Chapter 25

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25

Scream

 

PREVIOUSLY ON WRECK-IT-JEN

Chaeyoung has this weird thing going on with Mina

Chaeyeoung also has this odd and mysterious life on the side that no one knows 

Mina is helping Jennie adjusting with her new life in exchange that Jennie will eventually tell her sister, Jessica her whereabout 

Jessica is still miserable af

Taeyeon - still doesn’t get the girl - tries to bait Jisoo into thinking that Jennie now has side chick that is a fine Mafia Boss named Mina 

Jennie is mourning over the fact that she has no chance being together with Jisoo and she mayhaps considering on moving on 

 Jisoo feels off about Jennie not prodding her over the existence of her Daughter and also, she’ slightly mad that Jennie is ignoring her 

Jisoo’s family is practically obsessed with Wendy 

Wendy is sleeping with someone that no one knows who it is, and according to my reader’s theories that it could be Jisoo or Jisoo’s sister and some theory assumed that Jisoo’s sister is Irene, even though i have already put Irene’s character as one of the lecturers in the University >< and also someone just raged over the fact that there weren’t any Wenrene tag. >< 

Also i don’t know if anyone noticed, the time stamp just does not make sense in this story. It’s not supposed to be winter all throughout but i love winter and it fits the narrative in my head. 


 

The recap was a tad bit long since I practically abandoned this story for well over a darn year (although I do think it’s more than a year). Dear lord… What have I become? I had to reread my own story to see what did i even wrote years ago. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


 

Jisoo cuts the fruits into halves before placing them into a dark coloured lunch box. She shuts the lid tightly and properly keeps them in a black canvas tote bag that her daughter seems to take a liking to despite the Emo quotes written all over the bag. 

 

“Elle! Are you done? You’re going to be late” 

 

“Done!” Her daughter exclaims as she skips towards Jisoo and shows her winsome smile that the older woman comes to love. “Thank you Miss Jisoo” 

 

“Anything for you baby. Can you check whether Aunt Joo is here yet?”

 

“Okay” 

 

Elle skips towards the window and glances through it. Her eyes almost lit up once she sees the familiar black Sedan. “She’s here!” She waves enthusiastically at the woman who just got out of the said car. 

 

Jisoo smiles softly at her daughter bubbliness “Okay let’s go”

 

Once the mother and daughter reached the front door, Elle was instantly engulfed in a tight hug. 

 

“I miss you” 

 

“I miss Aunt Joo Joo too” Elle shyly mutters under her breath, still not used to overwhelming affections. She guessed it might have run in the family. 

 

Elle turns to her mom and bids her goodbye. Jisoo fondles Elle’s tresses softly, looking at her before giving her a kiss on the forehead.  

“I'll see you tonight okay?” 

 

“Okay”

 

“I love you Baby”

 

“Okay”

 

Jisoo turns to look at her sister, giving her a brief hug. She mutters the word thanks and bids both ladies goodbye before she heads to her own respective destination. 

 

*

 

Both arrived at Elle’s Aunt’s building apartment and there was already a silver Benz park outside. Aunt Joo told her that she wanted to change her car for a bit. 

 

“You don’t like this car Aunt Joo?” she points at the black Sedan. Which garners a sweet smile from the older woman. 

 

“I love it Baby but I can’t bring this to work” 

 

Elle was slightly perplexed but decided to nod at the vague explanation. Best not to prod, she shrugs. Adults can be weird sometimes. A whole different breed that she wouldn’t want to get into as of now.  

 

“Let’s go, Elle” 

 

**

 

Jennie and Taeyeon make their way back from the shop. It was a little over 15 past nine. It was a cold wintery night and both women shiver as they make their way along the almost desolate street. 

Some of the storefronts were devoid of the familiar neon display, which was... well because there were very few people there to admire them. Cars sat empty along the curb, collecting snowflakes that were practically going to be a to clean in the morning. 

 

  Taeyeon grumbles a little, not so subtly whining about Jennie not taking ‘Boss’ Mina offers of wanting to come and fetch them. Jennie was adamant about walking despite much hell her younger cousin gave after she found out Jennie’s ‘unsavoury’ employment at the local wholefood franchise. What did Mina call it? An abomination-of-poor-excuse-overpriced-shops that deems to promote a ‘healthy’ lifestyle.    

 

“Lighten up Taeyeon, it’s a lovely night” 

 

And it is. Jennie looks up. The night sky is aglow with bright city lights. She can see a glimpse of the pale crescent moon as it shines its silvery claw. 

 

The occasional barking of faraway dogs broke her inner monologue. 

 

“Ridiculous. It’s cold and my feet are hurting me. If I stay outside for another minute, best believe I’ll have hypothermia and it’s fcking your fault.” 

 

Jennie chuckles “Don’t be such a drama queen…anyways, want to grab some coffee to cure your impending ‘hypothermia’?” 

 

“It’s almost 10, why on earth would I want to have coffee? I have to get up early to fix Mr. Anderson’s heater tomorrow. He’s been up on my about that thing since this morning. Jesus. I seriously need a good 9 hours sleep plus, if I were to get a freakin hypothermia, I deserved top-notch quality treatment from the best doctor in the country” 

 

“So, is that a yes?” 

 

“A hell yes” 

 

Jennie laughs wholeheartedly. 

 

Somehow the solid crunch of Jennie’s winter boots against the slightly covered road snow fills the night brought her back to the familiar reverie that she had a couple of minutes ago. She stuffs her hands in her pocket, and curls her head slightly to her chest. 

 

Before she could continue with her little bubble, her tiny walks came to a sudden halt. Her glassy eyes peered over a familiar silhouette. 

 

“Jisoo” she mutters under her breath 

 

The crestfallen look on Jennie’s face did not go unnoticed by Taeyeon. She turns to look at what’s in front. It was Jisoo. 

 

As Taeyeon was about to wave and call out the other Kim, her hand stopped midair. 

 

A tall, well-built man walks alongside Jisoo, linking their arms together. 

Jisoo was laughing, probably at something funny that the man said, and there was a kid with them tugging Jisoo’s arm gently as she offered her a beverage. 

 

A sight of a happy-looking family. A good-looking one at that as well. 

 

That thought alone gives Taeyeon a sudden whiplash. Her head turns to see Jennie at a breakneck speed. 

 

Meanwhile, Jennie’s gaze bore at the sight. 

 

Is that… him? 

 

She couldn’t actually see his face because of the thick scarf wrapped around his neck. He was tall, fair, and a well built man. He looks perfect next to Jisoo. It’s no wonder Jisoo rejected a lot of people before. 

 

He is very well dressed, judging from his clothes, and carries a certain charm that even Jennie could feel from a couple of feet apart. 

 

Jennie wanted to run. But her feet somehow won’t budge and rooted at the spot. She didn’t want Jisoo to see her. This is too early, I need more time

 

She then feels a tug on her arms, pulling her in the opposite direction. Her gaze never left the white-picket-fenced displays in front of her. 

 

Once they are in a different place, Jennie lets out a bitter chuckle. Which garners a worried look on Taeyeon’s face. 

 

“Well… as you probably could guess by now. She is out of my league.” 

 

“Jen…” 

 

“You were right though, I mean, not just you. Practically everyone told me that she and I could never be together. I mean Jisoo makes it pretty clear the first time around and I was pretty much of a moron to brain that” 

 

“Jennie, please don’t… “ 

 

Jennie gives a faint smile “It’s okay Taeyeon. I think I dwell on this matter too much lately.” she takes a deep breath “It does hurt a little… I mean, okay fine… it hurts a lot actually” 

 

“At this rate, I should’ve just you know… get used to it”

 

Taeyeon tilts her head a little “by getting used to it, you mean… avoiding her?” 

 

“Is it that obvious?” 

 

“You never really talk about her lately, and you stayed at home for two consecutive weeks on Tuesday and Friday.. which is odd since usually, you guys would meet up for tutoring sessions” 

 

The younger woman sighs “Should I just cancel them?” 

 

Taeyeon did not hesitate slapping Jennie’s forehead as the other girl let out a squeaky yelp. 

 

“Don’t be an idiot - oi stop glaring, it’s not that painful - what was I saying? Oh right. Don’t be an idiot. Judging from how you handle this ‘thing’ that’s going on between the two of you, I think you did pretty well. If you don’t crumble down just by looking at them hand in hand, I’m pretty sure you can go through a couple of hours tutoring her. Just cause you can’t be with her, doesn’t mean you guys can’t be friends'' 

 

“It still is too early to be friends don’t you think?”

 

“I’m not asking you to rush in and offer her friendship’s bracelet and you guys go on your merry ways braiding each other’s hair. Take your time. It’s fine if you don’t feel like wanting to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter