Chapter 24

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

Emotion~

 

 

 

Mina stares at the mug and bags of atrocious tea in front of her, contemplating whether to throw it in a bin or simply take the plunge and drink the damn tea.

 

Don’t get her wrong, she isn’t too picky about things but… tea is like one of her life line. Aside from Ramen that is. To stoop down this low and drink THE most basic tea…American made sweet goddamn tea on top of that is just…

 

“What did the tea ever do to you?”

 

Mina turns around glaring at her cousin while holding the tea bag in the air “What abominable tea is this? I expect better things from you Unnie”

 

Jennie laughs, snatching the tea from her baby cousin’s hand “Don’t be such a child. It’s not that bad” She pour a hot water and drop the tea bag in the mug. She places them in front of Mina before making her own.

 

Mina’s face scrunches in disgust “Who drinks tea in a mug?”

 

“Preposterous”

 

Jennie throws grape at Mina which the other woman is quick to dodge “drama queen”

 

“You’re in New York. Therefore you need to learn their culture”

 

“No thanks. I m fine with the Japanese in me”

 

Jennie snorts “You’re not even born in Japan. You’re Texas born. Therefore, my baby cousin. You’re an American”

 

Mina’s reactions worth hundreds of buck. The way her face scrunches in disgust and the intensity of her voice, well as intense as it could be, yells at Jennie sends the older woman into a laughing mess. Jennie know which button to push when it comes to Mina. A flick of a ‘green card’ reminder always ticks her off.

 

“Swear to God, you are such a little sometimes”

 

Jennie playfully nudge the other woman by her elbow “Yah! I’m older than you are. I’m your Unnie. The disrespect”

 

Mina chuckles “Hah! I m Japanese and American born, we don’t have that honorific thing going on”

 

Before Jennie could retorts, the bell to her loft rings and one familiar voice could be heard.

 

“Jennnyyyy, I m hereeeee, open up the doooorrr”

 

The worst impersonation of Forest Gump’s voice could be heard. Tom Hank would cried himself to sleep listening to that.  

 

“Okay… who’s that?” Mina asks

 

“A bigger idiot than I am”

 

*

Mina couldn’t help but slumps herself back a little as she sit on the couch. The flagrant stares that she get from a weird blonde lady sitting near her is pretty unnerving to be honest.

 

“Nice to know to that you’re not loyal “the blondie mutters changing her gaze upon Jennie

 

“What are you even on Taeyeon? It’s too early for that”

 

Mina flinches as the blondie named Taeyeon ‘dramatically’ slams her palms on the coffee table.

 

“I was rooting for you! Me and Aldo is!”

 

“It’s Aldo and I are”

 

“Don’t get semantic with me! It’s not even important now” She raises both hand in the air, continues on her hammy gestures “I thought Jisoo is the love of your life? You guys look sooo goooddd together. Why do you have to downgrade”

 

“Excuse me” okay, now that’s just plain offensive. Mina musters the deathliest glares

 

“I m kidding!” Taeyeon cowers “Such a feisty little thing”

 

“Taeyeon, please shut up” Jennie groans “It’s not what you think it is. Plus, aren’t you the one who keeps on mentioning that I’m too ‘imbalanced’ for someone like Jisoo?”

 

“It was supposed to be a positive reinforcement Jennie”

 

“How is that even..?? You know what. I’m not going to argue with you on that”

 

“My point being is, Jisoo is good for you. I know she looks like she’s out of your league but I think you guys will be good together despite of me saying nonsense stuff. You don’t have to immediately go and look for rebound’

 

“and I m too expensive to be a rebound” Mina chimes in which receives an incredulous look from the blonde woman.

 

“And if you were that heartbroken, you could have chose a more down to earth gal”

 

 

“Rude”

 

“It’s not rude if it’s true”

 

“Okay enough” Jennie looks at Taeyeon “She’s not a rebound plus she’s is damn too expensive and high maintenance to be one. Neither one of us could afford her”

 

Mina feels the blonde woman glaring straight through her skull, not that she cares anyway at least she knows that her cousin puts her up on a pedestal.

 

“So basically, a b*tch”

 

“Excuse me!”

 

“She’s my cousin”

 

That ought to shut the blondie up. “Seriously Jennie Unnie, you could have just tell her straight up”

 

Jennie chuckles at the constipated looking woman “Nah, this is way more entertaining”

 

“You piece of sh*t!”

 

The older woman take no heed in trying to strangle her cousin who’s by the way was laughing to her heart content.

 

Mina may think it was a wise decision indeed that Jennie decided to disappear for a little while.

 

Jennie seems a little more laid back and happier if that’s even possible.

 

After the whole 10 minutes of apologizing begging to Mina -Taeyeon is adamant in assuming that Mina is somesort of Japanese Mafia’s daughter because of the vibe that she gave - Taeyeon went back to her apartment with a promise to come back with a scrumptious and to-die-for Macaron-to-go as a form of apology.

 

“She’s… interesting” Mina utters, looking at her cousin “Are you sure she’s okay?”

 

 Jennie laugh. Reassuring her cousin that the older woman is harmless. “Although I had to deal with her weird sh*ts almost everyday which is pretty much hell when I ran out of coffee.”

 

**

 

Taeyeon practically skips along the isle in the store as she look for the ingredients. She promised Boss Mina she would prepares a to-die-for macaron and best believe that she will deliver.

 

Her mind went back to the young Japanese beauty in Jennie’s loft.  

 

“Probably I could prepare a Japanese themed Macaron, that should makes her happy”

 

The thing is Taeyeon had no clue about Japanese Culture. Is there any Sushi flavoured Macaron? She ponders. As she goes about finding the right flavoured to recreate an authentic Japanese flavoured macaron her eyes caught on to someone familiar.

 

“Eh, Jisoo”

 

“Oh hey Taeyeon” Jisoo waves. She walks towards the younger woman “I need your help”

 

“Oh, okay? What could I possibly help you with?”

 

“Do you like Japanese food?”

 

“Sure”

 

“What do you think about Sushi’s flavoured Macaron?”

 

That ought to stumped Jisoo in her feet. The other woman look at Taeyeon with such incredulous look on her face “What?”

 

“Like, do you think you can help me with that? Like just be the Gordon Ramsey to my magnificent Macaron’s Recipe”

 

“You want me to curse you?”

 

“Uh, probably not. How about be the Nigella or Jamie Oliver to my brilliant Macaron?”

 

“Taeyeon. What exactly that you’re trying to do here? Are you trying to prank Jennie? I don’t think she’d fall for that” Jisoo chuckles

 

And that’s when the light bulb goes on

 

“No, of course not. I m just trying to be nice to Jennie’s new girl friend. She’s Japanese. And very pretty one at that”

 

“Oh?”

 

“I mean, I don’t know whether they are… you know but um, they’re in the process of getting to know each other. Since she’ll be around most of the time, I wanted to welcomed her with a nice authentic Japanese flavoured Macaron ala’ Chef Taeyeon”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter