Chapter 19

Wreck-it-Jen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 19/?

 

“You see, there’s several mistakes that you’ve done here” Jennie uncaps her red pen and starts scribbling on the other woman’s draft.

“Your marketing Mix. Four P’s under…Pricing” The heiress scribbles some footnotes to emphasize her point “A common marketing strategy is to take product in a competitive industry and diHerentiate it in some way…”

Jisoo perplex “What’s that?”

“Make it more environmentally friendly or more fun for example. Only then, you might charge a higher price because you have a unique product”

“That’s a rip off” Jisoo utters

Jennie chuckles by Jisoo’s honest opinion “However, one of the consequences of this kind of strategy is your competitors may copy your product or making BePer product changes than what you have. Than your price advantage might disappear. Hence, you need to have pricing strategy that make sense and flexible in a competitive environment”

“What’s wrong with my pricing now?” Jisoo asks

“Based on your draft, you actually disregard your competitors and your Pricing is unclear. You need to able to show what prices are being charged by various opponents. If you forgo the pricing strategy from our previous discussion, you need to explain why and what the consequences will be. Also, you need to be able to convince the reader/lecturer… in this case Prof Irene, that your targeted customers will pay the price you are asking”

“Also, let’s take a look at your Income Statement…” Jennie pulls out the appendix and highlight the said topic “ You see, Your sales are approximately 35,915. And your competition Revenues would be….” Scribbles “12,636… and total is 48,551”

Jisoo’s head starts to block all the numbers from hitting her eardrums and she forces her eyes to scrutinize everything that is going on in front of her.

“There are several things that you need to take into account when producing this Income statement.. for examples, your lease cost, payroll, professional fees, Professional Development and HR, mileage and oh, minor equipment replacement among other things” Jennie diligently jot down the list that Jisoo missed out. Overall, if this were the case, your opening RE is 27,482… and your Ending RE would be… about…” The heiress taps on the calculator “35,831”

Jennie is understandably proud of herself, as she sees her work. She turns to look at Jisoo and she almost. ALMOST coos by the sight of dazed looking woman staring at her. She fought down her unnecessary compliment by biting her tongue hard.

“Uh, Jisoo?”

Jisoo then abruptly slamming her forehead hard on the table which startles the heiress and the people sitting nearby

“Yah yah!” Jennie immediately lands her palm on the table where her girl crush slams her head, not wanting the other woman to hurt herself.

If daze looking Jisoo is adorable, a sulky looking Jisoo tugs Jennie’s heart hard as the other woman lands her chin on Jennie’s palm looking so pitiful.

“Jennieee, I would never aced this class” Jisoo utters in despair, and probably on the verge of bursting in tears.

“hey, hey… it’s okay. You’ll get them eventually” Jennie tries to comfort Jisoo despite of having heart attack by the sudden display of cuteness in front of her.

“No, you don’t get it” Jisoo cups her face with her own palms “It has been like what? A week that you’ve been tutoring me….and I don’t understand a single ”      

Jennie seriously wants to squish Jisoo’s adorable cheeks and probably gaze into her diamond eyes for hours. Sulky Jisoo is definitely Jennie’s favourite and who would’ve known people spitting profanities could be damn adorable. Or is she just bias because its Jisoo? Does count as profanities tho?Anyway…

 

Her internal fangirling was cut short when she noticed that Jisoo is actually in total distraught. Jennie didn’t know what to do. So she does what she does best… or what she had learned from all the weird K-Drama that Tayeon has binge watching nowadays.

The ever so elusive Jennie lands her palm on top of Jisoo’s head. She pats it gently, occasionally rubbing them. Still not knowing what to do and expect.

“Uh… Jennie… What are you doing?” Jisoo looks at her in confusion.

“Comforting you?” Jennie blinks rapidly “is…it… not working?” Still innocently patting Jisoo’s head.

Jisoo falls headback as she laughs her hearts out. Jennie couldn’t take her eyes off the other woman. Both of them pretty much ignored their surrounding at this point.

Jennie takes everything back. Laughing Jisoo is definitely her favourite.

“Where did you even learn that??” Jisoo asks as her laughter subdues

“Korean Drama that Tayeon has been hooked up on” The Heiress shrugs

“It’s call a drama for a reason Jennie” Jisoo chuckles, wiping off the tear in her eyes.

“Well, it works for them” Jennie defends herself even if she feels a bit silly for doing that, but the smile on Jisoo’s face is definitely worth it.

“That doesn’t work in real life”

“See, I told Taeyeon that those pretty boy gestures are just damn ridiculous” Jennie shook her head

“Don’t mock them, remember the time when you…” before Jisoo finishes her words, Jennie cuts her off

“Yah Yah,let’s… let’s just don’t go there” Jennie’s face crimson hues

Jisoo laugh her heart content, ignoring the sulking heiress in front of her

“Jennie Oppa….” Jisoo purposely utters in her most annoying cutesy voice, mocking those typical female characters in the majority of K-Drama.

 Unbeknownst to her, Jennie’s heart pretty much stops beating.

.

.

***

It was already late in the evening when they end their tutoring session and both decided to take a walk at the park. The park was almost empty at that point. The weather is understandably chilly but nice nevertheless.

“Hey…I’m sorry for everything that happened before” Jennie rubs the back of her head awkwardly.

“I told you I’m fine busting your from jail” Jisoo kinks her eyebrows “Tho restrain yourself from doing it again in the future” She chuckles.

“No no, I was talking about what happened at Campus… before” Jennie fiddles her finger, taking a deep breath “I was being ignorant about everything and practically forces you to… go out with me, even when you said no… insistently…since the beginning… and countless times after.. I made you uncomfortable and embarrassed you in front of others and it’s was inconsiderate and highly inappropriate”

“I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and it has been bugging me. And I’m sorry that it took me so long to apologise. Everything I did was such an embarrassment” Jennie groans

To say Jisoo is taken aback, that would be understatement of the year. She never expected the Heiress to actually apologise about her past behaviour nor does she even ask for one. But listening to it does ease her a little. At least the heiress is making an effort to change.

“It’s okay” Jisoo smile. She fasten her pace a little and stand in front of the other woman which halts Jennie from walking.

Jisoo held out her hand in front of her “I think we got on the wrong foot. We should start afresh. Hi, I’m Kim Jisoo. Nice to finally meet you, properly”

Jennie smiles, grabbing the other woman’s hand gently – Dear Lord Jesus, her hand is soft af! -, shaking them firmly. “Nice to finally meet you too. I’m Kim Jennie”

“Now we got that out of our system, we can finally be friend in peace” Jisoo sniggers

“You… still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter