed to disclosed personal information”

“But I’m her sister” Jessica raises an eyebrow.

“We have legal duty to protect the confidentiality of existing customer” the Manager added.

“But my sister is missing” Jessica says. Feeling dissatisfied with the monotonous manager.

“Allegedly” the manager annoyingly added

“No, you don’t understand the whole situation here Miss Manager. My sister is missing. I came here to see her credit card transition and only be told that she has  disclosed funds that I’m not aware of which she withdraws certain amount of money that I don’t know of. Can you just please tell me, why on earth does a 22 year old college students would do that?”

“I am sorry Miss Kwon, but I am not allowed to reveal the classified information to anyone, even if you’re her sister. The only thing could help you, is when the law compels it to. By right what Miss Kim did is nothing suspicious. Her transaction goes by all procedures and it does not break any state laws”

Both women slumped on their seat. Not knowing what is going on with Jennie’s life. Jessica and Mina bid the Manager goodbye before walking out of the office.

Before they walk away, the monotone manager calls them again.

“The information that I’m about to give is nothing classified or personal, but I hope it’ll help. Listen,  a couple of weeks ago, Miss Kim made a few odd purchases”

Mina and Jessica look at each other perplex

“Define odd” Mina utters

“The first odd transition that she made was a bouquet of roses, Juliet rose to be exact.”

“A bouquet of Juliet roses?” Mina and Jessica said unison

“Then, she makes payment to Sony Music Entertainment”

“What??” Jessica feels even more lost. Music Entertainment? What in the world is going on??

“Then, she purchased high end Vatican outfits, a stallion and an expensive Tiara”

“What did she do with all those thing?” Mina baffled

**

Jennie walks down the outside hall, wanting to get some fresh air after being cooping up in her  apartment. Her eyes trace the plain looking hallway with some weird choices of painting hanging on the wall.

She was startled when she heard something falls hard on the floor. She quickly turns around only to be welcomed by a petite looking woman massaging her behind vigorously. The woman who’s rocking Ash grey hairdo is probably in her 30s starts cussing under her breath. Jennie rushes by her aids, picking up fruits that scatter on the ground

“Thank you so much” the older woman bows in front of her. Jennies waves her off “It’s fine. No big deal”

“Hey, I’ve never seen you before. New Tenant?” The grey haired lady strikes unnecessary conversation. At least for Jennie that is.

Jennie gives out an uptight smile, nodding slightly. The latter doesn’t seem to notice her discomfort by the sudden interaction. In her defense, Jennies was never good in socializing. She has always been an awkward turtle since she was a kid. It’s a miracle that she managed to have Wendy, Hanna and Toby as her best friend.

“Ah, must be Mr. Brown’s newly renovated apartment on the second floor. That is expensive. Must be rich. What’s your name?” The woman rambles continuously “You look young. Like extremely young. Are you in your high school senior year or are you a college student? You don’t look like you’re working tho. Yes, you must be a student.”

“Jennie” plain and simple.

The woman gives a winsome smile which Jennie couldn’t help but grimace. “Hello Jennie, my name is Taeyeon Kim. Pleasure being your acquaintance, and welcome to the neighbourhood. Ah! I should bake you cupcakes or macaroons as a welcome gift.”

What did she had this morning? A piece of sunshine mixed with rainbows cereals? 

 “Ah, thank…you. It’s… never mind, you don’t have to go through all that trouble”

“It’s fine! It’s fine. Baking a cake is as easy as pie. Wait… I haven’t master in baking pie yet…Anyway, wouldn’t want to reign on your turf, I’ll be seeing your around Jennie. Have a nice day! Need to get the cake going!” Taeyeon waves her hand enthusiastically. 

Jennie smiles her awkward smile and walks down the staircase

Who the hell said reign on your turf nowadays??

Jennie stops in front of the main door, scrutinizing the sky. The snow doesn’t seem like it’s going to stop anytime soon. The wind that blows ever so slightly sends quiver down her back. Jennie pulls her thin jacket.

“I really need to buy winter clothes soon” She mutters under her breath. She looks around the area. It wasn’t as bustling with people as it would look like few hours ago. Just perfect for her self-discovery time out.

***

“Who’s that?” Chaeyoung nudges her best friend whom engross in reading her notes.

They were sitting at the school cafeteria wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter